VF-154 Black Knights

fl0w

Lookin good, I'm looking forward to flying that one.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

You mean like this one ? Sorry about stealing your thunder mate, but I wont be releasing this for public consumption so yours will be good to go. Keep at it. This one had some interesting differences requested, so its not entirely vanilla.

T0cjcRg.png

S1jMadx.png

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

You mean like this one ? Sorry about stealing your thunder mate, but I wont be releasing this for public consumption so yours will be good to go. Keep at it. This one had some interesting differences requested, so its not entirely vanilla.

KtpRujQ.png?1

Haha yeah! Do not be sorry, I never knew. I will keep working on it. :)

Almost done. Added black tips with red trim on the wings and stabilizers. Updated the dark paint to be more black, and the rest of the fuselage to a lighter grey.

j53I4Mv.png

If anyone has any reference photos of the inner rudder sides and top of the airframe, please post them to me!

From my references inner rudder side was always empty, low and hi visibility. so your livery is right.

No pictures from top for this specific livery, but should be stardard like the others, with the roundel with the same color and size of the side.

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Sirius, look through this site, some great pics.

http://www.seaforces.org/usnair/VF/Fighter-Squadron-154.htm

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Looks awesome. However your signature line says you no longer make mods for the community. So is this a tease?

No, the signature is legitimate on the behalf of making flyable aircraft mods for the community. I am more or less dipping my feet into the livery/skinning making aspect of this and may continue if I find more interest in it.

Sirius, look through this site, some great pics.

http://www.seaforces.org/usnair/VF/Fighter-Squadron-154.htm

Thanks! I will take a look at it. :)

No, the signature is legitimate on the behalf of making flyable aircraft mods for the community. I am more or less dipping my feet into the livery/skinning making aspect of this and may continue if I find more interest in it.

Thanks! I will take a look at it. :)

Got tit, thanks.

News

Sorry for the delay guys! Just about done with the livery. Needs very minor adjustments but it is looking good. Hoping for a release this weekend.

In other news, a joint venture is being continued on the VF-154 Black Knights livery with Stargazer. I am happy to say that I will be releasing this livery of mine alongside his. I plan on in the future also working on the Low Viz variant of this livery. More details will be coming soon. :)

Screen_190629_000801.png

Screen_190629_000912.png

Screen_190629_001311.png

Sounds great! I love it when there's a carrier populated with different but matching skins. Looking forward to the Black knights! One thing I noticed though: the red stripes on the rudders don't match perfectly yet.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Sorry for the crickets chirping guys, I have been super busy with personal life matters. On the VF-154, the red stripes have now been properly aligned. Red trimming has also been fixed on the stabilizers. Currently, the other livery maker is busy, so the liveries may be released separately depending on the amount of time being able to be allocated towards our own designs.

DCS_2019-07-04_18-05-39.png

That's really looking great, thanks for your work!

Easy for me to do with the current livery with some simple color changes. :)

No worries. One of you were asking for top of the (spine, hood, cape, etc) of this aircraft.

US_Navy_021109-N-1810F-022_F-14_Tomcat_returns_to_the_sky_after_missing_arresting_wire.thumb.jpg.056db7d1c023c05ce910baa2a5f9ed01.jpg

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Thanks! Just checked it with my model and it is the same. :D

Hoping to release this soon, I just want to make it look good and minimize new updates to it upon launch to ED user files.

A small update on this thread:

As progress has been continuing (and minor procrastination) on the VF-154 High Viz skin, the livery has now been completed. I am fairly satisfied with what I made out of it during my free time, and learned quite a bit to how livery making works with the F-14B. I overlooked a lot of this beforehand, and now that I have been able to practice my own skills on this, I can now look back upon this knowing that this was an easier said-than-done kind of deal.

In other news, I will be now working on the Low Viz variant as I had promised that I would look into doing for Robert. This version is just one of the other two that I will be making. Progress on the first one is almost done as well, with some exceptions like the pilot helmets. Sorry for taking so long to get these liveries released to you guys, but they will come!

"VF-154 Black Knights 1988"

DCS_2019-07-10_01-51-31.png