problem X-55 Rhino

karkka

Hi.

I have a problem with my x-55 rhino. It seems that every time I start DCS I have to reprogram the axis and every button, I have also saved the mapping but that don´t work. It´s not fun to have to program the controller every time I want to play. If I choose to save my mapped key. do I for example has to make one file for keyboard, one for stick, one for throttle. For every aircraft?

I also unmount my X-5 Rhino when I´m done playing if that cause the loss of mapped controls.

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

Hi.

I have a problem with my x-55 rhino. It seems that every time I start DCS I have to reprogram the axis and every button, I have also saved the mapping but that don´t work. It´s not fun to have to program the controller every time I want to play. If I choose to save my mapped key. do I for example has to make one file for keyboard, one for stick, one for throttle. For every aircraft?

I also unmount my X-5 Rhino when I´m done playing if that cause the loss of mapped controls.

Try to use powered USB with x-55, that fixes the random inputs problem,maybe that will help with your problem. x-55 need more voltage from the usb.

Use the in-game profiler, you need to save profiles for axis, and buttons, so two for each controller, the throttle is a totally seperate controller from the stick, their both seperate from the keyboard, so to save your stick profile, click on an axis or button in the x-55 stick category, then save it, then to save your throttle profile, click on a button or axis in the throttle category and save it.

yes, you need to set controls for every plane, all the fc-3 planes really could just be 1 profile, since their all simplified down to the point where they basically use the same number of keys for the same systems, even if iconography, locations and names are slightly different visually in the cockpit... but their not 1 profile...

but for the non-fc3 planes, there are enough differences between them that, although there are still a lot of controls you can set the same for every plane, you do need seperate profiles for them.

unplugging your stick and throttle won't affect profiles, just make sure to plug them in before you start dcs.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes. Win 10.

Hadwell: I have always done the thing you say. but it do not work. Or sometimes the A10C "remembers my mapping".

One thine that is weird are that when I checking the mapping in option. both the stick and throttle are default configure pitch, roll, yaw and thrust. at same time. so I have to clear the mapped axis on the throttle to not make conflict with the stick.

I assume that is all works correct. I should save all my mapped keys, axis, and I dont have to program. and the Save/load profile are only good if I choose to example. reinstall DCS.

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

I tried to delete the stick and throttle lua file, in the config folder in every aircraft. and made my own new mapping in option and saved the new file in the config/aircraft folder for each aircraft and Stick, throttle. Just for fun I restarted the game but the dcs still make some default mapping, and I have to reload every profile again. Did not work to delete and create my own.

1642958315_Namnls.png.5997bfb3990c0206696de70207e7472a.png

Hi,

I guess you have the latest win10 drivers

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10/

DCS-FAQ

My input devices don’t work ( joystick axes work incorrectly, buttons click don’t work, etc.) What should I do?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/501/

I would make more

Make screenshots from your option-settings ( graphics, gameplay, ... )

C:\Users\ your account \Saved Games\DCS

Copy the folder ...\DCS for a backup - if you want to restore files from ...\missions, ...\tracks, ...\screenshots

Delete the folder ...\DCS

Run a repair : All programs \ Eagle Dynamics \ Repair (as admin)

Start DCS and test your joystick-settings without saving anything to a profile

If you klick "OK" when leaving the configuration window the settings should be saved ( and loaded with every DCS-start )

For some problem-threads was the solution : Delete ...\DCS + repair

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit ###################

I don`t know whether the X55 has the same behavior and may cause connection-problems

( the X52 uses only one USB-port)

I learned one thing for my X52 Pro

Install the driver

Connect to a USB-port

MARK the USB-port

NEVER EVER use another USB-port (plug-out/plug-in actions)

Edited by Blech