Tutorial series for the Viggen

xxJohnxx

Thank you all for your comments! Means a lot to me! :thumbup:

One request by chance could we get your missions that you make for these videos?

Allready a bit ahead of you on that front. Each youtube video has the .miz file in the description. I will add them to the main post as well though, so people can see the missions while watching from here. :smilewink:

:pilotfly:

• Thanks 1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Thank you all for your comments! Means a lot to me! :thumbup:

Allready a bit ahead of you on that front. Each youtube video has the .miz file in the description. I will add them to the main post as well though, so people can see the missions while watching from here. :smilewink:

oh amazing and i must be blind thank you!

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

I've been following the first and second RB-15 videos to the letter but can't seem to get them to hit their targets.

The missiles seem to start tracking, then veer 90 degrees left or right approx. 5 KM from the target, then blow up. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

The missiles seem to start tracking, then veer 90 degrees left or right approx. 5 KM from the target, then blow up. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Does it happen in the mission I provided for the second mission as well?

Sometimes the BX9 waypoint can cause a bit of interference I think.

On an unrelated note, got another video for you guys!

Using the RB 05A againt ground targets

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Hi xxJohnxx,

Thank you very much indeed for your excellent tutorials,

especially the one about the use of the Rb75 Missiles.

I managed to successfully employ the Rb75 Missiles with your method,

but ONLY if those are mounted on the OUTER pylons, the ones in the INNER pylons won’t work. What am I doing wrong? Or is this a BUG?

Moreover, if I employ, also successfully, two RB-04E Anti-ship missile, and then select the Rb75 Missiles on the OUTER pylons, the Ep-13 indicator won’t even light up….

What am I doing wrong? Or is this also a BUG?

Miz files included.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Grüezi,

Moreover, if I employ, also successfully, two RB-04E Anti-ship missile, and then select the Rb75 Missiles on the OUTER pylons, the Ep-13 indicator won’t even light up….

As Vladinsky pointed out, the Viggen can not carry two types of ground attack amunition at the same time. Only exception are the gunpods.

This might be a stupid question but when I download the missions, I receive a zipped file with a folder called "l10n" and three files: mission, options and warehouses. I tried to copy them into my main folder but no luck.

This might be a stupid question but when I download the missions, I receive a zipped file with a folder called "l10n" and three files: mission, options and warehouses. I tried to copy them into my main folder but no luck.

Mission files (.miz) are actually zip archives, but don't unzip them, just copy them to your missions folder.

Mission files (.miz) are actually zip archives, but don't unzip them, just copy them to your missions folder.

It's quite strange. When I look at the link, it says *.miz. When I download, it downloads as a zipped file. Even if I try to rename with a .miz, its still won't work, when I put in into missions. And the icons still shows it as a zip-file :(

Edit: it seems like it a Microsoft browser problem. Just tried with Firefox and no problems.

Edit: it seems like it a Microsoft browser problem. Just tried with Firefox and no problems.

Yeah, I've repeatedly read from users of IE11 (or was it Edge?) on Windows 10 that missions (.miz) and tracks (.trk) are treated as ZIP files and automatically extracted.

I mean, they *are* ZIP files, but in order for DCS to work with them, they need to remain as such. But well, it's Microsoft, who knows what they weren't thinking this time.

Grüezi,

As Vladinsky pointed out, the Viggen can not carry two types of ground attack amunition at the same time. Only exception are the gunpods.

Thanks for the reply! I understand.

Though strange that the ME lets one set this loadout,

with other planes a black square appears (e.g. Mirage 2000) letting one

know that it is not a valid loadout.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

It's quite strange. When I look at the link, it says *.miz. When I download, it downloads as a zipped file. Even if I try to rename with a .miz, its still won't work, when I put in into missions. And the icons still shows it as a zip-file :(

Strange that the MS browser acts like that. Anyway i always use Firefox, as you said, no problems...

Great vids any chance you would do one on creating way points?

I had that in mind for the advanced navigation tutorial.

Thanks for the reply! I understand.

Though strange that the ME lets one set this loadout,

with other planes a black square appears (e.g. Mirage 2000) letting one

know that it is not a valid loadout.

Would be nice if they could add that for the Viggen too!

• Like 1

Thanks alot xxJohnxx!

Your vids made me come back to DCS and now ive even got me a viggen, Been using your test missions to try and replicate what I see in the videos just to get my head wrapped around it. The plane itself is easy enough, but what makes it hard is the nav system.

Im not sure what I do wrong but in your navigation mission all I get in my waypoints says E1 E2 etc. like in error and it will not update. Im sure I miss something vital but cannot for the life of me figure out what.

Im not sure what I do wrong but in your navigation mission all I get in my waypoints says E1 E2 etc. like in error and it will not update. Im sure I miss something vital but cannot for the life of me figure out what.

I think that happens when the radar fix switch is in the T1 Fix position; do you have that mapped? It should be okay as soon as you set it back to T0 Fix.

Thanks alot xxJohnxx!

Your vids made me come back to DCS and now ive even got me a viggen, Been using your test missions to try and replicate what I see in the videos just to get my head wrapped around it. The plane itself is easy enough, but what makes it hard is the nav system.

Yurgon is right, E doesn't stand for Error, it stands for Egenfix ("fix on own position"). See https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3031870#post3031870