I bought a map - Do I have to create missions?

littlewing

Hi,

I'm new to DCS, I bought the Syria map,

I know there are no dynamic campaigns in DCS but are there targets that are predefined that comes with the map?

Or do I need to create missions from scratch? (Creating my a/c, waypoints and the other enemy targets and their locations).

I hope I was clear enough.

Thank you.

Make sure to check out the missions sub-forum. There are a few for Syria already

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You should REALLY check out the DCS Liberation 2.0 dynamic campaign. It's not perfect but it's an extremely good stopgap. Even the traditionally grumpy folk of Hoggit are loving it.

Some links:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214834

${1}

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S