Shval operation

Hello all,

It is my first contact with the Su-25T. I'm having a blast to fly this little plane.

However, I have to get familiarized with its systems.

I've watched all the training systems for Flaming Cliffs 2.0 and they have helped me a lot.

But a question remains: does the Shval have some kind of memory to the last target you attacked?

I mean, on the A-10, the TGP pod is fixed to where you last attacked. So, when you extend and get back to attack again, the pod is pointing at the right direction.

With the Toad, I find myself having to manually track the Shval back and again to find the targets.

Is there a way to make it easier for a re-attack?

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

Hello all,

It is my first contact with the Su-25T. I'm having a blast to fly this little plane.

However, I have to get familiarized with its systems.

I've watched all the training systems for Flaming Cliffs 2.0 and they have helped me a lot.

But a question remains: does the Shval have some kind of memory to the last target you attacked?

I mean, on the A-10, the TGP pod is fixed to where you last attacked. So, when you extend and get back to attack again, the pod is pointing at the right direction.

With the Toad, I find myself having to manually track the Shval back and again to find the targets.

Is there a way to make it easier for a re-attack?

It is not possible, once you go out of gimbal limits of SHKVAL it looses lock/ground stabilization.

Ok, thanks.

Another question:

Does the system has a zoom feature, like the TGP?

Sometimes, I have to get too close (for comfort) before identifying and getting a lock on a target.

In the FC 2.0 videos it says that the Shval has three zooms. So far, I only get two: Wide Field of View to Narrow Field of View.

Ok, thanks.

Another question:

Does the system has a zoom feature, like the TGP?

Sometimes, I have to get too close (for comfort) before identifying and getting a lock on a target.

In the FC 2.0 videos it says that the Shval has three zooms. So far, I only get two: Wide Field of View to Narrow Field of View.

Well you actually have Narrow and extra Narrow zooms. In previous versions the SHKVAL had 1xzoom (wide), 8xzoom (narrow) and 23xzoom (extra narrow). Wide (1x) was deleted because of frame rate issues and the fact that real shkval does not have wide view . So now you have 8x and 23x zooms only.

"The Shkval sighting system is designed to

detect and identify mobile and stationary surface,

and air targets by their television

images. The system provides target tracking

in the manual, programme-corrected, and

automatic modes, automatic guidance of

anti-tank missiles, delivery of air-to-surface

guided munitions, laser- and television-guided

bombs, rockets, conventional and retarded

bombs.

The system comprises a laser rangefinder/illuminator,

a daytime TV-optical system, an automatic

television target tracking device, an ATGM

laser-beam-riding control channel, a gyro-stabilised

actuator, and a communications and interface unit.

The Shkval-V is designed for the Ka-50 helicopter.

The Shkval-M is designed for the Su-39(Su-25TM) attack aircraft.

Daytime control device field-of-view, deg:

wide 3 x 4

narrow 0.7 x 0.9

Night control device field-of-view:

wide 18.2 x 13.7

narrow 7.3 x 5.5

Line-of-sight angle range, deg:

elevation -85/+15

azimuth -35/+35"

Taken from http://www.roe.ru/cataloque/air_craft/aircraft_95-98.pdf

:thumbup:

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz, 8GB Kingston HyperX @1.6GHz, Ati Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5, 19' 1440x900 screen

Well you actually have Narrow and extra Narrow zooms. In previous versions the SHKVAL had 1xzoom (wide), 8xzoom (narrow) and 23xzoom (extra narrow). Wide (1x) was deleted because of frame rate issues and the fact that real shkval does not have wide view . So now you have 8x and 23x zooms only.

Thanks!

I read before that the Shkval had three magnifications level. Your explanation cleared it up.

:thumbup:

That u want make is possible but not for the moment. ED did not make that part of the Su-25T avionic, so the SU-25T is at a disadvantage respect to the A-10c. Anyway the Su-25T have much more firepower, so u can hit a high numer of unit but unfortunately that take long time and u should have experience. We have wait for Ed release this cockpit panel:

It is like the PVI-800, but for the Toat:

panel-su-25t.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm...nice.

It's a beta, so they have plenty of room for improvement.

And about the Toad, I see that you must extend much farther away from the target. something like 20 km.

And from that distance you can't see much from the Shkval as the way it is. I didn't play FC 2.0, so I don't know how it was done on that sim.

It is difficult to tell if it a truck or an artillery piece unless you are very. veruy close (10 km or less). Maybe it is my screen resolution that is low (1380 x768), but in the A-10 you can see the individual soldiers in the ground from the same distance.

Let's hope they improve this. As I'm leraning so farm from ED, you got have a lot of patience until they get things right. But they will get everthing right eventually.