Is DCS World enhancing Sims Overall Performance ?

Just curious if any of the P51 pilots or ED testers had noticed any increase in FPS etc. in the new DCS world ? I realize we won't really know until we try BS and A10 in the new world but with your current rigs you might be getting a feel for things. Not saying there should be a performance increase but you know. :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd say it's still a bit too early to think about that since there is likely to be some optimization work left to be done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just curious if any of the P51 pilots or ED testers had noticed any increase in FPS etc. in the new DCS world ?

Yes, there is a small FPS increase. How much FPS, difficult to say. Running the LOFC2 stock Su-25T quickstart mission in DCS:world yields a much smoother framerate. Ground units are much more visible. Gfx in both are at Max settings.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Yes, there is a small FPS increase. How much FPS, difficult to say. Running the LOFC2 stock Su-25T quickstart mission in DCS:world yields a much smoother framerate. Ground units are much more visible. Gfx in both are at Max settings.

Su25T has not as complex systems as other DCS machines and it has no shadows in cockpit and no 6dof.

I would say no

Let me be more exact in my meaning... comparing FC2 and DCS world, the FPS is the same if not worse if I use exact same settings, but there are some graphical improvements so it's expected to have bit worse performance... in FC2 I can use mirrors and have decent framerate with in DCS world mirrors have more impact so I have to turn them off.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

maybe they will make semi-3d pit for other FC2 aircrat like they did with Su-25T
What exactly do you mean by semi-3D? All cockpits in Flanker2/Lockon/FC/DCS are 3D. The cockpits prior to DCS have a relatively low amount of geometry, relatively much detail is done using textures. It's not a 2D cockpit like MSFS had them ... Using the same reasoning the P-51D model is semi-3D because the rivets on the fuselage are not part of the geometry, but just textures ...

Just curious if any of the P51 pilots or ED testers had noticed any increase in FPS etc. in the new DCS world ?
I haven't noticed any performance differences. It's the same graphics engine which was previously used in DCS, therefore being limited to Direct3D 9.0 features (DirectX9.0c dates back to 2004 ...). Some graphics effects have been changed but nothing dramatic. As far as one can guess, this graphics enigine won't see much more development because another one ("EDGE") is being developed which should make better use of today's graphic cards' capabilities, improving performance and/or visual quality.

by semi-3d I mean, the front pannel, MFD/TV and HUD for example are currently in same plane (I think) so even if you move head left/right you see the front in same perspective... now I noticed in DCS World when Su-25T enables 6DoF the HUD and TV do change perspective a little bit also giving sensation of 3D-ness :)

No longer active in DCS...

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Using the same reasoning the P-51D model is semi-3D because the rivets on the fuselage are not part of the geometry, but just textures ...

Not trying to nitpick. If you remove the textures from the p51, you'll see some of the rivets are part of the 3d model. It's an incredible amount of detail on the model. I agree with the rest of what you say.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

by semi-3d I mean, the front pannel, MFD/TV and HUD for example are currently in same plane (I think) so even if you move head left/right you see the front in same perspective... now I noticed in DCS World when Su-25T enables 6DoF the HUD and TV do change perspective a little bit also giving sensation of 3D-ness :)
Open the cockpit models for the pre-DCS flyables in ModelViewer (cockpit files --> .\DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes\Kabina-*.cmd) and switch to custom draw mode (=wireframe [overlay]).