Logitech Extreme 3d Pro

Hey,

Thanks for sharing that profile and its useful illustration! Using all the side buttons as modifiers is a great idea.

I've just ordered a 3D pro and I'll try something similar with FC3 and BS2 in a few days.

Cheers.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm not sure if you can help me but I'm gonna try. I have been experiencing this problem since before applying this profile.

My problem is that I cannot use the Hat Switch on my Extreme 3D PRO as a directional HOTAS switch (Slew, Coolie, DMS, Trim, etc). It will simply refuse to trigger the command. It's like if I wasn't pressing the buttons at all. It doesn't matter if the assignment has a modifier key or not.

The Hat Switch is not broken, as it perfectly works on its default assignment, moving the camera.

I can use the mentioned controls on the keyboard but I'd like to transfer them to the joystick, as suggested by this Profile.

I just received the joystick and have been trying to configure all the key assignments for two days, before finding this post. Please help.

Edited by firefueled

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I ve got a problem with this setup where for example I press button 7 and then hat to trim nothing hapens, just like as I would press only hat. It is the same with all other buttons.

And yes I the option menu i dont have all controls red colored. Infact all controls are normany colored

Please help!

Sorry for bad english.

Really nice profile here, I don’t have one, but I'm helping someone get there Extreme 3d pro to use your .LUA file, that's easy. Your file looks great all the necessary buttons seem to be well represented, the Layout looks to by the way. Good stuff.

We’d like to set his radio MIC switch forward (your DX5 and DX10) assigned as the Trigger for VAC systems to start listening. VAC Systems in all its Awesomennes doesn't recognize DX codes (expected). We'd like to change the DX5 and DX10 to the "\" key. Then we can ask VAC to look for \.

Is anyone here using the "Logitech Gamming Software" to program the stick?

If not, any tricks for getting the stick to produce keyboard presses?

If so, then we may need some drivers, or not win8, or something, at least we’d know it works for someone and its worth pursuing.

I’m pretty sure “LGS” supports the DX as well and would need to be used once the stick is programed. The challenge we have is the “LGS” is not seeing the 3d pro using win8. Is there any hope to him for “Tanker, Ready Pre-contact” without reaching for the keyboard?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the great layout and hard work! I do have a question though, all the buttons seem to work fine for me. However, I do run into a big issue. I can use the hat switch for slewing (since I have trackir), but when I use button 8 + hat to change active window, I cannot seem to go back to the normal slew.

I tried pushing 8 again, I tried pushing another number. But it seems to just stick to the last modifier, is there a way to get back to neutral sort of speak?

Alright, I fixed that. Apparantly, I had it setup as switches and not as modifiers. So that solved most of it. However, I do seem to run into a new issue now. I cannot hold a button anymore. It only recognizes tabs.. which is quite inconvenient. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ircghost

Working with some one last evening with one of these, he noticed one of the modifiers is a toggle?.

Bare in mind with my ignorant suggestion, I have not one of these sticks, and looks that I'll not be getting one neither. It seems to do DX codes only, no keyboard keys configuration.

I just recalled, if you assign a button to a "Hotas" switch, it may require press and hold, the "Hotas" buttons are molded in DCS to function like the real buttons, this keeps people from having to make macro's to simulate Press and Hold. "hotas" switches are already this way. this stick looks to have been modeled as close to the flight manual as it could, and the manual will show you what requires press and hold, like "hotas coolie hat left long" makes the Left MFCD SOI. you could tap it all day, the SOI will not happen.

Edited by spokejocky
Additional Info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Thanks for your reply, it seems now that everything should work fine. Except for one thing.

After 8 years of loyal service it seems my joystick is just failing on me, I did some calibration tests and 7 to 12 buttons just don't really work well (in other words, sometimes I have to repress them a lot to actually get an effect). My rudder and Y axis are also a bit wobbly.. I'm considering just buying a whartog stick or something.. (except that i just bought a Saitek pro yoke + throttle)

I just have one slight suggestion. Wouldn't it be smarter to also include LAAP + Alt& HDG to the top?

I know have:

Button 12 + 4 = AP engage/disengage

Button 12 + 5 = Alt hold

Button 12 + 6 = HDG hold

Is anyone here using the "Logitech Gamming Software" to program the stick?

If not, any tricks for getting the stick to produce keyboard presses?

we’d know it works for someone and its worth pursuing.

Is there any hope to him for “Tanker, Ready Pre-contact” without reaching for the keyboard?

So I trust then no hope then, No worries his WortHog is on the way now.

His Logitech Extreme 3d Pro may be for sale, let me know...

I think a second one also for sale..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, making your LAAP handy is a good thing, particularly the ALT hold. This allows you to set curves to maintain an orbit with no hands on the stick, then press the Autopilot|altitude hold. now you can have a bit more time with eyes in the pit to set-up for/find targets. "don't stand around on a corner in a bad neighbor hood"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I have clicked on the Joystick column but I still cant get the load requester to pop up..

am i supposed to put the LUA file somewhere first?

UPDATE: actually you cannot load it while you are playing you have to be at the main menu

You need to click the joystick column in the game, then click load profile on the top right.

Ive took it apart cus it was bugging me too much :D Inside i saw the bottom spring is not entirely fixes so i used hot glue to lock it in place. Also the ring which sits on top of the spring was loosely placed onto the support sliding plastic. To make it tighter i wrapped 1 turn of duckt tape around it, greased it back and assembled bottom part. I did same for the twisting handle. The plastics at the joint are just bit too lose to provide completely smooth turning. Ive wrapped 1 layer of duckt tape, lubricated it and put it back together. The stick now feels much more tightly put together and consistant. Only problem is that i dont know for how long the tape will last before it wears out ... but than again... its not that hard to replace it :P

Here is how I was able to get the OP's .lua file to load/work correctly as of today's date (05/25/2014):

1.) Save OP's (OP = Original Poster) .lua file to your Desktop (or anywhere that you will be able to find it) by either right clicking and choosing "Save as" or clicking on the OP's link, "selecting all" (ctrl+A), and then copying the contents to a new text document (change .txt extension to .lua and save).

2.) Change the file name to (DO NOT INCLUDE QUOTES): "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB.lua" <-- COPY AND PASTE TO PREVENT ERRORS!!!

3.) Open the re-named file with notepad and delete "function layout()" at the very top and then delete "end" at the very bottom. Save the changes to the file.

4.) Then go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Input\A-10C

***__Ensure you are using the correct File path!!___***

5.) Copy and Paste the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB.lua" file you had saved to your desktop into the "joystick" folder.

6.) Start the game and go to "Options" and then choose the the "Controls" tab.

7.) Choose "A-10C Sim" from the "Layer" drop down menu.

8.) Verify that ALL the controls from the .lua file are correctly loaded and displayed in the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro" column (which they should be if you followed the above steps correctly). If the majority of the commands are highlighted in red, then go to the next step. If the commands are NOT highlighted, then you should be good to go.

9.) If any of them are highlighted in red, then that means you need to add joystick buttons 7-12 as modifiers. You will do this on the same screen by choosing "MODIFIERS" in the bottom left corner.

10.) Choose "ADD MODIFIER" in the "MODIFIERS PANEL".

11.) Select the Logitech joystick in the "Device Name" drop down menu of the "ADD MODIFIER" window.

12.) Press the "7" button on the joystick. Now you should see "JOY_BTN7" in both the "Select modifier button" and "Modifier button name" in the "ADD MODIFIER" window.

13.) Choose "OK" and then repeat steps 9 through 11 until all six of the joystick buttons (buttons 7-12 on the joystick) are added to the modifiers list.

The finished modifier list should look something like this (including the default modifiers):

JOY_BTN10

JOY_BTN11

JOY_BTN12

JOY_BTN7

JOY_BTN8

JOY_BTN9

LAlt

LCtrl

LShift

LWin

RAlt

RCtrl

RShift

RWin

14.) After you are sure you have ALL the modifiers added, then click "OK" in the "MODIFIERS PANEL" and the red highlight should disappear in the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro column. The joystick "should" now work the way the original poster intended (All the commands I have tried worked so far).

If anyone has a more "elegant" solution to the problem, then by all means please share for future reference. If not, then hopefully my method works correctly for the rest of you! :)

Edited by MedicineForFuel
I forgot to mention step 3 which is pretty important! Also, I added colors to help show what is critical!

Double check that you are doing the following:

1.) Ensure that you delete "function layout()" at the very top of the .lua file and then delete "end" at the very bottom of the .lua and make sure to SAVE the changes to the file. The software will load the default joystick settings every time if you do not do this!!

2.) Make sure that you named the file EXACTLY how I said to name it (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB with a ".lua" extension). Just copy and paste what I wrote to ensure you are using the correct case for the letters and spacing between the words.

3.) Make sure to paste the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB.lua" file in the "joystick" folder using the EXACT file path I suggested:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraf ts\A-10C\Input\A-10C

4.) Open the joystick folder to verify that you had in fact saved the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB.lua" file in the joystick folder before closing everything.

The only other thing that I think could "maybe" (I am not sure if this matters) cause problems if you had already made manual changes to the joystick settings and saved it which creates a "diff.lua" file for that joystick which can be found by using this file path which looks something like this: users\YOUR username\saved games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick\

If you have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro diff.lua file in the above path's joystick folder, then delete that file and then try running the game and checking to see if that works. Again, I have no idea if this will cause problems or not, but it will not hurt to delete the diff.lua file for that joystick.

Also, this will ONLY affect the A-10C SIM joystick settings. Ensure that you are selecting "A-10C Sim" from the "Layer" drop down menu when checking to see if the joystick settings are applied. The game defaults to the non-sim joystick controls which can mislead you into thinking that the controls are not correctly being loaded. Make sure that you are actually running the game in simulation mode or it will use the game mode joystick configuration when playing.

Anyway, I will be checking back later to see if you were able to get it working. Good Luck! :)

Edited by MedicineForFuel

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as maestro72x. I have followed all your steps to the word but it doesn't load anything. :(

EDIT: I got this working but only by deleting out the "default.lua" file already in the folder and then renaming the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB.lua" to "default.lua" if the game is open already then close and reopen- not the nicest of fixes but a temporary workaround for anyone wanting to use this.

Edited by Arora

• 4 months later...
I have the same problem as maestro72x. I have followed all your steps to the word but it doesn't load anything. :(

EDIT: I got this working but only by deleting out the "default.lua" file already in the folder and then renaming the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB.lua" to "default.lua" if the game is open already then close and reopen- not the nicest of fixes but a temporary workaround for anyone wanting to use this.

I just tried this and had to use this fix also.

Thanks to you all for the information!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anybody help out with this, I cannot figure out how to set this thing up for the life of me.

Have a read of the whole thread, pay close attention to these last few posts. Should be able to figure it out from there depending on your skill level of course.

• 9 months later...

I have battled with trying to use a setup very close to the one given here across multiple updates over time. I eventually decided to use AutoHotKey to work around the evolving LUA programming of this. My solution is a middle-ground between a "full up" joystick remapping package and the example script for joystick mapping as found for AutoHotKey's example scripts. I've aimed to keep it a little modular, so other other games can make use of the technique too.

This may help with some of the pain I hear in this and similar threads. Check it out at https://github.com/bradleydahl/Buttons2Keys

- Brad

• 1 month later...

Did something change in DCS 1.5/2.0 alpha?

Looking into the saved profile file DCS creates, and it looks like some formatting changed a bit in the newer DCS. I'm in the process of working in my changes for a Logitech Force 3D now, and I just gave up trying to import the .lua from this thread, even though I've had it working in the past. I figure I'll use the opportunity to create my own bindings for A10-C on Force 3D, since it looks like there's nothing available currently along the same lines. Noticed all profiles get saved to your-device-name.diff.lua now.

Also have a spare Force 3D if anyone is interested, it's better than Extreme 3D, though does take a little getting used to.

Looks like Brad has done a lot of work to get this working here, but I haven't installed yet...https://github.com/bradleydahl/Buttons2Keys

Edited by indiadamjones

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]