Single Player Content

rockaneado

Hi, Lately I'm getting bored with this game. Not because I'm burned out, I love this game, but because I've exhausted the campaigns and SP missions for my modules (M2000C, A10C, Hornet, Ka-50) and many user files on the DCS site.

I'm from India and the closest server I get is around 300-400 ping so online is out of the question for me. And I'm sure there are people like me from developing countries who aren't able to play online because of this. I've fooled around with the mission editor but there's no thrill when you know what enemy you've placed and where. I've not bought any new maps. Nevada looks like a training map. I'd get the Gulf map but again there are no campaigns currently available for it if I'm right.

Why don't ED get a few more like Baltic Dragon to build new campaigns every few months? That way we can spend $10-20 every month and keep busy. Buying a new module every couple of months is quite unaffordable for me.

I'd actually like ED to pull an EA games here and just keep churning out new campaigns and DLC regularly (I believe in ED's quality). I'll understand if I'm in the minority here and if people want ED to prioritize on other things. But anyone know if they're planning new single player stuff?

• ED Team

Hi,

ED are always creating content, it just takes time, a lot of work goes into campaign creation and I am sure we will see more in the future.

Have you also considered making some of your own missions?

I often create scenarios for myself or use the fast mission generator and edit the mission to my needs.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

scripted campaigns are temporary solutions.

we need a good dynamic campaign and better instant mission creator.

online servers become boring after a while. becasue most of them have no scenario. some random targets, that's it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You just can start using Mission Editor yourself.

Have you also considered making some of your own missions?

Thanks for sharing you thoughts:thumbup:. But just isn't fun when you've place all the assets and enemies yourself. Part of the fun in DCS is building situational awareness on BRA calls and surveying target area with your pods (I keep F10 for allies only).

we need a good dynamic campaign and better instant mission creator.

I heard about dynamic campaign but I think it will take at least a few years cuz the Falcon guys apparently had a horrid time building it. But that would be a dream come true. Also, I agree that a few more options to customize instant mission creator would certainly refresh things.

How about making missions regularly (eg once a week), let a few build up in a stockpile, then start playing from the oldest first?

Then you won't remember so clearly what is going to happen.

I believe there are also ways to build some randomness into missions, if you use that in combination with making several missions, it should keep things interesting for a while.

Hopefully the dynamic campaign will be out in not too long, but I doubt it will be this year.

I've fooled around with the mission editor but there's no thrill when you know what enemy you've placed and where.

I make my own missions, but I don't always know where the enemy is. The ME has tools to develop variation within a single mission, you just need to practice building missions in this way.

The simplest method is to make multiples copies of units and set one version to spawn randomly based on different conditions.

You can even make your mission goals random, for example not knowing where your target is until a random trigger selects one and tells you where to go.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I recommend Through the Inferno. It's dynamic enough (and customizable enough) that it should keep you busy for a little while.

I disagree with all the comments saying to make missions yourself. It takes an incredible amount of time and effort to get the mission to do something relatively simple, and the last thing I want to do when I come home from work is spend what little free time I have building missions instead of flying. Flying is a perishable skill. By the time I've gotten around to flying my missions, I've forgotten how to fly my jet. Not only that, but when I create the missions I know exactly what, when, and where things will happen, which is boring. Stockpiling missions for weeks doesn't help. I still remember exactly what happens in missions/campaigns that I've flown three years ago. It's simply not practical, or enjoyable.

I recommend Through the Inferno.

also look at Headquarters, beta2 should be here soon and looks to be awesome:

https://hq4dcs.com/

Thanks I've never heard of HQ4DCS, certainly worth checking. I hope through the inferno is not buggy as DCS missions tend to be.

You can even make your mission goals random, for example not knowing where your target is until a random trigger selects one and tells you where to go.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about:helpsmilie: I don't have such experience with the editor but I'm sure there are youtube guides on this.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about:helpsmilie: I don't have such experience with the editor but I'm sure there are youtube guides on this.

Actually, once you start to get the hang of it, editing a mission can be fun and engaging :) ... this is one of the nicest tutorials about it:

B6hEi-fVQbc

PmxpAvhQYmU

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I disagree with all the comments saying to make missions yourself. It takes an incredible amount of time and effort to get the mission to do something relatively simple, and the last thing I want to do when I come home from work is spend what little free time I have building missions instead of flying. Flying is a perishable skill. By the time I've gotten around to flying my missions, I've forgotten how to fly my jet. Not only that, but when I create the missions I know exactly what, when, and where things will happen, which is boring. Stockpiling missions for weeks doesn't help. I still remember exactly what happens in missions/campaigns that I've flown three years ago. It's simply not practical, or enjoyable.

This. 1000% this. It takes so long to just get a simple mission working correctly due to the bugs in the base game, let alone the modules.

I recommend Through the Inferno. It's dynamic enough (and customizable enough) that it should keep you busy for a little while.

I agree with you , that's why we are all waiting for the official Dynamic Campaign.

I also hope to see one day an ehnanced Mission Editor to make create mission quicker.

Complex missions take time. Simple missions shouldn't take long to make with practice, and this includes randomization. There is also the fast mission generator (I don't use it) but it can help in speeding up mission creation.

I don't mean to say that you're wrong in wanting to fly instead of toying with the ME, but with a little investment you should find a decent return from your efforts. I have not used any pre-existing content in Lock On/DCS in the past 10+ years.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking abouthelpsmilie.gif I don't have such experience with the editor but I'm sure there are youtube guides on this.

Rudel linked some guides that probably cover some of what I mean, but in the ME there is a menu for Trigger Conditions. Within it you can create triggers which can spawn a random enemy from a list for example. Your mission doesn't need to be the same every time.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

...not enough to do with them. All dressed up, but no party :)

Really? ... the aircrafts mentioned by the OP (M2000C, A10C, Hornet, Ka-50) have literally dozens of Missions on the User Files section of this Site, and most of them can be easily modified on the Editor, so that for example a M2000 mission can be flown by the Hornet and viceversa.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

also look at Headquarters, beta2 should be here soon and looks to be awesome:

https://hq4dcs.com/

+1 on hq4dcs

I’m eagerly awaiting the next version of this (man I hope there is another version...it’s been eerily quiet on the website)

I echo a lot of the comments of having limited desire (and time) for detailed mission editing.

what I can do however (and would recommend for those like me) - which isn’t terribly hard - Is use hq4dcs to generate a relatively simple mission with the flight configuration/objectives, etc I’m interested in...unfortunately there’s no carrier ops in the tool yet so I then open the newly saved mission up in the DCS ME, apply a reusable carrier group static template I created, move my flight to the carrier, Tweak the waypoints,save and I’m good to go...15 mins... and I’m new at this. I’ve had some pretty enjoyable missions especially considering I’ve only been playing for a few weeks and have learned a lot while not being overwhelmed with some of the super complicated downloadable missions available via the user files.

Having a version of hq4dcs which uses other maps (Its only Caucasus now) and offer t/o landing on carriers (right now only airfields) will alleviate a lot of ME editing even more...

Just another option to think about

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

https://akaagar.github.io/Headquarters4DCS/

Update on the website on the 21st :) Seems like the project is alive and well, and going open source as well so who knows what we will see.

I can't wait for the update personally, even beta 1 was such an improvement over the basic mission generator in DCS.

The dynamic campaign generator campaigns are also entertaining. Between developing skills, single missions, campaigns, hq4dcs and DCG there is plenty to do in single player. (Always happy for more, certainly I find doing a single player sortie much more engaging than hitting randomly spawned targets on a PvE server or playing air quake PvP)

Anyone know of any campaigns, or more single missions that are like the f18 single mission "Strike Fighter"? the audio com's are well done, would like to find more.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Anyone know of any campaigns, or more single missions that are like the f18 single mission "Strike Fighter"? the audio com's are well done, would like to find more.

If you have NTTR there is Red Flag Iron Hand by ED which is a blast, though not for beginners (if you go Rambo you will die, stick to your fragged tasks and times and keep your head screwed on).