Top Gun - 'Super' Hornet - BFM Competition

104th_Money

104th Phoenix

California, USA

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

So....do we have a bracket created yet?

How is this going to pan out? Multiple sessions at the same time, etc? If not, this is going to be a long while...

An update would be appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

The bracket is created at the event briefing before the competition starts to avoid people being matched against clients who have not shown up.

There will be multiple matches going on simultaneously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Here is the page with Teamspeak info.

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/269-104th-phoenix-teamspeak3-server-details/

Regarding other questions above about the competition.

When they previously had the F14 dogfight competition then it was on the Caucasus map, and there was 4 dogfights at a time, far appart from each other.

The person who stream the event live, then sit and change inbetween the individual dogfights and comment as it goes on.

And behind the scene i imagine there will be someone who are responsible for telling who have to fight who, and what teamspeak channel they should jump to and so on. ;-)

Here is the page with Teamspeak info.

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/269-104th-phoenix-teamspeak3-server-details/

Regarding other questions above about the competition.

When they previously had the F14 dogfight competition then it was on the Caucasus map, and there was 4 dogfights at a time, far appart from each other.

The person who stream the event live, then sit and change inbetween the individual dogfights and comment as it goes on.

And behind the scene i imagine there will be someone who are responsible for telling who have to fight who, and what teamspeak channel they should jump to and so on. ;-)

we are going to be there so all will go smoothly.

Teamspeak Address: ts50.gameservers.com:9132

password: phoenix

ROSTER UPDATED

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SAbWGOnsaB58nOmSnE_l3nWP_W4AVvSm

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Good fight Charly.

Thanks for hosting guys.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

I got absolutely wrecked by hassey. Everything went totally wrong, starting with someone disturbing me, finishing on bad plane managment. Next time I'm gonna lock myself in my room, and tell everyone to not disturb. Anyways, hassey won, congrats to him :). I'm looking forward to, hopefully, next tournament.

Edited by =OPS=Slider1709

copy paste... Thanks for the turnament, hosting and thanks to the sponsor as well ;-)

And nice stream and comments as well.

I think it was great there was a dedicated person to keep track of people and tell us in what slot to go and who to fight it worked really well.

You where kind to jump in and give us password and even start the match and count down if we dident already do it our self.

The "internal" document about who should fight who next time was really good.

Using zulu time was a good choice, I think almost everybody show up at the right time. Maybe it would be good if you used one of the Online countdown clocks as well, then nobody will be comfused about zulue time or time zones in general. ;-)

( maybe debate this ) Maybe it would be good if planes had less fuel and it was forbidden to dump fuel. That way the match will be shorter so the live stream do not have to watch two people flying in a circle for 10 minutes.

What you in my case could not see is that the opponment dumped fuel for a long time before the stream start and then i push him waiting for him to run out ;-) Unfortunatly this happen when you look at me and my apponment in the stream, the previous fights had actual been really good and interesting and shorter. In general i think the fights where more interesting to fight than how it look on the stream ( in my case ) ;-)

Small suggestion..: Maybe it would be a good idea if the passwords used in the competition is more easy to remember and spell. THere are people from all over the world with different english ability and computer skill.. Maybe use simple passwords such as house1224 cat556 dog991 ;-)

I know its not good passwords but since the password only are live for 2-3 houres then i think its okay.

- no need to debate here, but think about it for future events.

Anyway thank you and everyone who where part of it both the host and the people who dared to risk their life and plane being part of the event ;-)