binding for <enter> key not working in F-18 reliably

I have a button on my Combatstick bound to the Throttle Designator -- Depress (sorry if name is inaccurate) function for F-18, which has the default key binding of <enter>.

When I need to hold this down to slew around the Maverick target, or most of the time when I want to lock something up, this does not work.

In the control settings, pressing the button correctly selects the right row in the settings, so it is working. I also bound a button on my CH Pro Throttle to the same function, with the same results (works in settings, does not work in-game.)

This sounds to me like it "fluttering" maybe? Perhaps it is sending pulses of the key instead of holding it down long enough? Just guessing here in case that rings a bell for someone.

I have not done much testing or investigation, because I thought maybe someone knows this is a known thing with an easy fix. If I don't hear anything, I will see if other keys or other airplanes that have a "hold down this key" function behave the same. After that, I will start changing hardware.

[edit: I should have mentioned all my other bindings work fine, including ones with modifiers, analog mini stick, etc.]

Edited by derammo

I have bound a button on my joystick to the TDC Depress function and it has always worked fine. However, I have not tried this after the Wednesday update, and I'm away from home so I cannot re-check right now.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5