FULL LEFT RUDDER when entering A-10C + more

For some weird reason my DCS World V2.5 (A-10C) has started acting up! As soon as I enter the cockpit I find that FULL LEFT RUDDER is applied despite the fact that NO AXIS is applied to the HOTAS.

I have a CH PRODUCTS FighterStick USB & PRO THROTTLE USB.

The HOTAS calibrates perfectly in Windows10 and when I go to the CONTROLS SETTINGS of DCS, I am able to assign axis and button bindings as usual.

BUT as soon as I get into the cockpit, full left rudder is engaged and the Z-AXIS on my FighterStick acts as throttle even though nothing is assigned!! NONE of the buttons do anything. I escape back to the CONTROLS SCREEN and everything seems fine but nothing works in-game.

Needless to say, the HOTAS works fine in all other flightsims.

WHAT's GOING ON???

Thanks for any help. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, calibrated, pulled some hair out, screamed and I'm now getting close to tears. EVEN IF I REMOVE ALL CATEGORIES IN THE HOTAS, the same things happen in-game!

sounds a bit like you didnt switch to and deconflict the axis bindings, which are separate from 'all'

also make sure you're editing 'a-10 real' controls and not 'a-10 game'

i own ch fighterstick and throttle as well, i can assure you its not the hardware

Edited by probad

Definitely sounds like a controller conflict.

Also double check that no other axes/devices are bound to yaw and thrust.

If all else fails, you could try to delete your Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input folder (or rather: rename it, restart DCS, and if it doesn't help at all, rename it back) in order to start the button and axis assignments from scratch.

Also double check whether you have Gameplay -> Game Flight Mode checked in settings; this mode uses its own set of controller settings. If it's checked, you need to map all axes for "A-10C Game", and if it's not checked, then it's "A-10C Sim".

Just renamed the Input Folder and ran the sim. When I went into the CONTROLLER settings, the old assignments were there for the HOTAS.

And sure enough, full left rudder was applied when I got into the cockpit. Driving me nuts!!

Found another "Input" folder under SCRIPTS. Tried renaming that and the sim won't go beyond 10% loading, so I put it back.

Inside that folder though, I noticed some odd characters in some of the CFG files. One of them was related to AXES and part of it had these odd characters. Is that right???

"InputUtils.getLocalizedInputEventName(axis, deviceName)

local item = ListBoxItem.new(localizedAxisName)

item.axis = axis

self.comboListAxes_:insertItem(item)

end

end

local function createFilterData(filter)

filter = filter or {}

local result = InputData.createAxisFilter(filter)

-- äëÿ ðåäàêòèðîâàíèÿ íóæíî õðàíèòü êàê çíà÷åíèÿ curvature(1 ÷èñëî),

-- òàê è çíà÷åíèÿ äëÿ êîíòðîëüíûõ òî÷åê(userCurvatureSize ÷èñåë)

-- â filter curvature õðàíèòñÿ â âèäå òàáëèöû ñ îäíèì èëè userCurvatureSize êîëè÷åñòâîì ÷èñåë

local userCurvature = U.copyTable(nil, filter.curvature or {0})

local isUserCurve = (#userCurvature == userCurvatureSize)"

Huh, that's really really weird. Beginning to run out of ideas here. :(

Inside that folder though, I noticed some odd characters in some of the CFG files. One of them was related to AXES and part of it had these odd characters. Is that right???

The lines in bold font were prepended by two dashes; in Lua (and some other languages) that starts a comment, and everything that follows will be ignored by the scripting language or by the interpreter. It's probably a comment written in Cyrillic, and should not matter at all.

A few more ideas:

When you assign an axis in the Controls setup, there should be an indicator showing the current axis deflection. Does that already show/indicate the full rudder and throttle deflections?

In-game, you can show a controls indicator with RCTL+Enter. I'm guessing that'll show the controller deflection, but in any case it may help you narrow down the source of the problem.

Do you run any particular software for your CH setup that could potentially modify the device output based on which programs are running, i.e. could your CH software detect DCS and apply a specific profile?

Hi Yurgon. I don't run any CH software at all - I just let Windows control the hotas and it's always worked up until a few days ago when this started. It's definitely not a controller issue - I strongly believe it's a DCS issue.

When in the DCS SETTINGS/CONTROLLERS area, I can see the axes assignments and yes there's an indicator for each which moves left and right when I move the relevant controller.

Driving me potty! :-D

Do you mind posting some screenshots of your DCS controller settings?

It seems logically impossible for an axis (your Z axis) to act as a throttle without being assigned as a throttle.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

From what I read here I have the feeling that MadDog has not removed the default bindings that are created when you add or change game controllers.

You need to go into Options/Controls, select the category "Axis Commands" and remove the duplicated bindings for pitch, roll, rudder etc

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

This is what I'm thinking too. This behaviour is typical for having multiple input devices and forgetting to clear unused axes on unused devices.

ED could solve this by getting rid of the standard axes bindings and keeping them blank by default.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Thankfully, someone gave me the fix! It was to DELETE the C:\Users\Saved Games\DCS folder. This is not the game-folder. It's just where the saved games are stored, so it's safe to delete.

Well actually I renamed it instead. BINGO! All okay again.