Jsow - 8 bombs - 8 targets - Help required

Goa

Hi all,

I read all the threads and posts on the subject but I cant really figure out how to hit 8 targets with 8 jsow

I set PP1 for the first 4 targets by inputing coordinates starting from station 8 then station 2 -> station 7 -> station 3

then i set PP2 for the remaining 4 targets , again starting from station 8-> station->2 ---> station 7 - > station 3

Then in flight i selected PP1 , and start pickle from station 8 , when i fired up the firts 4 missiles i switched to PP2 and picke the remaining 4 missiles.

Then I've observed the missile impact but only hit 4 targets as the missiles fired from PP2 hit the targets inserted for PP1...

I am bit confues on how am I supposed to hit 8 targets.

P.S. : the 8 targets had 8 differents coordinates of course.

:pilotfly::cry::cry::cry:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

PP selection is per station now. You need to select PP2 after every station change.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The setting for PP1/PP2 is remembered for each station, so:

1. When entering coordinates for the second group of 4, did you select PP2 EACH TIME you stepped to a new station?

2. Then before launching, did you cycle through each station and set them all back to PP1?

3. When launching the second group, did you select PP2 before EACH pickle?

It's kind of fiddly. I would guess your problem is one of those.

PP selection is per station now. You need to select PP2 after every station change.

Thanks for your last

so what is the correct sequence for inputing PP1 and PP2 and what is the correct pickel sequence?

this is driving me crazy:mad::doh:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

The setting for PP1/PP2 is remembered for each station, so:

1. When entering coordinates for the second group of 4, did you select PP2 EACH TIME you stepped to a new station?

2. Then before launching, did you cycle through each station and set them all back to PP1?

3. When launching the second group, did you select PP2 before EACH pickle?

It's kind of fiddly. I would guess your problem is one of those.

I select PP1 starting from station 8 untill i entered the first 4 targets coordinates, then i press osb button for PP2 again starting from station 8 for the remaining 4 targets.

As for weapon deplyoment : how do I set all station "back" in PP1 ?

I also read in another thread that I have to SET all station on PP1 but how do I do that?

In my experience, you have to step back to PP1 manually for all stations

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

As for weapon deplyoment : how do I set all station "back" in PP1 ?

I also read in another thread that I have to SET all station on PP1 but how do I do that?

After entering all coordinates, cycle through all stations selecting PP1 for each.

Then launch the first 4 just by using weapon release 4 times, it will cycle through each station automatically (and all will be on PP1 since you set that first).

After firing 4, you will be back on the first station again (usually 8) with PP1 selected.

So for the second 4, you will need to select PP2 before each release.

Edited by Py
disable smilies

I type slooooow and I got tired of sitting on the ramp and typing, wearing crappy Rift. I can understand a situation where something comes up during a mission and I get a 10 digit grid or lat/lon from someone for ONE target at a time... that's fine. Until we get the full functionality of PP weapons in ME (a card/cartridge) more data link functions, other desig. methods... I'm sticking to waypoint designation if I have to launch 8 missiles.:)

Edited by Gripes323
typo

Have you tried TOO mode? Yes it’s slightly slower for the first four bombs, but it’s 100 times easier (imo) to input as waypoints and use TOO.

Just make sure you change your HSI input to DDMMssss instead of the default DDMMmmmm.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After entering all coordinates, cycle through all stations selecting PP1 for each.

Then launch the first 4 just by using weapon release 4 times, it will cycle through each station automatically (and all will be on PP1 since you set that first).

After firing 4, you will be back on the first station again (usually 8) with PP1 selected.

So for the second 4, you will need to select PP2 before each release.

Thanks for the info. Seems odd at first that the next 4 bombs do not lock in their coords when programmed under PP2 in that they could adopt PP1 coords if PP1 was being selected. Kind of defeats the purpose of programming under PP2. But then again, perhaps it's designed this way (?) to allow the next 4 to still hit PP1 targets if the first 4 missed or did not destroy their targets for some reason. Gives the pilot some flexibility.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

IIRC they are adding a substation program so will be able to have a separate program for each JDAM/JSOW even when carrying eight. Will be great for double ugly load outs as well.

Remember in particular for the JSOW the firing aircraft will be at stand-off ranges so may well have egressed before impact occurs.

Sooo you cannot use waypoints to select multiple targets, you can only do it by manually adding coordinates?

You can, just needs you to click some OSB buttons in between drops, so less fluid. I've bound the advance waypoint button and the WPDSG button to my HOTAS to make things easier. To do a multiple drop you then just make 8 consecutive waypoints for the targets, select the first target waypoint, press WPDSG and press pickle. Then as quick as you can you just press 1) advance waypoint, 2) WPDSG, 3) pickle, and repeat that for every waypoint/target you've got left. Takes maybe 1 or 2 seconds longer than doing it with PP mode, but you can just set the targets in the mission editor, so a lot quicker that way.