[RESOLVED] LANTIRN Area and point track not working

Tyrant07

Just did a 4 player (2 pilots and 2 RIO's) Iran reactor strike mission and neither aircraft could get the LANTIRN area track or point track to work.

Tried both A/A and A/G Mode. Same issue

Double checked bindings (they were fine)

powered off and on again (LOL) still doesn't work.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

Edited by IronMike

I was in a mp session yesterday, but not Iran reactor strike mission (don't know if that is a special mission). We were flying on the PG though.

I had point track and area track working.

It turned out though it only works unter certain conditions:

Only at decent angles, it felt like 8 to 4 o'clock and well away from masking.

area track started to work for me at about 15-20nm distance and laser had to be on.

Point track only worked in WHOT mode, sadly because the contrast is way better in BHOT mode.

In short: You need clear weather conditions to be able to track. If dust or fog is enabled in the mission editor (no matter how heavy), the pod can't track.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Check visibility (weather condition) or your distance from TARGET. Too low (visibility) or too high (distance) and you cant lock target.

LANTIRN seems to work fine.

My Specs:

Win 11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D @ 4,2GHz, 64 GB, Radeon RX7900 XTX, 500GB + 2000GB SSD

Strange. I did the same thing. Found it to be only that mission causing a issue with the targeting pod. Could not set area or point track mode.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Strange. I did the same thing. Found it to be only that mission causing a issue with the targeting pod. Could not set area or point track mode.

The mission probably had fog or dust enabled.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg