Have Glass V 148FW by PorcoRosso86

PorcoRosso86

Hey Porco!

I love this skin, Really great job with it!

It would be really cool to see a version of this as 91-0405.

"405" seems to have much more prominant/bright gray markings ontop of the Have Glass base colour which to my eyes look much better, I like the contrast. ;).

65502_1569348262.jpg

Or even a Gray radome Jet such as 91-0391

23389620969_9c80289bc0_3k.jpg

15151731709_8c09150a7d_o.jpg

Anyway, just suggestions, I'm loving fly the skin as is, but since you've already done a lot of the hard work with the tail graphic and the Have Glass roughmets it would be cool to see these variations. :D

Great Job!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Awesome skin - love it!

As a side note, I didn't know what "Have Glass" was, so I found a little tidbit about it:

"Have Glass is the code name for a series of RCS reduction measures for the F-16 fighter. Its primary aspect is the addition of an indium-tin-oxide layer to the gold tinted cockpit canopy. This is reflective to radar frequencies, while it may seem odd, adding a radar reflective coating actually reduces the plane's visibility to radar. An ordinary canopy would let radar signals straight through where they would strike the many edges and corners inside and bounce back strongly to the source, the reflective layer dissipates these signals instead. Overall, Have Glass reduces an F-16's RCS (radar-cross section) by some 15 percent."

Source

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Superb work!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I'm glad you've altered/corrected the rough met layer.

I know ED's F16 texture is not final and I also hope the artist will try to get an overall rendering closer to the real thing as it tends to be too shiny in the current state.

(even if this one is specifically made for the Have Glass tech)

Also thanks to rrohde for showing me this thread ;)

Beautiful livery @PorcoRosso86!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I’m new to this. How do I go about installing this after download?

After the downloading extract the folder and put it on C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\F-16C_50

If the folder "Liveries" and "F-16C_50" doesn't exist create them

Hey Porco!

I love this skin, Really great job with it!

It would be really cool to see a version of this as 91-0405.

"405" seems to have much more prominant/bright gray markings ontop of the Have Glass base colour which to my eyes look much better, I like the contrast. ;).

65502_1569348262.jpg

Or even a Gray radome Jet such as 91-0391

23389620969_9c80289bc0_3k.jpg

15151731709_8c09150a7d_o.jpg

Anyway, just suggestions, I'm loving fly the skin as is, but since you've already done a lot of the hard work with the tail graphic and the Have Glass roughmets it would be cool to see these variations. :D

Great Job!

That's a great idea; I'll do for sure ( when I've a bit of free time!

Superb work!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I'm glad you've altered/corrected the rough met layer.

I know ED's F16 texture is not final and I also hope the artist will try to get an overall rendering closer to the real thing as it tends to be too shiny in the current state.

(even if this one is specifically made for the Have Glass tech)

Also thanks to rrohde for showing me this thread ;)

Beautiful livery @PorcoRosso86!

Thanks a lot dude! I tried to do my best to doing an effect as close the real life as possible

Awesome skin - love it!

As a side note, I didn't know what "Have Glass" was, so I found a little tidbit about it:

"Have Glass is the code name for a series of RCS reduction measures for the F-16 fighter. Its primary aspect is the addition of an indium-tin-oxide layer to the gold tinted cockpit canopy. This is reflective to radar frequencies, while it may seem odd, adding a radar reflective coating actually reduces the plane's visibility to radar. An ordinary canopy would let radar signals straight through where they would strike the many edges and corners inside and bounce back strongly to the source, the reflective layer dissipates these signals instead. Overall, Have Glass reduces an F-16's RCS (radar-cross section) by some 15 percent."

Source

Thanks for the info dude!

I've found the same (but maybe complete) explanation here. The pic from near is truly amazing!

Edited by PorcoRosso86

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

That's a great idea; I'll do for sure ( when I've a bit of free time

Awesome :D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 month later...

Looking great PR!

Any chance of seeing versions of those other two aircraft (91-0391 and 91-0405) at some point? Would be great to see some more variations based on this great scheme.

Proud owner of:

• 3 months later...

Update to include or suppress Bort # features added by ED today?

Porcorosso86, beautiful work. Today's ED update added bort #'s. Will you be updating the Have Glass skin to either incorporate or suppress that feature, so we can continue using it?

Appreciate your time and talent!