MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion

LCUChap2016

3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Be aware my posting is not meant to be a complaint against anything. I just feel full fidelity on non allied aircraft is lacking 

Well, when the powers that control the data for those aircraft, say no.. then it's out of ED's hands.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I would like to hear ED comment on the progress or dropping development completely on MAC.  FFDCS becomes too involved and requires constant tweaking

to run.  It becomes to tiresome to fly FF type study sims.  I do enjoy it for brief times but find myself changing to other type sims.  I do find when the desire

to run DCS comes, I mostly fly FC3. I use VR which is better in FC3.  But still wonder if ED is going to finish MAC?

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 5:10 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

We all do. Sadly the circumstances won't allow that to change any time soon (with the exception of the upcoming MiG-29 - so at least we have that).

And apparently a Su-17 (or a couple, I wasn't ever sure about that) somewhere out there might be coming either. Not a lot, but nice to finally have something, plus MiG-23 of course. Slowly we are getting some things in the end.

PS: forgot about MiG-17, and once Corsair is released the MiG-21 revamp that we all hope will come with some extra version/s 🤔

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 3:00 PM, LuseKofte said:

Be aware my posting is not meant to be a complaint against anything. I just feel full fidelity on non allied aircraft is lacking 

ED and 3rd party on progress modules and planned:

• ED has working on a Mig-29A Fulcrum FF module and more soviet aircrafts will coming later (ED has talked about a Su-25 A?/Su-27P on a future time).
  • Deka has working on a J-8B PP FF
  • Crosstail Studios team, a member has "plans" to build a Su-17M FF.
  • Magnitude-3 has plans to rebuild the Mig-21Bis FF
  • Octopus-G has on finals to build a La-7 FF, and has show plans to make a So-2 FF and a Su-22M FF modules on the future.
  • RAZBAM has building a Mig-23MLA FF
  • Red Storm has building a Mig-17F FF

Actual "Red Side":

• ED Ka-50-3 / L-39C/ZA / Mig-15Bis / Mi-8MTv2 / Mi-24P / Yak-52  FF / Mig-29A/S/G / Su-25A/T / Su-27P / Su-33 FC-3
  • Deka JF-17 FF / J-11A FC-3
  • Magnitude-3 Mig-21Bis FF
  • Octopus-G I-16 Type 24 FF
  • RAZBAM Mig-19P FF

The "Lacking" has relative.

1 hour ago, kotor633 said:

I think this video fits in here quite well:

Personally, I find some of his statements quite logical and correct.

That video was talked some time ago and the "Enigma" stament has none sense.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1