MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 12:26 PM   #111
Kid18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCylon View Post
Noticed that F-5E Tiger II & L-39ZA is part of the 14 planes on the list. Is this the full fidelity version that sold separately on the Store?
All the flyables included in MAC will be the current standalone modules "downgraded" to a "Flaming Cliffs" level, so no clickable pits and limited / easier systems implementations controlled via keyboard shortcuts AFAIK

Simming since 2005
My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Gaming, Corsair HX850
Kid18120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #112
LCUChap2016

Any news or recent updates? I'm really excited to pick up this title. I want to get back into flight simulation and I just don't have the time to devote to DCS because of graduate school. MAC is going to fit me fine.
LCUChap2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #113
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCUChap2016 View Post
Any news or recent updates? I'm really excited to pick up this title. I want to get back into flight simulation and I just don't have the time to devote to DCS because of graduate school. MAC is going to fit me fine.
We hope to have news to share soon, work is going well, as soon as we can update you all we will post in the weekly news letter.

MAC will be perfect for you if you are busy.

Thank you.
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, VIVE Cosmos

BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:03 AM   #114
TaxDollarsAtWork

Will MAC have joystick support or will it be purely mouse + KB only?
Will the J-11A remain in DCS or will it be removed upon launching MAC
TaxDollarsAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #115
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxDollarsAtWork View Post
Will MAC have joystick support or will it be purely mouse + KB only?
Of course it will support joystick and similar hw.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:16 AM   #116
Lenux

Will all those aircrafts have improved / better / cockpit textures / details / FM ???
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...7h46rh0vk.html
Old 11-11-2019, 06:07 AM   #117
NineLine
Community Manager

FMs should all be PFMs now I think, not sure if any plans to redo cockpit textures are planned right now.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:38 PM   #118
Avimimus

I'm kindof hoping that this will open the way for a few additional aircraft - particularly as they'll be a bit faster/cheaper to model and the lower fidelity modelling of systems means that some newer aircraft might appear.

That said, I'd like to see this have the option of compatibility with DCS... and I'd like to see incremental improvements in sensor modelling (e.g. acquisition problems) still make their way into it even if the avionics are simpler... It'd be nice to know more.
Avimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:55 PM   #119
LCUChap2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
We hope to have news to share soon, work is going well, as soon as we can update you all we will post in the weekly news letter.

MAC will be perfect for you if you are busy.

Thank you.
And thank you for responding. Can't wait to see what tricks you guys have up your sleeves. Modern Air Combat will be a day one purchase for me.
LCUChap2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:23 AM   #120
blitze

It will be interesting too see what work has been done on the existing FC aircraft. I dipped my ties into DCS by purchasing FC3 not because of "easy" modelling but because of the aircraft it had on offer.

I would hope that the Su27 gets some update love as it is looking a bit out of place compared to the other cockpits there. Also would hope, that even though it is not a study based "Sim", the aircraft represented have the same flight models, and avionics modelling as their more detailed clickable cockpit brethren.

I'm getting into DCS for the Jets but like the simplified approach. There is still a ton to learn with the avionics, flight handling and so on. Not to mention being a VR pilot, I am in a process of trying to map my X52 Pro with as close to possible across the board mappings so that it is easier to jump from one aircraft to another.

Pity View Centering (button 5) does not seem to be mapable as it is quite needed when my headset suffers from gyro drift.

Anyway, DCS is performing quite well and MAC looks like a purchase from me too. BAck to learning LOL.
blitze is offline   Reply With Quote