MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion - Page 19 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #181
Gierasimov

Lightbulb It is being worked on

Quote:
Originally Posted by matis669 View Post
Any...any new's about Mac ?
Kate Perederko - ED COO said that MAC is in the active development phase with "Mid term" classification.

She also explained that classification:

Quote:
Mid Term - we have a firm list of tasks and we trust that it might be delivered in less than 9 months.
In short... it is coming.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:41 AM   #182
matis669

This is OK-ish but how about what bissnes plan game it will be ?
Like War Thunder = Grindy, "free to play" prem acc needed for top tier
Like Ace Combat = Buy to play
Still not anwsered ?
matis669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:10 AM   #183
Flogger23m

I am certainly interested in this, but really all I want is more modern FC3 style aircraft. FC3 style F-18, F-16 and the like. I want the advanced flight model, just the simpler avionics like those found in the F-15C.

The idea that this is a separate game means it will likely lag behind with updates, if it gets any. Seems like ED would spread themselves thin and MAC would end up as is, with whatever bugs and content it came with.

And I don't really want simpler than FC3 level planes; I simply want more of them. Any other shortcomings of MAC are also shortcomings of DCS. Game engine related issues, server shortcomings and the like. Point being, I'd rather just have another FC type module. Otherwise it seems like ED would have to reinvent the wheel for both products.

Looking forward to seeing what information comes this year, but I think ED is making things more complicated than it should be by making an entirely separate product.
Flogger23m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:11 AM   #184
matis669

If Mac will be Similar this game Warthunder + Modern jet's Im insta preordering it

Just imagine this game with DCS world graphic ♥

https://youtu.be/G-jm7ClLf68
Old 06-14-2020, 07:20 AM   #185
matis669

So we allready have June and still nothing :/
Old 06-29-2020, 04:51 AM   #186
Nipil

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but will it be possible to see modern jets, especially red ones, like Su-30 or MiG-29SMT flyable in MAC? Since it's not as detailed as DCS, I still entertain my hope for red multirole staff.
Nipil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #187
Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Grem Reapers interview to Simon, ED member about DCS.
WHAT??? (sorry)

I'm a bit confused now about what MAC will be.

Simon (who is Global Business Development Director @ED) claims @about 1:54:00 that MAC is not a stand alone product but we shall fly it in DCS and it will replace FC3, if I understood that correctly. Did I miss something big?

great interview btw. thanks a lot Simon and Grim Reapers!
Tom Kazansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #188
Max1mus

Exclamation Modern russian fighter in MAC?

Is there a possibility of a MAC level modern russian aircraft, since the chance of a full fidelity one has been outruled?
In the current DCS environment, to provide any sort of fight for the new generation of NATO modules in the sim, the Su-27SM is the absolute minimum. To even the field, an early Su-30MKI or a Su-27SM3 with R-77-1 (while that missile is quite modern, im sure that with the CFD methods used to make the AIM-120 models, its not impossible) is needed. The latter 2 have been used in Syria and would provide an excellent addition for the upcoming map. The bottom line is that the russian fighters in DCS (unlike years ago against an equally unmodern F-15) are no longer adequate for a game that labels itself as trying to recreate reality, here is why:

As far as air combat goes, there is little point to fly as redfor in this simulator at the moment, even with the weapons restricted to the 1990s, since that does not fix the avionics edge of a mid 2000s version of a fighter over a mid 80s one.
The multiplayer servers consist to 90% of F-16/JF vs F-18/F-14, which is not really immersive either. A big part of that is simply the unviability of the soviet FC3 aircraft compared to about 2 years ago.

The issue doesnt disappear in singleplayer, where you cannot fight the modern counterparts of mid 2000s F-16/18 (thus either having to restrict missiles or create an unchallenging turkey shoot that barely requires tactics). On top of that, the AI in their 80s soviet aircraft does not use anything remotely close to correct tactics to achieve their goal, even when set to excellent skill level. Although a part of that issue is that they have not been updated to defend the new missiles (and will thus under respect them and die to very long, turn signaling shots).

This will all get even worse with the Eurofighter and F-15E coming out. A MAC version of a modern flanker variant is absolutely necessairy to give these planes time frame accurate opposition.

A clear yes or no answer would help me personally in deciding if i want to spend money on the Syria map.

Last edited by Max1mus; 08-03-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Max1mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #189
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
WHAT??? (sorry)

I'm a bit confused now about what MAC will be.
I think we're all confused here about what MAC will actually be and how it will work. Even Simon didn't sound too sure when he talked about MAC.

I guess we will just have to wait untill official news that will clearify all those questions.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #190
Snappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1mus View Post
Is there a possibility of a MAC level modern russian aircraft, since the chance of a full fidelity one has been outruled?
In the current DCS environment, to provide any sort of fight for the new generation of NATO modules in the sim, the Su-27SM is the absolute minimum. To even the field, an early Su-30MKI or a Su-27SM3 with R-77-1 (while that missile is quite modern, im sure that with the CFD methods used to make the AIM-120 models, its not impossible) is needed. The latter 2 have been used in Syria and would provide an excellent addition for the upcoming map. The bottom line is that the russian fighters in DCS (unlike years ago against an equally unmodern F-15) are no longer adequate for a game that labels itself as trying to recreate reality, here is why:

As far as air combat goes, there is little point to fly as redfor in this simulator at the moment, even with the weapons restricted to the 1990s, since that does not fix the avionics edge of a mid 2000s version of a fighter over a mid 80s one.
The multiplayer servers consist to 90% of F-16/JF vs F-18/F-14, which is not really immersive either. A big part of that is simply the unviability of the soviet FC3 aircraft compared to about 2 years ago.

The issue doesnt disappear in singleplayer, where you cannot fight the modern counterparts of mid 2000s F-16/18 (thus either having to restrict missiles or create an unchallenging turkey shoot that barely requires tactics). On top of that, the AI in their 80s soviet aircraft does not use anything remotely close to correct tactics to achieve their goal, even when set to excellent skill level. Although a part of that issue is that they have not been updated to defend the new missiles (and will thus under respect them and die to very long, turn signaling shots).

This will all get even worse with the Eurofighter and F-15E coming out. A MAC version of a modern flanker variant is absolutely necessairy to give these planes time frame accurate opposition.

A clear yes or no answer would help me personally in deciding if i want to spend money on the Syria map.
If you ask me, that is highly unlikely, besides of course the existing versions of the Su-27/33/ Mig 29.

Also referring to the Interview.If they really want to target part of the Il-2 crowd with MAC, well good luck with that.
DCS has so many issues right now, VR performance, multiplayer netcode issues and lag , unit visual rendering , A.I. and their flight models, weather, amongst many others I really fail to see, what would be attractive (besides the "modern" setting) to that target crowd to make it able compete with Il-2.

But lets see.

Regards,

Snappy
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote