iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #151
tommytank

Maybe your wifi? I had a lot of trouble with glitching playing Zombie gunship on my ipad via Apple TV, until I moved my Wifi router to a better location.
tommytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #152
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer_QLD View Post
I use two iPads in A10, one for Startup, radios and MFD views, the other exclusively For the CDU in portrait mode.
I often have the CDU panel freeze up and have to swipe to a previous screen and back to get it to refresh. it seems to still input key presses to the game but the CDU display on the iPad does not update until I Swipe to another screen and return
The other annoying bug is when I switch my left hand ipad from radio page to MFD, the iPad sometimes does an orientation change and the MFD or Radio page is inverted?
Not sure what is causing this as the iPad is not moved during the swipe up or down?
I've seen the orientation thing every now and again but I can't reproduce it on demand so I don't really know what to do to fix it.

I'll try to look into the CDU freezing. There's a lot of magic going on in the background to try and keep things as fast and light as possible to get the best transfer/frame rate, in some cases at the expense of stability. Do you have the same problem with the MFDs?

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news
boarder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #153
boarder2

Just released a server update that will fix the script installer for those of you who have relocated your Saved Games directory.

You won't have to manually copy scripts any more!

Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #154
tagge

Does this work with SU-27?

- "Upside-down shuttlecock of death" SU-27 as described by Sgt Baker
tagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:05 AM   #155
Boomer_QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder2 View Post
I've seen the orientation thing every now and again but I can't reproduce it on demand so I don't really know what to do to fix it.

I'll try to look into the CDU freezing. There's a lot of magic going on in the background to try and keep things as fast and light as possible to get the best transfer/frame rate, in some cases at the expense of stability. Do you have the same problem with the MFDs?
Hi Boarder
I have not noticed the MFDS do it but have seen the radio page and fault panel lock up and need a switch back and forth to the MFD page to solve it
The orientation change when switching from radio page to MFD is now highly reproducible for me.
Still love the app but would like to solve these bugs.
Cheers.
Boomer_QLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM   #156
HuggyBear

Is there a way to have just the UFC?

I know there will be wasted space but I have the TM MFDs and would like the UFC as large as possible.

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein
HuggyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:10 AM   #157
tintifaxl

What new features are planned next for the android version?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #158
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer_QLD View Post
The orientation change when switching from radio page to MFD is now highly reproducible for me.
I've found and fixed the orientation problem. It will be resolved in the next release (early next year, I hope). I'll see if I can narrow anything down on the inconsistencies with the CDU as well.

For the time being, if you leave the iPad oriented so that the home button is on the right side, it should behave normally. The problem occurs when the home button is on the left.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #159
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
Is there a way to have just the UFC?
There's no way to do custom layouts at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
What new features are planned next for the android version?
I hope to get all the functionality of the iPad app into the Android app eventually. You'll be able to perform a cold ramp start from the device. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA as I haven't gotten dials or switches working in Android yet and I have been incredibly busy with work and life lately! Hopefully things will calm down early next year and I can start getting some things added within a few months from then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagge View Post
Does this work with SU-27?
A-10C is the only aircraft currently supported.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #160
Boomer_QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder2 View Post
I've found and fixed the orientation problem. It will be resolved in the next release (early next year, I hope). I'll see if I can narrow anything down on the inconsistencies with the CDU as well.

For the time being, if you leave the iPad oriented so that the home button is on the right side, it should behave normally. The problem occurs when the home button is on the left.
Hi border2
That is awesome!
Because of the cockpit setup I have, and the need to power the iPads, I have the iPad I use for MFD's and radio page with Home button on the left, which is why I'm seeing the orientation changes regularly I guess..
Great that there is a fix in the works
Thanks again.
Boomer_QLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdu, icontrol dcs, ipad, mfcd, touch