Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

2 minutes ago, Rongor said:

Engine crank switch has left and right but not off. Off is needed in case you do the cold start by the book. So engine crank switch off position please.

Does it not automatically switch back to off once the engine catches (either side)? What is the "by the book" need for a manual option?

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Despayre said:

Does it not automatically switch back to off once the engine catches (either side)? What is the "by the book" need for a manual option?

It does but by the book is here:

https://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/procedures.html

Check #13 of Engine start

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 11:17 PM, Dentedend10 said:

Yep, engine crank to neutral would be needed! Thanks

I just noticed, that for the right engine, after selection, if you left-click, it goes to Neutral.

For the left engine, after selection, if you right-click, it goes to Neutral.

Ergo, everyone can cross this off now. 🙂

(all on the assumption you haven't already waited too long and the switch goes back to Neutral on it's own) 

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

3 hours ago, Despayre said:

I just noticed, that for the right engine, after selection, if you left-click, it goes to Neutral.

For the left engine, after selection, if you right-click, it goes to Neutral.

Ergo, everyone can cross this off now. 🙂

(all on the assumption you haven't already waited too long and the switch goes back to Neutral on it's own) 

I have a switch on the throttle base with 3 positions and would like to be able to turn the switch back to neutral without having to pick up my mouse

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

2 hours ago, Dentedend10 said:

I have a switch on the throttle base with 3 positions and would like to be able to turn the switch back to neutral without having to pick up my mouse

Yup, got that with the last comment, I wasn't thinking when I wrote that, forgot it was specifically about "binding", not function.  (But if I delete my comment now, it'll look like you two are talking to your imaginary friend... 🙂 )

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 10:26 PM, Rongor said:

Engine crank switch has left and right but not off. Off is needed in case you do the cold start by the book. So engine crank switch off position please.

On 4/5/2023 at 8:17 AM, Dentedend10 said:

Yep, engine crank to neutral would be needed! Thanks

I had the same issue, i decided to edit it myself to make it work :

You can add : 

{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Crank, cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE, value_down = 0, name = _('Crank Center'), category = _('Engine Control Panel')},

Inside "default.lua" in : "Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\keyboard"
Then In-Game, you can search for "Crank Center" keybind.
You'll have to repeat this with every update or use a mod manager like OVGME.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

pretty please with knobs on can we get 3 way controls with an else off option added please.
example wing position lights currently have 3 seperate commands bright/dim/off all seperate. can we get bright elso off and dim else off please. iv spent 2 days trying to do it with no joy 
so far its wing position lights, tail position lights same for red and white flood lights 

iv done it myself haha, im so chuffed with myself lol
wing and tail lights bright and dim all work
so do red and white flood dim and bright. they all are now on else off! 

Edited by eatthis
  • Like 2

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Posting this here because it is related to how some bindings work.  Apologies in advance if this not intended for this thread. 

Volume Increments not on an Axis are too coarse.   ICS volume, ALR-67, and probably the radio volumes, when bound to a digital switch, like a rotary dial instead of an analog axis, change values by about 25% on each turn/press.   Request this be reduced to about 5% (1/20 of range) or perhaps 10% (1/10 range) at most.     JESTER especially needs to be managed a little more precisely at times when you can't use the mouse.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone assist with some Axis problems.  Been flying the F-14 since release with my Thrustmaster rudder pedals and HOTAS Warthog.  Got a new computer recently and loaded the Tomcat back up along with every single module in DCS. I have had no issues binding axis or using my rudder pedals or throttle with any other aircraft.  For some reason the F-14 allows me to bind the Stick and left/right toe brakes, but not the rudder pedals itself or the throttle. 

There is a red exclamation mark next to both before I even try binding them.  Then when I bind them, there is a red exclamation mark next to the assigned axis for both.  I hover the cursor over the red marks and all it does is tell me the axis I just bound; it does provide the error/conflict.  I have gone into the UI layer options and General options and have nothing bound to the axis.  I have gone inside the RIO axis and have nothing bound there.  I can not figure out where the problem lies and I know it is not with my equipment.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The F-14 is the only module giving me this problem. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2023 at 9:26 PM, Rongor said:

here you go mate, on else off/crank else center controls for both engines

{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Crank,     up = device_commands.ENGINE_Crank, cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE, name = _('Crank Left Engine Else Crank Center'), category = _('Engine Control Panel')},

{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Crank,     up = device_commands.ENGINE_Crank, cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE, value_down = -1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE, name = _('Crank Right Engine Else Crank Center'), category = _('Engine Control Panel')},

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, could you please add the air source buttons on the right aft to the bindable buttons? They are all missing and are quite handy to have in my home cockpit for engine start and for example air refuelling.

thanks

Chris

• Like 1

i79900k @ 4,7 - Geforce RTX2080TI 11GB - 32Gbram - Win10 - TRackIr4 - Thrustmaster Warthog/Saitek Rudder

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2023 at 5:15 PM, Chrjs said:

Hi, could you please add the air source buttons on the right aft to the bindable buttons? They are all missing and are quite handy to have in my home cockpit for engine start and for example air refuelling.

thanks

Chris

i have them, arnt they in the standard file?

On 12/22/2023 at 8:55 AM, draconus said:

Nope.

-- AIR SOURCE
{down = device_commands.AirSourceRam, cockpit_device_id = devices.COCKPITMECHANICS, value_down = 1, name = _('Air Source RAM'), category = _('Cockpit Mechanics')},
{down = device_commands.AirSourceLEng, cockpit_device_id = devices.COCKPITMECHANICS, value_down = 1, name = _('Air Source L ENG'), category = _('Cockpit Mechanics')},
{down = device_commands.AirSourceREng, cockpit_device_id = devices.COCKPITMECHANICS, value_down = 1, name = _('Air Source R ENG'), category = _('Cockpit Mechanics')},
{down = device_commands.AirSourceBoth, cockpit_device_id = devices.COCKPITMECHANICS, value_down = 1, name = _('Air Source BOTH ENG'), category = _('Cockpit Mechanics')},
{down = device_commands.AirSourceOff, cockpit_device_id = devices.COCKPITMECHANICS, value_down = 1, name = _('Air Source OFF'), category = _('Cockpit Mechanics')},

Having dabbed in the RIO seat a bit over the holidays (being my own RIO), i would certainly like to see some controls being added as orders we can issue to Jester. Ability to hook targets or assign "do not attack" to some comes first to mind, and of course MLC filter manipulation. I can see why some people swear by it.

Oh, and let's not forget.... Happy Ney Year everyone! 

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 8/18/2019 at 2:33 AM, Wintermute74 said:

Engine crank

And while I'm at it (adding unrequested keybindings), here's the missing neutral position for the engine crank switch:

{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Crank, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, value_down = 0, name = _('Crank Engine OFF (neutral)'), category = _('Engine Control Panel')},

Hi,

This is a much requested binding! 🙂 Noob question: when I edit the .lua file, it saves as .txt and then it's no longer read correctly in DCS. How do I edit the default.lua without changing its format?

Edit: nvm, got it, just had to 'save' instead of save as. Thanks for this!

Edited by Dentedend10

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3