F-5E Fuel Consumption

sabre2017

Part 4 of Appendix I of TO 1F-5E-1 is the “range” section and probably has the closest thing to what you are looking for. That is where the constant altitude cruise charts and nm per pound charts are found. Examples for the use of every chart in Apendix I are at the bringing of each respective part.

Part 10 provides an example mission and goes through the solution from taxi to landing. It would take an afternoon to go through the whole process however haha.

Have you thought about getting your own no wind numbers for quick and dirty calculations? Like loading up the editor with the aircraft stores you want and cruising constant airspeed/Mach at 5k, 10k,15k,FL200, etc, and writing down your TAS (F2 view) and fuel flow. Then cruise fuel would be an easy calculation for you.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Yes, precisely what tom19d said above. You could actually create a set of tables for the DCS F-5 fuel consumption. By flying in a few Block altitudes and recording the FF from the actual FF gauge in the aircraft, going from say 80% RPM to MIL, in 5% increments and then AB. This is sort of reverse engineering what you want if you're unable to find it. But will give you the actual figures that DCS is using. If you throw it into excel, you can formulate the data into a pretty good fuel calculator for different phases of flight. Can even calculate the fuel in lbs/nm so you can estimate distance remaining as well. Our squad has done this and have a pretty good little tool that works for most flights and phases of flight. Tables are broken out into 3 block altitudes using average fuel consumption across a set of block alts. for LO. MED. HI Alts encompassing all from 80% RPM - AB in 5% increments. It's not a bad little tool. Gets the job done. You know what they say...close enough for government work!

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

• 9 months later...

A little more data might be found in this Grim Reapers video:

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

Not trying to be snarky or anything at all, just askin. Would it be possible for you to share your spreadsheet with the community? That would be a nice gesture and would save a lot of people a lot of work.

Haven’t seen that “pretty good little tool” yet. Or, am I being snarky?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.