Which aircraft are you most interested in? - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Which aircraft are you most interested in?
Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt 93 13.68%
Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX 81 11.91%
Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4 38 5.59%
Hawker Typhoon IB 40 5.88%
Focke Wulf FW.190A-5 33 4.85%
Douglas A-26B-15 Invader 22 3.24%
Messerschmitt Me 262A-1 85 12.50%
Lockheed P-38J-15 Lightning 110 16.18%
de Havilland Mosquito FB.VI 51 7.50%
Boeing B-17 127 18.68%
Voters: 680. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #61
Teknetinium

La-7 and spitfire.
Teknetinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #62
Mike Busutil

Checkout my user files here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...l&set_filter=Y
Mike Busutil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #63
NineLine
Community Manager

ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #64
Bucic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Guys, please keep the completely unrelated aircraft out of the thread. This is not a wishlist so they serve no purpose.
Thanks.
That!
Bucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #65
fastfreddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett_g View Post
I picked the P-47D-28.... Because 1)... I'm a huge Jug lover... And 2)... I think they need to keep it simple for the first few aircraft... Better to start out with several quick-release single engine fighters... Once they develop a base move on to a few twin engine planes and then finally... Once bigger maps are released a B-17 would be great.

I really hope they have a sophisticated damage model worked out. They themselves described the T-bolt as a plane that could come home with cylinders knocked out... I hope this rings true... I wanna be able to make it home with pistons flopping about and engine panels blown off long after my P-51 friends have had to belly in because of a glycol leak!
History channel had Air Aces show on a few weeks ago on Francis Gabreski who flew the P 47. Really interesting story ended with him in POW camp because he decided to fly just one more mission when he should of been going home.
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #66
Barrett_g

I have a book with this picture in it:

The caption reads:

How tough was the Thunderbolt? 2nd Lt. Karl Wallberg, a Ninth AF pilot, landed his P-47D with a 500-pound bomb hung under the wing. The bomb came off and promptly exploded, blowing off the rear of the Thunderbolt behind the armored seat. Lt. Wallberg was only shaken up. (USAFM)

I hope we make the goal and this sim comes to fruition. I have no problems paying extra for a P-47D-15 (Razorback) either!!!
Barrett_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #67
venancio.avf

is there a possibility to be added to the game a russian fighter like the yak-3 or La-7?
venancio.avf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #68
Silky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Instead of scattered opinions, let's give them some numbers to crunch.
And the results are scattered

From what I last heard, the next 3 are the P-40, Spitfire, and the P-47... The P-38 would be damn amazing! It's not like the top two American aces flew it either..
Silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #69
Echo38

P-38, naturally. I really wanted to be able to vote for the P-47 as well, though. Poll's a bit flawed.

The bombers shoulda been dropped, and the poll should have then been "which fighter" instead of "which aircraft." Here's why: there are only two bombers on the list. So most of the bomber crowd voted for the more popular of the two. Meanwhile, the fighter crowd is all split up between all the fighters.

So, with the B-17 having the most votes of all the aircraft on the list, this gives the misleading impression that a bomber is the kind of aircraft that most players want. However, note that the number of people who voted for a fighter is currently more than three times the number of people who voted for a bomber.

In other words: just glancing at the poll, without noticing what I noticed, one would think that E.D. should prioritize the B-17, because more players voted for it (in this poll) than for any other aircraft. However, far more players want a fighter than a bomber, judging by the same poll results, which means that (if aircraft prioritization were done based on number of players who wanted it) E.D. should prioritize the most popular fighter.

In short: there really ought to be separate polls for fighters and for bombers. And, if necessary, a third poll asking simply, "Do you prefer fighters or bombers." Not that I think it necessary; E.D. doesn't (nor should they) prioritize aircraft development based solely on what's the most popular.

Last edited by Echo38; 07-10-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Echo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #70
msalama
Veteran

Yah, no vote for the reasons Echo38 just stated. As it comes to the list however, both the Lightning and the Mosquito would do just fine. EDIT: Argh - and THIS is when I see the Invader is available as well. Well OK, gets my vote for sure...

Last edited by msalama; 07-10-2015 at 09:02 PM.
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote