WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.9.30 RELEASE

What about those who pre-ordered BEFORE September 15th? when are we getting our sets? this is getting ridiculous, just send me my set, I will take care of springs and tunings.

Yes it would be nice not to be left in the dark. Some information for us that have dropped a grand on this thing would be nice.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would take the "throttle only" option if it came with a huge reduction in price, I like what they have produced. I have no interest in desktop mounts. I still prefer an actual side console, preferably built to scale. This throttle / panel combo saves a lot of work buy giving you a good start.

I won't order one any time soon as I am waiting to see the long term results:

1) Are there enough sales to keep this product on the market and support repair issues?

2) How well do these hold up after extensive use?

3) How many revisions will it go through before the design is stable and reliable?

The price is fairly high, but I am willing to pay it if I know it works well, will last a long time, and can be quickly/easily fixed if something does go wrong.

The last Hornet throttle advertised on these forums looked fantastic (and was only the throttle). It was really expensive. But it never achieved regular production with a stable design, was cancelled, and the people that bought it are stuck trying to solve any remaining issues on their own. I am glad I didn't buy it.

This one initially looks way better and provides a lot more for the price: stick, throttle, and panel. The unboxing videos have given me a great first impression. It seems the main problem is the stick/cam setup. I don't need the stick, so that is not a big deal. But if the stick is revised and turns out to be better than my current combination (VKB Gunfighter Mk II with Thrustmaster F/A-18C grip), I would be happy to get my money's worth.

So, I will keep following posts about this setup by people who are using them and try to set aside some money just in case I decide to pull the trigger.

I agree with most points here. Let me add my two cents.

I'm mainly interested in the throttle only, and would much rather use quick on/off mounts like foxx/monstertech which I'm already using for other throttles. I need something I can quickly mount/unmount, the included "mount doesn't look great in that regard.

Secondly I fly in VR, so the panel is mostly useless to me as I can't see it, so I'd be fumbling around by feel, which "sort-of" works. So if the throttle and panel are offered separately I'd rather just buy the throttle part.

Finally, did I understand correctly that in the future they will offer different throttle tops that are plug-n-play? I.e. if you are flying an F18 and want to switch it over to a F14 throttle or something like that?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As the Rift S made a big step forward in perceived visual quality despite only a modest increase in resolution, I am flying VR a lot more, now. But when the controls are reasonably close to where they appear to be, I can use them quite easily. So, despite focusing on VR, I intend to build accrate, functional pits in terms of switches, knobs, etc. The big savings on a VR pit is not having to animate gauges, lights, and displays.

Having multiple panes that fit in place of the Hornet panel to accommodate various aircraft types would be cool. But how accurate can they be if they have to fit the dimensions of the Hornet throttle?

I plan to eventually make some interchangeable front panels for my favorite aircraft. Some front panels just have a few knobs on the gauges, others have some switches and/or buttons that are critical to operation and/or combat. But I have too much going on right now and can't make the time to improve my simpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]