Community A-4E-C

I am having trouble understanding A-4EC AG radar usage. I don't understand what I am looking at when all it is is displaying cartographic contours. How does one pick targets. I get those contours even at sea, and over flat terrain in Persian Gulf.

So lets say I am going after a ship in open water. I am 10nm from it, pointing at it, and there is no return from it on AG radar. Radar elevation is 0 and less. Should it appear as a thicker dot, or something similar.

So in AG Search mode , what is it searching for? Kind of confounding they way it works, and YT tutorials are non exactly useful.

Terrain Clearance is same. It works great in PROFILE mode. But in PLAN mode, it displays , what to me, looks like non-sense random returns.

The problem is MB-339 mod. Sorry to say, but it has to go, or you will have no ending and unpredictable sinks, until MB-339 developers fix it.

I never had MB-339 installed, and had ugly sinks by just having A-4 in DCS (not flying it, not having in the mission, but just having it installed). I uninstalled A-4, and never had such problems since.

It’s a major issue, preventing me from ever using A-4, if MB-339 has the same issue, I will not even try it.

This makes the problem even worse, IMHO! I have both A-4EC and MB-339. When both were active, I had sink through all over the place in all theaters. When I disable MB-339 , everything works fine. When I disabled A-4EC, but enabled MB-339, sink through returned . With MB-339 DISABLED, but A-4EC ENABLED everything works fine. So problem , for my sitiuation, is MB-339. Which is sad, as I like MB-339 quite a bit.

Feel for you guys!

Are you on release or open beta?

I have both the A-4E-C and the MB-339 installed, and have never experienced sync in neither Caucasus or NTTR in release nor open beta.

Only time I've had something close to sinking is in the F-16 going off road and back on the runway. But I've heard it's a Viper issue anyway.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Feel for you guys!

Are you on release or open beta?

I have both the A-4E-C and the MB-339 installed, and have never experienced sync in neither Caucasus or NTTR in release nor open beta.

Only time I've had something close to sinking is in the F-16 going off road and back on the runway. But I've heard it's a Viper issue anyway.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It never happen on Caucasus, but happens on other maps.

It is hard to catch, but it can be as easy as you start your engines in F-14 (for example) and instantly go underground, falling under map. Or you can turn on your aircraft (it can be any, spitfire, whatever) take off, do successful mission, and upon landing instead of touch down - fall through geometry and keep falling.

It all happened to me very often in Multiplayer (I was hosting server) and when I uninstalled A-4 - everything started to work absolutely fine, and I never seen such glitches since

A-4EC 1.3.1 explosion on trap.

Trak attached. Now I know that I was off center, but my VV was within limits, and GW was OK. I could understand a bolter, where off-centerline hook failed to catch, but I get total catastrophic explosion. I thought , perhaps I sank below ramp height, but trak shows good clearance. I was on speed, on AOA, properly configured, but I was off-centerline. That should not cause a explosion of aircraft.

A_4EC_rampStrikee.trk

I am having trouble understanding A-4EC AG radar usage. I don't understand what I am looking at when all it is is displaying cartographic contours. How does one pick targets. I get those contours even at sea, and over flat terrain in Persian Gulf.

So lets say I am going after a ship in open water. I am 10nm from it, pointing at it, and there is no return from it on AG radar. Radar elevation is 0 and less. Should it appear as a thicker dot, or something similar.

So in AG Search mode , what is it searching for? Kind of confounding they way it works, and YT tutorials are non exactly useful.

Terrain Clearance is same. It works great in PROFILE mode. But in PLAN mode, it displays , what to me, looks like non-sense random returns.

Hi. I have a couple of tutorials that explain this, as far as I can:

(min 13:30)

The A-4C radar is not intended to designate targets. Think of radar as an aid for the low visibility navigation. What you are seen from above is a representation of the montains and "high ground" ahead.

When you are fliying low, you should search for a gap between the peaks of the closer line of montains. Fly directly to the gap, search another gap in the next line of peaks, etc.

If no gap appears, you will need to gain some altitude.

Keep in mind that the pitch of the aircraft affects what radar gets. If you point the nose toward the ground, everything will appear as "high ground". If you point the nose towards the sky, everything will be "clear ground". The trick is get a "confortable" altitude, make little pitch variations to find where to avoid the terrain ahead.

If you navigate a canyon, the lateral montains will appear as parallel lines, with a "clear gorund" between them. You just should maintain the aircraft in the middle "clear ground". Something like this ( "L" symbol is the aircraft path):

---- L -------

------- L --------

------- L -------

------ L --------

--- L ----------

---- L ---------

----- L ---------

L

And regarding the AG, it not search for anything. It is simply a "radar" pointer to measure the distance from your nose to the ground. If you want to attack a target with rockets, it is an aid to know when the target is "in range". Just point rirectly towards the target and the radar will give you the distance... start firing when the target is in range..

In the second part of the tutorial I explain this just at the begining.

Hi guys, really quick question, I’m sorry if it’s already been asked but I just don’t have time to scan every page in my current situation,

Has the bug that causes aircraft to go through runways on landing been fixed?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

I just discovered this mod, and wow! Very cool. Thanks to the guys who made this and released it to us for free.

I have a lot to learn with this jet.

Trying to make a SAM site to attack, does this look right?

https://imgur.com/a/VNXgpY0

They can shoot at me, and I can lock on and shoot back with the AGM-45A.

Just not sure if I need all that stuff or what it even does. I copied it from another mission.

Thx again!

X52

I have a question about the AGM-45 Shrikes.. I am not supposed to get a tone change for SEAD attacks correct?

It seems the P-19 radar truck DOES give me a tone change, but not the Fan Song radar.

The ships I have tried dont give a tone change either.

Thanks!

X52

I just discovered this mod, and wow! Very cool. Thanks to the guys who made this and released it to us for free.

I have a lot to learn with this jet.

Trying to make a SAM site to attack, does this look right?

https://imgur.com/a/VNXgpY0

They can shoot at me, and I can lock on and shoot back with the AGM-45A.

Just not sure if I need all that stuff or what it even does. I copied it from another mission.

Thx again!

Hello,

for example an Sa-2 site, you need a P-19 radar, fan song (TR) so a tracking radar, and than a missile :) LN. You need to have them in the same group. And I do recommend you to click on the advanced waypoint , and select: ALARM STATE: RED, and ROE: Weapons free.

You will find some good tutorials on the youtube, just type : DCS SAM

Asrock Z270 pro4, i7 6700, gtx 1070

Hello,

for example an Sa-2 site, you need a P-19 radar, fan song (TR) so a tracking radar, and than a missile :) LN. You need to have them in the same group. And I do recommend you to click on the advanced waypoint , and select: ALARM STATE: RED, and ROE: Weapons free.

You will find some good tutorials on the youtube, just type : DCS SAM

Thanks!

I think I figured the placement out.

What does Alarm State RED do? They are on high alert or something?

For anybody else, this website tells you exactly what assets to place for all the different SAM systems

https://www.airgoons.com/w/DCS_Reference/Air_Defences

This site has real life info/articles, plus it has some historical pictures of how they were actually set up. Really cool.

http://www.ausairpower.net/sams-iads.html

S-75-SAM-Site-PAVN-1966-1S.jpg

X52

Здравствуйте! Если вы понимаете русский то просьба решить проблему с визуальным отображение Пушечных Контейнеров!!! Заранее спасибо)))

So I was checking into some of the specs of the A4 on Wikipedia and it says that the Skyhawk can carry 4 X AIM-9. I was wondering if someone knew how to adjust loadouts so that we can carry 4 AIM-9s?

Data from McDonnell Douglas aircraft since 1920 : Volume I,[103] Global Security : A4D (A-4) Skyhawk[104]

General characteristics

• Crew: 1

• Length: 40 ft 1.5 in (12.230 m)

• Wingspan: 27 ft 6 in (8.38 m)

• Height: 15 ft 2 in (4.62 m)

• Wing area: 260 sq ft (24 m2)

• Airfoil: root: NACA 0008-1.1-25; tip: NACA 0005-.825-50[105]

• Empty weight: 9,853 lb (4,469 kg)

• Gross weight: 16,216 lb (7,355 kg)

• Max takeoff weight: 24,500 lb (11,113 kg)

• Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney J52-P-6A turbojet engine, 8,500 lbf (38 kN) thrust

Performance

• Maximum speed: 585 kn (673 mph, 1,083 km/h) at sea level

• Range: 1,008 nmi (1,160 mi, 1,867 km)

• Ferry range: 2,194 nmi (2,525 mi, 4,063 km)

• g limits: +8 -3

• Rate of climb: 5,750 ft/min (29.2 m/s)

• Wing loading: 62.4 lb/sq ft (305 kg/m2)

• Thrust/weight: 0.526

Armament

• Guns: 2× 20 mm (0.79 in) Colt Mk 12 cannon, 100 rounds/gun

• Rockets:

◦ 4× LAU-10 rocket pods (each with 4× 127 mm Mk 32 Zuni rockets)

• Missiles:

◦ Air-to-air missiles:

▪ 4× AIM-9 Sidewinder

◦ Air-to-surface missiles:

▪ 2× AGM-12 Bullpup

▪ 2× AGM-45 Shrike anti-radiation missile

▪ 2× AGM-62 Walleye TV-guided glide bomb

▪ 2× AGM-65 Maverick

• Bombs:

◦ 6× Rockeye-II Mark 20 Cluster Bomb Unit (CBU)

◦ 6× Rockeye Mark 7/APAM-59 CBU

◦ Mark 80 series of unguided bombs (including 3 kg and 14 kg practice bombs)

◦ B43 nuclear bomb

◦ B57 nuclear bomb

◦ B61 nuclear bomb

The 4 Missile A-4s are not the ones currently modeled, but I know of several folks who have edited things like that. I don't know how to do it, but if you ask around I'm sure someone can send you a file.

The radar screen doesn't double as the walleye's targeting screen. It is replaced by a TV screen instead, so it would require a remodel of the cockpit to be realistic even if it's possible at all.

Will development of the Skyhawk go on or is it considered complete?

It is my favourte module by far (i own every dcs module) and i would like to have it as close to the real thing as possible!

I know its very unlikely, but i still wanted to ask if it is still being worked on.

Thanks