Using the CBU-97

Xtacy

CCIP works, people just don't know how to use it (explained above).

CCRP works fine too. The 1500 ft altitude setting is better for high alt deliveries. Though I've had some success with low alt at 1k feet straight and level which dispersed stuff somewhat past the target, but it usually hits anyway. Any less than that and it doesn't work.

Anyone had any luck lofting the CBU's, seems like that doesn't really work?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The issue is not being able to adjust the HOF, and also the terminal velocity of the CBU-97 is mach .99 which is.... crazy? Like you drop it at mach .6 or .7 and it accelerates while falling until it his mach .99, and it doesn't leave enough time for the pucks to not hit the ground before finding targets.

The workaround right now is to release them from low altitude so they have less time to "speed up" in the gravity fall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Tthe terminal velocity of the CBU-97 is mach .99 which is.... crazy?

That seems wrong...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I’ve dropped CBU-97s in CCRP mode from 20k ft+ using the TPOD, works great. I’ve found that I get more accurate results when I use area tracking and move the TPOD cursor a little short of the target. No problems with the submunitions releasing/bursting.

You must have adjusted the HOF somehow or something, because thats not possible with a 500ft HOF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You must have adjusted the HOF somehow or something, because thats not possible with a 500ft HOF.

Haven't they changed the HOF in the latest update?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

HOF is now 1500 ft.

I've used em from like 10-15 and they work ok. Low level deliveries below 1k don't work now.

HOF is now 1500 ft.

I've used em from like 10-15 and they work ok. Low level deliveries below 1k don't work now.

Yep, I noticed it was set to 1500 (default), but yeah, I'm getting good dispersal when dropped at 15-20k ft plus, again in CCRP using the TGP for the sight line auto release. I tried the CBU-97's tonight in CCIP for the first time, and got mixed results depending on the dive angle/altitude of the drop (i.e. sometimes they dispersed and hit targets, sometimes I saw no effect, so probably hit the ground), so I'll have to practice some more.

Yep, I noticed it was set to 1500 (default), but yeah, I'm getting good dispersal when dropped at 15-20k ft plus, again in CCRP using the TGP for the sight line auto release. I tried the CBU-97's tonight in CCIP for the first time, and got mixed results depending on the dive angle/altitude of the drop (i.e. sometimes they dispersed and hit targets, sometimes I saw no effect, so probably hit the ground), so I'll have to practice some more.

For now, if you want to use CCIP with the CBU’s it’s best to hold down the weapon release button, even if the reticule isn’t in the hud and do a quick CCRP release. With the new update that’s the only way I can get consistent hits with the 97.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just tgp the target area, then get low increase to maximum speed and then about 30-35 seconds from release pull up into a 40-45 degree climb, and hold down weapon release, then either oblique split S away or pull over the top and back the way you came If you time it just right it works well against radar sites, and keeps you out of deadly manpads range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had trouble with the bombs coming off in a climb. I'll have to try it again.

I just tgp the target area, then get low increase to maximum speed and then about 30-35 seconds from release pull up into a 40-45 degree climb, and hold down weapon release, then either oblique split S away or pull over the top and back the way you came If you time it just right it works well against radar sites, and keeps you out of deadly manpads range.

I have found that the CCRP line wanders off to the side at low level when I try to do this, then moves back closer to the target when I am pulling up but wanders around which makes it rather hard to know where to aim.

Do you have this issue? Maybe only when there's some wind?

It doesn't seem right to me.

already discussed. SEARCH FUNCTION!

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

They changed the HOF to 1500ft because the bomblets were hitting the ground and not detonating - that change has made CCIP much harder. To use them at low alt, put the CCIP pipper on the target and then hold down the pickle button - it'll designate that point for a CCRP drop and perform the CCRP drop after a few seconds.

They changed the HOF to 1500ft because the bomblets were hitting the ground and not detonating - that change has made CCIP much harder. To use them at low alt, put the CCIP pipper on the target and then hold down the pickle button - it'll designate that point for a CCRP drop and perform the CCRP drop after a few seconds.

What fuse setting should be used for low alt drops?

You can't change the fusing right now...

Anyone comment on IRL, can the viper change the height fusing dynamically, or is it set on the ground and you are just telling your FCS what that height is? I know this is/was the case for old school CBU's (rockeyes) but not sure on the 97's which you might be able to set in flight?

Low alt drops the previous 500ft setting worked well, but you had to drop them really low (less than 2-3k).

Edited by Harlikwin

You can't change the fusing right now...

Anyone comment on IRL, can the viper change the height fusing dynamically, or is it set on the ground and you are just telling your FCS what that height is? I know this is/was the case for old school CBU's (rockeyes) but not sure on the 97's which you might be able to set in flight?

Low alt drops the previous 500ft setting worked well, but you had to drop them really low (less than 2-3k).

Should be the same - it's carried on dumb pylons/racks with no digital connection to program it, so should need setting on the ground. It might be possible to dynamically adjust HOF in the CBU-105 though.

Trying to drop in CCIP and holding the trigger doesn't seem to work nearly as well as the low altitude drops like before, the bomb seems to be way off target when it opens up and then the cluster munitions drift even further away.

What's the optimum way to use this weapon on a group of vehicles?

I’ve had great success marking the center of the group with the TGP (area or point) and dropping CCRP. If it’s a rather large group, drop a pair and watch the fireworks.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4