VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

i added my, perhaps rather odd, pronunciations of the Georgian airfields, as there was no way i was going to get the default ones correct.

i'm actually going to have to add one for "Arco" as, for some reason, i can't get that one right at all

i added my, perhaps rather odd, pronunciations of the Georgian airfields, as there was no way i was going to get the default ones correct.

i'm actually going to have to add one for "Arco" as, for some reason, i can't get that one right at all

Haha! Yeah! Me to.

Even though I have trained, several times, Gudauta. It won't ever be recognized.

But fun fact!

"Gudauta used to be home to a Soviet Air Defence Forces base, Bombora airfield."

So I've added "Bombora" as an alias. Much easier to pronounce!

90 percent hit rate. The other 10 is bomb, of course! :D

I found it - eureka!

MS Speech Recognition Profile Manager Tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22358

This seems to create a file with the extension of .spf. Not sure if its the best tool to use, but it beats having nothing and it’s compatible not to mention: FREE!

Ps - I forgot it’s Football Sunday right now and the games started at 1300. My Viper is down for maintenance (it’s a Code 3 in USAF terms) and could be in Hangar Queen status for the remainder of the day!

Edited by bradleyjs
Clarity

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Is it normal for information messages on the right side of the screen to pushed down to the bottom right while voice attack is active? If not, how is this prevented? I have tried to disable the comms menu in the config with no luck. Having messages a overlay on the top right of my cockpit instruments is a no go. I need them consistently in the upper right where they belong.

Any help?

Hello,

VMU in A10c is not working when using Voice attack with Vaicompro plugin.

I can see the subtitels, but hear no Sound..

If I start DCS without Voice Attack, Bitching Betty is loud and clear.

Does anybody have the same problem ?

Thanks already

Problem is solved with Latest Update.

Thanks Hollywood !!

To me, this is still happening with build .12

Cool. Will check it out. Spf sounds familiar.

Well. After tying with Spain yesterday, and watching many rugby, and rugby worldcup games this weekend. I'm full and leaving the hangar!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

LOL :thumbup:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I will do a Live debug session later in the day and post the results. My wife has me doing some Honey-Do’s at the moment. There’s just not enough “Playtime 60 minutes” built into the Frag Order of the day! :doh:

Here’s the image I promised. I took this screenshot after I exited DCS - the PTT / Config gialog does shoe F-16C Viper when its in use BTW

DBFDB38C-8F00-48A8-A64F-C9BE8B26B67A.thumb.jpeg.c177e31b32cf85b8bfa5f9841b656acc.jpeg

Edited by bradleyjs
Added more info

Here’s the image I promised. I took this screenshot after I exited DCS - the PTT / Config gialog does shoe F-16C Viper when its in use BTW

Maybe I've completely misunderstood you, because it's seems to be working now.

So what's you're actual problem? :-)

Maybe I've completely misunderstood you, because it's seems to be working now.

So what's you're actual problem? :-)

The functionality of TX1 is only partial and it doesn’t work the same as TX2. The UI Sounds when pressed indicate an error and it has a disabled look in the PTT. So, does you TX1 or 2 look like in the pic and does it seem to be disabled like mine?

When I first discover this issue late last night, it didn’t seem to work at all. I think that’s where I might have confused you. As the day went by and after further testing I was able to determine it does actually work; just not with the same behavior as a “good” radio.

E05267AC-8A0D-4475-8064-D7A0E4773965.thumb.jpeg.ba3570638fbe110f0c68e887bc8a0d56.jpeg

The functionality of TX1 is only partial and it doesn’t work the same as TX2. The UI Sounds when pressed indicate an error and it has a disabled look in the PTT. So, does you TX1 or 2 look like in the pic and does it seem to be disabled like mine?

When I first discover this issue late last night, it didn’t seem to work at all. I think that’s where I might have confused you. As the day went by and after further testing I was able to determine it does actually work; just not with the same behavior as a “good” radio.

Quite right I did.

I also don't get the "static" sound, now that I get you!

And yes, it's greyed out until I click TX1, then it changes to same white as you get when pressing TX2.

But F-16 is the only module I have with multiple TX's, so I cannot say if it behaves different from other modules, and I for sure cannot remember what it was like, different or same from last weeks patch.

Anyway. If I tune the radio I could talk to ATC. I requested taxi, it went into a loop with "Hold position for a while, and then comes "Continue Taxi", which is different to what I'm used to with TX2. But I get the confirmation beep that VAICOM has understood me. You don't?

I wish we could turn up the volume for the VAICOM sounds though.

You can - it’s not a big boost in sound but it is better than nothing. Under the Audio tab (in the config dialog) increase the volume slider of AOCS in the bottom left side of the first column.

The system is usable “as is” and I believe the issue will be fixed in the near future. Thanks for your help today!

8F45820E-C612-433E-A40A-61C79E2AE5DB.jpeg.04f1aa5ecc534b382142a1c8f40c57e1.jpeg

Hey Hollywood I've noticed that Jester randomly select the A2G ordinance rather than the requested type. E.G. if I have a mixed A2G loadout and get a recognized "Select Mk 83's" he may select the other ordinance loaded. This is not the case on the wheel. I assume its somewhere in the viacom hooks?

Cheers

Quite right I did.

I also don't get the "static" sound, now that I get you!

And yes, it's greyed out until I click TX1, then it changes to same white as you get when pressing TX2.

But F-16 is the only module I have with multiple TX's, so I cannot say if it behaves different from other modules, and I for sure cannot remember what it was like, different or same from last weeks patch.

Anyway. If I tune the radio I could talk to ATC. I requested taxi, it went into a loop with "Hold position for a while, and then comes "Continue Taxi", which is different to what I'm used to with TX2. But I get the confirmation beep that VAICOM has understood me. You don't?

Using just the DCS ATC, I don't recall hearing messages like "hold position" or "continue taxi". Are you sure that those are not messages that the mission creator has built in to the mission? For example, the recently done red flag missions just require a space bar to be pressed and do include more verbose instructions from the tower.

Using just the DCS ATC, I don't recall hearing messages like "hold position" or "continue taxi". Are you sure that those are not messages that the mission creator has built in to the mission? For example, the recently done red flag missions just require a space bar to be pressed and do include more verbose instructions from the tower.
Unless ED changed something themselves. It was the "Cold and Dark" Caucasus for the F-16. Maybe we discovered something. That would be fun!

I had the same thing happen once before in the same mission.

According to another thread, they are working with improved ATC, but are supposed to do improved carrier stuff first. But that said, I've seen much improved "trigging" in Nevada lately.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Why is the UHF radio TX2 in the Viper anyway? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

probably yes and i guess that might be corrected, in the fullness of time, along with the display issue on the TX1(which should be TX2) button. However, in the meantime, as it all appears to work pretty well anyway, that shouldn't create any major issues.