so Prowler said the 2000-5 will happen ?

Contact409

Ain't all good if:

1) we get a new Rafael and mirage 2000-5 in the future

2) we fund the project mostly by buying the modules as now

3) Razbam gets data from manufacturer

4) France Air Force and military gets training assets from DCS and Razbam?

That sounds a lot as win-win situation?

Considering that any French pilot flying those could receive the license, HOTAS (custom) and perform tactical training at the base....

Now, that sounds like what ED is doing with their own military version.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I was one of the most vocal user on these forums to complain about lack of progress and communication from Razbam several months ago. But we can't deny that the last few weeks we saw a clear change of pace in the Mirage overhaul, for the better.

Almost every week we get new updates or screenshots about upcoming features/corrections for the Mirage 2000C. Yesterday we got again a new teaser from Elwood on the Discord server :

unknown.png

Regarding the graphical update to new standards we had a glimpse at it as well not so long ago [Facebook link]

The real problem is indeed the lack of communication on this forum, which should be their primary way of communicating with DCS customers. Most of the news come from users sharing what they found on Facebook or Discord and not from the community manager.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Indeed, there is reason to be cautiously optimistic. A lot of improvements have been made recently :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

The real problem is indeed the lack of communication on this forum, which should be their primary way of communicating with DCS customers. Most of the news come from users sharing what they found on Facebook or Discord and not from the community manager.

This!

It's great that there is so much news and communication happening on Facebook and Discord, but it's all bypassing me as I'm looking for that on the product forums, which is here!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

100% agree.

DCS forum should be primary place for all the news and information related to the product.

Of course DCS forum do not offer VOIP like Discord, but why not then add those to the forum FAQ/Pinned thread so people can open it in their web browser etc?

Facebook should be the last of the places where the information is given. So that the customers of the product will have a good one location at least in their environment (DCS Forum).

Another more capable Mirage variant is an instant buy for me. I have all of Razbam's (and DCS) modules, with the Harrier and Mirage among my top picks. The AV-8B is one of the most versatile and enjoyable modules along with the F/A-18C. Razbam have shown they can produce high quality and very interesting aircraft for DCS, and have shown improvement in their approach. Consequently I'll continue to fund their developments.

As always with you, you seem like a fanboi to me ;).

However, we both may love the Mirage, but will have never the same opinion on Razbam and how they work. But its still good that everyone has its own :).

So we know both that a discussion between us may lead to nothig. It seems like we would need to fly together first ;).

I already did explain, but I’ll try another time.

Look for documentation available about US fighters, and then look for documentation you can find about Mirage 2000.

So it was a bold bet from Razbam to make a Mirage 2000. Yet here we are:

- they secured a deal with AdA to improve M-2000C for training purpose.

- AdA is now interested into expanding M-2000 family with more advance variants.

We are at the beginning, but it will be interesting.

Without Razbam bet, there would be no M-2000 at all. So even in current shape, I use what works and I have fun.

Razbam also released precious AI assets tha everyone can enjoy: KC-130, KC-135, Tarawa. :thumbup:

- Forum

- Facebook

- Discord

- official website

- YouTube

Not enough communication, really ?

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Nobody is complaining about the lack of news lately but the fact that the most important place for DCS and Razbam customers, this very forum, does not receive official communication as often as others platforms.

Customers should not go around various websites and services and subscribe to them to receive news from a developper providing modules for DCS. Razbam's section on Eagle Dynamic's board should be the primary source.

Despite being appreciative of the superb work done by Razbam to secure a FAF deal, we should keep a critical point of view.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Nobody is complaining about the lack of news lately but the fact that the most important place for DCS and Razbam customers, this very forum, does not receive official communication as often as others platforms.

Customers should not go around various websites and services and subscribe to them to receive news from a developper providing modules for DCS. Razbam's section on Eagle Dynamic's board should be the primary source.

Despite being appreciative of the superb work done by Razbam to secure a FAF deal, we should keep a critical point of view.

This...

While they "communicate" and I use that term loosely, and eventually that information does sometimes end up here its generally a poor way of doing it. This is the main product forum, and every other Dev mainly communicates here. I don't want to have to check their discord or facebook every day to see whatever nuggets of wisdom (or other nuggets) they dispense. I'm happy if they give us a decent quarterly update like the other 3rd party devs do. And otherwise I'll check the change log for the latest "fixes".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would love to see a M2000-5.

However, its Razbam.

Three modules out, none finished, all bugged over.

Very bad bug / community management.

Announced 15 other modules and one map.

Completely stopped the developement of a in advance paid module to develop another module in the meantime.

So I guess, I need to keep my expectations low.

In terms of release date, as also in terms of quality.

Razbam won't see a cent from me if they won't change.

Still hopeing that I'm wrong.

Fact:

The above content has a few facts with a lot of opinion...placed purposefully to deliver an OpED.

"... all bugged over." - Opinion

"Very bad bug... community management" - Opinion

"In terms of release date, as also in terms of quality." - Opinion

just which module went on sale that has "stopped"? really. I've bought all the modules they have put on sale, and they are all constantly getting improvements.

We are all entitled to opinions. and to write them - its what forums are for. But i haven't seen this kind of entitlement on these forums in a while. Keep your opinion, but please refrain from publicly stating your opinions are facts. reading the above has made me wonder if you are confusing razbam with veao, :megalol:

The thread and the content posted imo i fantastic news!, it may start a trend as others not just the ada see the advantage in this. Either way i can't see a downside to this.

I see here in DCS forum, more news about Razbam and their progress from other users posting the links etc to other sites, than from the Razbam itself.

That should tell something about "focus".

Wondering whether this will be a vanilla air defence 2000-5 or "multirole" one. IE M2000-5 mk2, that has SAR mapping, option for targeting pod, and A/G guided muntions.

Irregardless itl be nice seeing the Mirage line expanded.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Since this is a partnership with French Air Force, it’s almost sure to be Mirage 2000-5F which is air defence only.

Ahh so until the Rafale came into service , Mirage 2000D within the ADA was the only option from 4th generation that is capable of precision strike?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Ahh so until the Rafale came into service , Mirage 2000D within the ADA only option from the 4th generation that is capable of precision strike?

First plane to use laser guided weapons was Jaguar E, already during Desert Storm in 1991. But Atlis pod was day only.

Mirage 2000D came in 1993 with PDL-CT and was all weather.

It can also carry ATLIS pod.

PDL-CT was upgraded with better sensor to PDL-CTS.

Then Damocles pod (same as Mirage 2000-9 & Rafale, also exported in a few countries).

Soon it will be equipped with brand new Talios pod (both Rafale and upgraded Mirage 2000D).

So yes, Mirage 2000D was the only 4th Gen fighter using TGP.

3 squadrons (20 aircraft in line each) in Nancy.

These squadrons have been pretty busy from the beginning of Mirage 2000D service.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

This is great news. I am a die hard Hornet driver but I am really looking forward to mixing it up with Mirages that have MICA available. I think the MICA IR will catch a lot of people by surprise - like an ET without the give-away smoke plume (and better flare resistance).

Mica does smoke, but for a short period of time :smilewink:

But you're right, on long range shot the target is unlikely to see the smoke.

And Mica has been tested up to 36Nm Vs target drone. (But we don't have launch parameters, probably high and fast).

http://www.taiwanairpower.org/af/mirage.html

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Mica does smoke, but for a short period of time :smilewink:

But you're right, on long range shot the target is unlikely to see the smoke.

Interesting how French and Russians thought of the idea of mixing a active radar guided missile with a IR seekerhead for when reaching close in engagements, and made it a reality.

Wonder why the US never considered this as a worthwhile concept?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Mica IR can be launched at long range with LOAL mode.

At least in DCS R-27(E)T is LOBL.

I think ASRAAM and AIM-9X got LOAL too, but they don't have the same range as Mica.

On the other hand, the Mica is known to have slightly shorter range than AIM-120...

Mirage fanatic !

AIM9X Block I (the version modeled in DCS) doesn't have LOAL. That came in with AIM9X Block II.

ASRAAM/AIM132 does have LOAL and I have heard that its range performance also compares roughly with early model AMRAAMs. The 6inch dual pulse motor is a bit of a beast apparently. I would love to have it on the F/A18C to round out my RAAF Hornet dreams but alas, it is not to be :smilewink:

Interesting, I always assumed MICA was smokeless. Still, I think MICA IR would be extremely dangerous in DCS. The agility, range performance and flare resistance from the imaging infra-red seekerhead would make for a very nasty missile.

Edited by Boogieman

Interesting how French and Russians thought of the idea of mixing a active radar guided missile with a IR seekerhead for when reaching close in engagements, and made it a reality.

Wonder why the US never considered this as a worthwhile concept?

They did, it just fell by the wayside after the Cold War ended AFAIK. The AIM95, for example, was an early attempt at producing a HOBS IR missile, while the AIM152 (Phoenix successor) was slated to have an IR terminal seeker as well.

If I was a betting man I would also put some money on the forthcoming AIM260 (AMRAAM replacement) having a combination of an AESA paired with an IIR seeker. Something similar to the setup on the Israeli Stunner perhaps.

Edited by Boogieman

Fact:

The above content has a few facts with a lot of opinion...placed purposefully to deliver an OpED.

Ok, here you have your facts:

"... all bugged over." - Opinion

Take a look here

Thats only their "official aknowledged" bugs.

Take a look at the forum and you'll find a lot more.

At the moment, I count 18 on the year long finished Mirage. + Forum.

"Very bad bug... community management" - Opinion

Still bugged and not working, but has been moved to "resolved bugs" without any comment.

Reported on July 15th. The "community manager" said 3 weeks later, that he "shall have a look" at it when he is back from holiday on August 19th.

This are only two examples of hundreds. If that aint the perfect example for a poor bug and community management, I don't know what it should be then.

And some really serious problems, like that the laser is just stopping to work in the Harrier, is yet not even aknowledged.

"In terms of release date, as also in terms of quality." - Opinion

Beside the Hawk, Razbams modules have the worst quality and the most bugs in DCS.

Nearly every update, something is broken. Take a look at the recent Harrier updates. CTD's, no centering Target Pod, etc.

In terms of release date: Harrier is out for over one year, not even close to release. (very little) progress only in the recent past. Ask people when the Mirage MLO was announced. Mig-19 was announced as full finished module to release.

just which module went on sale that has "stopped"? really. I've bought all the modules they have put on sale, and they are all constantly getting improvements.

Harrier was stopped nearly complete and nothing (beside some cosmetics) happend to the Harrier for months. Work has been done on the Mig-19 instead.

We are all entitled to opinions. and to write them - its what forums are for. But i haven't seen this kind of entitlement on these forums in a while. Keep your opinion, but please refrain from publicly stating your opinions are facts. reading the above has made me wonder if you are confusing razbam with veao, :megalol:

You may have your opinion and it may be other then mine, but I gave you now facts.

Do with it what you want.

The thread and the content posted imo i fantastic news!, it may start a trend as others not just the ada see the advantage in this. Either way i can't see a downside to this.

Yes, they are great news. I wouls also like to see a M2K-5.

However, I would also like to see it with quality and not with the bavior from the past.

Once again: Razbam, please proove me wrong when being so pesimistic.

Elwood makes me believe

:thumbup:+1, me too

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules