Controlling your AI wingman

Got Lomac when it first came out but put it aside due to all the bugs. Now it seems it's much better sim so I purchased the expansion trying to get back into it. But few newbie questions for those experts. First, missile behaviour seems to have changed in FC. Or the AI enemy in campaigns are just too damn good. I usually have to dispense all my missiles on one F16 to shoot it down. What's changed? Secondly, and this is more of tactical question. I manage okay in 1 vs 1 situation. But in 4 vs 4 engagement with AI wingman, I have problem effectively utilizing my wingman. It seems all 4 enemy fighters engage me and 3 of my AI fighters engage same 1 enemy fighter all at once. What would be the proper procedure in these type of 4 vs 4 engagement? I tried targeting each enemy and giving "attack my target" order to each wingman but it's so hard targeting each fighters when they're flying in close formation. There's gotta be better way. Oh and yea, I know that it is easier to engage multiple enemy with F15 but I'm talking mostly about russian fighters like Mig29 or Su27. Thanks in advance.

You need to split the bandits up first so that you can lock them up individually to assign to your wingnuts using the attack my target command. If you use radio commands to make your wingies split away left, right, up, down then the AI bandits will split up also to follow.

Practice with 2 v 2. Send your wingman off to one side, well before anyone is in firing range. Lock up the bandit that goes after him and order him to attack it. Then turn back into that same bandit yourself, hit the burners and also attack him. If you get it right you can engineer a temporary 2 v 1 in your favour as the 2nd bandit will be out of range to help the 1st bandit. Once he is dead you will have another 2 v 1 against the 2nd bandit.

Once you are comfortable with this, try it with more bandits.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....