Non working springloaded switches in OpenBeta 2.5.4.26368 (2019.01.16)

Zeus67

And don't come with stable / beta, no one is using stable.

Your statement is incorrect. The squadron I'm part of is only using the release version so we are not impacted by small bugs like this.

This sentence is so funny I don't know what to add :lol: .

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Sorry, but when I look at the MP serverbrowser and I see 10 servers in the stable, and 100+ in the beta, I'm asueming that the beta seems to be the important version and no one cares about the stable...

However, I still have the opinion that mistakes like that should not be allowed to happen. And that their would have been more important things to do.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Sorry, but when I look at the MP serverbrowser and I see 10 servers in the stable, and 100+ in the beta, I'm asueming that the beta seems to be the important version...

And you know for a fact that all the DCS users are flying in open multiplayer servers ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Sorry, but when I look at the MP serverbrowser and I see 10 servers in the stable, and 100+ in the beta, I'm asueming that the beta seems to be the important version...

While that is true, this shouldn't be of any concern to developers. Beta's intended use can be seen here.

And since we had this discussion ad nauseam here, I'm out.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Although this is off topic again (please point me in the right direction if you know the good thread to talk about that, I didn't find any), I'll try again to express what a lot of people seams to feel.

We all know what Beta is for. We understand errors and bugs can slip through. We are not debating that.

What does bother me alot here is the level of amateurism Razbam is displaying regarding their modules updates. Each time they produce something, it is breaking something else. We are talking Quality Control process failure here.

I am quoting : "Although this first goes through both internal and closed-external testing, it is possible for errors to slip through".

What is said here without having to spell things out is there is at least two more branches to the tree : Dev, Nightly Build and the two public ones Beta and Stable.

How such bugs as those debated here (motion speed, knobs doing weird stuff, secured swiches that can be actuated through their secure caps) have been through all those layers without been spotted by the "Test Team", if such thing exists at Razbam's?

Some of you guys are very conscilient with Razbam's way of doing things. I'm part of those who are tired of it and I have the right to express it without beeing thrown in the mud by you almight forum lords, nor beeing censored for saying it.

I don't expect you to understand, but as a customer, I expect more consideration.

In my last, already censored, comment on this forum, I was expressing concerns about Razbam's future. One could tell me they are doing fine and it is not of my business. But I can't stop thinking how will they do an Eagle E with so many complexe systems if they can't manage switches in the Mirage.

Once again, you are asking premium price for you products, please Razbam, deliver premium products. And please don't talk to me about other modules history, this should not be a race to the bottom. It's not because the others are lame that it should be a standard.

Thank you for having reading me.

Edited by 3rd Wing - Raiden

Hangon, just pulling the 'cliche' card....

Its a Beta build!

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I am quoting : "Although this first goes through both internal and closed-external testing, it is possible for errors to slip through".

What is said here without having to spell things out is there is at least two more branches to the tree : Dev, Nightly Build and the two public ones Beta and Stable.

How such bugs as those debated here […] have been through all those layers without been spotted by the "Test Team" ?

This is one question that need to be answered by Razbam.

Also, I think we reached a point where they promised so much and never kept their word that it becomes more and more difficult to be optimistic about the future. These questions are legimitates as we are customers and Razbam's backers.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

And another thread derailing.

Thanks

"Non working springloaded switches" please....

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks

You are right. Back to topic:

How such bugs as those debated here […] have been through all those layers without been spotted by the "Test Team" ?

This is one question that need to be answered by Razbam.

Also, I think we reached a point where they promised so much and never kept their word that it becomes more and more difficult to be optimistic about the future. These questions are legimitates as we are customers and Razbam's backers.

I would highly appreciate an answer from Razbam.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Thanks

To me the topic is "Hey Folks, we made a new update but it is unfortunately buggy (Non working springloaded switches), here's the way to fix it".

And we are discussing the "It's buggy" part.

If I was to open a new thread on this off-topic subject, it would go into a flame war in an instant, the topic would be closed and we would not be talking about it.

I would be very thankfull to anyone who can tell me how we can talk about this without it been censored or denigrated.

To me the topic is "Hey Folks, we made a new update but it is unfortunately buggy (Non working springloaded switches), here's the way to fix it".

And we are discussing the "It's buggy" part.

If I was to open a new thread on this off-topic subject, it would go into a flame war in an instant, the topic would be closed and we would not be talking about it.

I would be very thankfull to anyone who can tell me how we can talk about this without it been censored or denigrated.

I consider myself as an optimistic, because otherwise I would have drop the Mirage long time ago but when you love something it's difficult to drop it.

Anyway even if I'm positive, I agree with you, you're absolutely right when you say there is no quality controls and as custumer (60euros to remind you...) we deserve more consideration.

Let's hope they'll understand this time and that we'll have a nice free from bug overhaul.

Finger crossed !

I consider myself as an optimistic, because otherwise I would have drop the Mirage long time ago but when you love something it's difficult to drop it.

Anyway even if I'm positive, I agree with you, you're absolutely right when you say there is no quality controls and as custumer (60euros to remind you...) we deserve more consideration.

Let's hope they'll understand this time and that we'll have a nice free from bug overhaul.

Finger crossed !

Thanks for that, I am usualy optimistic and was a fervent supporter of Razbam, but with time, this support has fainted.

I am not asking for a 100% bug free module, no computer software can claim that. Just to have more Unit Tests (testing each function developed or modified) and do some Non-Regression Tests on the perimeter of the function. To confirme the new updates have not broken something else. That's basic 101 software development test principles and good practices.

Folks, the final fix was supposed to be released with the hotfix. Unfortunately that did not happen so we must wait until next release.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Good to know.

The fix also tweeks the switch speed movement? The actual one is a little slow.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Good to now.

The fix also tweeks the switch speed movement? The actual one is a little slow.

Yes.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."