Would you pay for DCS?

dali

Would you pay for DCS?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for DCS?

• Yes
    • No

possibly, but its not the root of the problem, you are buying something that yes I have used, on the understanding that it will be finished, as in E.A/pre-sales, otherwise you would release a finished article bug free that I would buy, part of the sales plan is to that order, you pay now get bugs but ill finish it.....promise.

I feel if too much carries on not being finished and bugged all the time, then modules will stop being bought, its not a good practise to constantly have bugged goods.

you are in effect paying the wage in advance and it seems to be working, so if it aint broke?

possibly, but its not the root of the problem, you are buying something that yes I have used, on the understanding that it will be finished, as in E.A/pre-sales, otherwise you would release a finished article bug free that I would buy, part of the sales plan is to that order, you pay now get bugs but ill finish it.....promise.

I feel if too much carries on not being finished and bugged all the time, then modules will stop being bought, its not a good practise to constantly have bugged goods.

you are in effect paying the wage in advance and it seems to be working, so if it aint broke?

There are plenty of modules which are finished. Most of the finished modules have temperature controls and windshield defrost buttons working. Once and if function of windshield frosting comes to DCS, it will rise new problem - implementation to these "done" modules. Thats what I am talking about. Early Accesss is different. Its like a deal that they will work on it, but on the finished modules, there is no deal. Actually I never pre-purchase since Fallout 4 happend to me.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Keep Replies On Topic and Clean,

Personal Insults are not needed to answer a question nor state an opinion.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Of course I would pay for DCS.

Still surprised they offer so much for free.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

For me, the question would mostly be one of transparency. For instance, if ED pitched their approach and scope for the new wheather system, what they plan, how many engineers (including hiring additional devs), time and how much money it probably cost etc., then this core platform inprovement could be financed by voluntary contribution. Depending on how much ''crowdfunding'' that particular platform update garners, the bigger, more high fidelty it ends up being and the faster it sees the light of day. Especially those folks that buy all modules ever released to support ED so the sim gets better and better, would actually get what they really want. On the other hand, those folks get a nice thank you by ED for supporting all the platform improvements in the form of at least access to all modules. Hard to tell what most actually prefer.

But, with money accepted comes responsibility, and platform improvements should go faster then right now. This ''improvement pitch'' crowdfunding thingy would give folks that want to specifically spend money on improving the platform side of things a way to do so directly. And ED would become a bit more liable for getting things in the game in a timely manner. Dedicated servers, how long did it take to get this finally happening? :)

Making this a paid module would run into the same issues like all map packs and dlc that usually split communities. With the downside that you needed to maintain more than one wheather, atc ...whatever system, with all the downside to multiplayer and such.

But, ED themselves release one to two aircraft modules per year, and most of those actually bring in new tech that improves the overall sim. Thus modules (including maps) and platform tech go hand in hand and one without the other might actually be detrimental.

You guys remember Mustangs map texture 3.0, which did not end up being a paid module, but was released for free once a certain amount of voluntariy contribution was met? Thats the precedent i was thinking of.

Mustang

Edited by sc_neo

For me, the question would mostly be one of transparency. For instance, if ED pitched their approach and scope for the new wheather system, what they plan, how many engineers (including hiring additional devs), time and how much money it probably cost etc., ...

Never going to happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No option for "already have".

One of the early original funders of the 1C(?) effort for the WWII aircraft that ED took over (thank you so much!) when it started to founder.

Still waiting for my lovely P-47 and ME-262. However, not concerned about delivery, nor is this a complaint post. Just signifying I did jump in on the original Go Fund Me effort to get these aircraft in the sim. I would do it again, in relation to new content or significant overhauls.

Still, these funding efforts shouldn't exceed the cost of a high end module around $50 to $100.00 USD.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• ED Team

You guys contribute with each module purchase, this is more than enough to keep us going and we appreciate it. We like the model we have right now with the free core game and DLC addons. Lets everyone get what they want out of the sim.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png