Top Posters In This Topic

Version 4 Only Version being supported now

LHA MOD plain decks All Ships

001-2018-jul-18-003.jpg

001-2018-jul-18-004.jpg

001-2018-jul-18-005.jpg

001-2018-jul-21-004.jpg

001-2018-jul-18-012.jpg

OK please make sure that if you use this mod that you don't use the Tawara for live players, only AI at the moment. These ships work for players and AI. AI will takeoff in Hover mode as long as the weapons load out and fuel loadout is at least 50%. ED should have a fix soon for the AI aircraft hopefully soon.

1. Cleared the deck of the LHA's, so you can add your own scenery. (If that will work) not sure.

2. Moved aircraft spawn spots back on deck.

3 AI Harriers will park on the front part of the deck...

Note All ships have clear decks and I even had the Tarawa in the same mission with no Problems...All ships have their own named files now...

Download Link:

SEE THE 1ST POST FOR UPDATED VERSION 4

Install here:

C:\Users\Joe's PC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech

MAKE SURE TO REMOVE ANY OTHER VERSION 1st...Don't overwrite....have fun!

Edited by uscstaylor

Thanks for this awesome Mod!!!!:thumbup:

I am already using if for our Virtual Squadron multiplayer campaing.

Just to add a curious note, I needed for my scenario the capability to operate Harriers from the Tarawa since I needed the Tarawa Tacan function but at the same time I needed to operate helicopters from another deck.(no additional TACAN needed for this one)

I have discovered that if I use the default Tarawa plus for instance just the USS Nassau from your MOD pack, both work very good and the landing gear bug or floating issues does not happen.

As you know if I install all the MOD ships and I suspect specially the Essex, then the bug happens.

But so far with loading just the MOD of the USS Nassau, I can operate in the same scenario with the default Tarawa without any conflict. Tested in MP enviroment with no flaw.

Thanks for this awesome MOD :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback it's always appreciated. :thumbup:

Suntag - has anyone noticed that the lcac has limited range. If you place them say 4 miles off shore and have them head to the beach they will go for a will at 6 knots then stop. You can manually get them going again but they will run for a while then stop again.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

I have just revisited this beautiful Mod and did what Furia did. I added only the Nassau to my Saved Games>DCS World OpenBeta>etc.>etc.

I then created a quick test mission on the PG map put a client flown Hip on the Nassau and a client flown Harrier on the Tarawa. The Harrier spawned with me in it without incident! thumbup.gif

Unfortunately, this is what I found when spawning on the Nassau:

Nassau%20and%20Hip_zpsy6gb5ilt.jpg

Edited by AG-51_Razor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also tried to start it up and found that, as the blades began to turn, they stopped when they came in contact with the island - as you would expect them to.

Is it possible to place the spawn points for the helicopters out on the spots that are intended for that purpose, or is that an ED thing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suntag - has anyone noticed that the lcac has limited range. If you place them say 4 miles off shore and have them head to the beach they will go for a will at 6 knots then stop. You can manually get them going again but they will run for a while then stop again.

Hi gunterland,

Yes there has been a change to the behaviour of all amphibious vehicles in DCS ie AAV7 etc and what you are describing is happening with all of them unfortunately. It must be something ED have changed or is in the process of changing in the main code. Until that changes, nothing more can be done I'm afraid.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Guys I don't fly Helo's all that much I can try to move the spawn points back more to see if that will help but I will need a tester to see if it will work....I know that all AI planes are waiting for ED to fix them not sure about AI helos..Let me know

OK Guys

Here's a test for all you Helo Pilots. I took the Nassau and moved the spawn points back further. Please take out the Nassau from your game and add this one then re-run your mission to see if the Helos props spin...Take screen shots from far and close so I can see your helo thanks guys!

If its OK for Helo then Ill change all spawn points for all the LHA's and put up the up date. The Harriers spawn in fine...

****NOTE******

I could only place 3 MI-8s on the deck they are too big to have 4 but the smaller Helos where fine...You need to lighten their payload and weight to get the AI helo's to take off. Hopefully ED will fix the AI problems with helo's and aircraft...AI Helo's will not land on back on boats at least I couldnt get them too, but I'm no master at the ME....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0dscvpkbe37ft2/USS%20Nassau%204_Test.rar

001-2018-jul-23-013.jpg

001-2018-jul-23-014.jpg

001-2018-jul-23-015.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor

Do I take it that you are able to move the spawn points on the deck longitudinally but not laterally?

Yes Razor, your correct buddy!

Why not?

You should be able to place them wherever you want.

Even inside the hanger deck.

Or on top of the superstructure......:D

All you need is a collision shell.....

It is only code position numbers. F/b, u/d, l/r

Although the helicopter spawn points can be tricky.

Have you tried changing the L/R?

If you spawn on the LOWER deck on the other hand.......

It would need a collision shell, Not too much work.....

But we need code to implement elevator lift/lower when a aircraft is on or close to.

The animation is working in sim.

But Me thinks the code comes with the new Carrier module.....

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

NP I tested it with about 4 different sets of Helos. they all took off but made a bee line for the closest Airbase if you don't have anything for them to do. The bigger the Helo then you can only get 3 ships on the deck due to them being moved back on spawn...but 98% of them you can have a 4 ship.

I will update and reload the first link with this latest version