MIG-15 cockpit gauges (Ikarus profile)

BravoYankee4

Not claiming to be the new Capt Z, but since there isn't anything out there for the old MIG I started to do my own. Very much work in progress, so no need to state the obvious with more or less rude comments.

The purpose of this post is more a hint of what is possible to do with the Ikarus software as a promotion.

Heinz is doing a great job, and the current beta version is a 0.986.

Perhaps there will be a completed version of this MIG-15 profile and perhaps I will share it then, if it ever gets completed and with a quality good enough.

MIG_15.thumb.jpg.ed81cecf1a996c44d6e49765125578f6.jpg

Yes, my bad. Of course I should have provided more details.

Ikarus is a simpit software that displays instruments and lamps etc. on a second monitor or second computer, pretty similar to what Helios does.

It is currently still in the Beta phase, but hopefully there will be a final release soon. I’m not associated with the developers, but have contributed to the beta testing.

Ikarus is the successor to the HawgTouch software, but with some additional features. Unlike Helios almost every module has native support and the software is active and developed as we speak.

So my point was that it is possible to have exported instruments and that it is indeed possible to do awesome cockpits with the new features.

As a reference I have attached a picture of a plain cockpit with no frames, background or overlays for your comparison.

MIG-21.png.a392335b31a60e7aca59b8ffb16f92d8.png

Thank you BravoYankee4 for your promotion. Ikarus is almost finished and is now very stable with a good performance. That was our common goal.

Nice work. Go on ...

Heinz

Intel i7 3930k | 16 GB | GTX 980 | TrackIR 5 Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind| Win 10 x64 |

Simpit Software by SDA"SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus A Cockpit Designer
  • DCS ExportScript

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC

https://github.com/s-d-a/Ikarus

https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts

Ikarus forum thread

BravoYankee4

I use Ikanus for the F86 with the standard Ikanus pit. I am thinking of getting the Mig 15 this weekend and would appreciate if you would send me your Mig 15 Ikanus even though it is a WIP. It looks good enough to me. Thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

BravoYankee4

I use Ikanus for the F86 with the standard Ikanus pit. I am thinking of getting the Mig 15 this weekend and would appreciate if you would send me your Mig 15 Ikanus even though it is a WIP. It looks good enough to me. Thanks.

There are a few more things I want to add, but then you can get it.