Jabbers' Christen Eagle 2 by Leatherneck Simulations - Review

Jabbers_

Thanks for your review! Great stuff - as always.

It gives me the strong feeling that I was right, when I didn't like this mod from the very beginning.

But whoever likes it - have fun! :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I agree with you on the sound issue. IIRC M3 made a big statement that the CEII was chosen in order to learn more about piston engine planes to get the F4U right. I expected that would lead to a complex piston engine simulation with the CEII. Looking at the engine starting behavior in your video it seems obvious there is no complex simulation behind it at all. It's just engine off - starting sound - engine on.

The email review copy sent to me was quite clear in stating "by Leatherneck Simulations" Either way you all know who it is.

That's interesting though, I wonder why they have a parent company called Magnitude 3 LLC but still refer to Leatherneck Simulations. Maybe legal requirement after split with heatblur.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's interesting though, I wonder why they have a parent company called Magnitude 3 LLC but still refer to Leatherneck Simulations. Maybe legal requirement after split with heatblur.

As it was explained to me

Leatherneck is brand, Magnitude 3 is parenting company name.

Leatherneck Simulations is also more recognizable. Thats why I used it in email.

So basically, both are correct ;)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

At the end it's all going to be Leatherneck Simulations. It's brand / trademark, but has to be registered. We are simply awaiting our registered trademark approval now, before ED will change this on the forums, and we will be back to LS for all our DCS products. I know it's a bit confusing.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7