Steam store VS DCS store

Xanix

As an DCS World supporter, I've bought all my modules from the Eagle Dynamics store. The option was, Steam store or ED store... I've chosen, support the developers (no steam cut).

I've been away some time from DCS. Some days ago, I've read the great news; Steam buyers can 'link' the addons to DCS stand alone now...

ED buyers as me, can't have a similar option. No 'link' from Eagle Dynamics to Steam; a simple no!

I've paid full price for the modules. Steam players could/can have bought/buy the modules'on sale' and also be rewarded, with this new option. I've also bought some modules on Steam. The (almost all modules) collection I have from ED, can't be used on Steam... the incoming F-14 module included.

The 'Hawk' I have was bought from the ED store. Soon, it's going to be removed from the simulator. ED also don't aknowledge any responsability; it's not ED fault. If ED was capable of selling the module, it should find a way to support/resolve the situaltion with the developers, for the benefit of the players. Of course, nothing will be done!

MAC; sooner or latter is going to be released. Is ED planing to make me buy all addons again? 'New' product... 'new' money?

I'm an old and faithfull client; I find this situation really disrespectfull. Some years ago, Eagle Dynamics would not have taken decisions like this ones. Player since the good old DOS Flanker.

Regards to all,

Me

Sales happens on ED store as well. So i don't see the point here.

I think you are a bit confused. How is ED going to force you to buy MAC? It's a product for new players just like FC3 is, or for those who want to jump in right in the action without spending 10-15 minutes turning a plane on. Did FC3 force you to buy all addons again? No it did not.

As an DCS World supporter, I've bought all my modules from the Eagle Dynamics store. The option was, Steam store or ED store... I've chosen, support the developers (no steam cut).

I've been away some time from DCS. Some days ago, I've read the great news; Steam buyers can 'link' the addons to DCS stand alone now...

ED buyers as me, can't have a similar option. No 'link' from Eagle Dynamics to Steam; a simple no!

I've buyed all modules from ED store to support ED, like you did.

Mixing your purchases from ED and Steam isn't a good idea. That's not hard to understand (at least for me, because I'm working in IT).

And I think the "simple no" came from Steam and not ED.

Migrating your modules from Steam to ED doesn't cost Steam anything. It is just a gift from ED. But who should pay Steam the fees if ED migrate all your module licenses to Steam?

There are some points I can critism ED for, but not for this.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN