2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

For those that would rather see it posted in the forums...

EDIT: I now see it in the announcement section, but has a December 27th posting??

That was the reason why I first thought there'd be no news today... I don't check the web page or my spam container (at least not that often). probably Chizh has some well deserved time off and NineLine just edited the stuff into is posts that he made as a placeholder.

But what's in there now is a whole truckload of great things to come, just missing the weather rework as well, but it could be worse fsgrin.png

Can't even decide what to look forward to the most... rdlaugh.png

I hope they'll add the deck crew and the whole "life" thing even if you don't buy the carrier module which seems to be focussed on actually controlling the CV by yourself (air boss, LSO etc). But anyway I'd get that module. Just don't want so see something kinda split up into two classes like they did with the WWII assets.

BTW, please don't call that module "F-16C Viper". The other one isn't called "F/A-18C Bug" either - even if that's pilot's jargon, it's still the (Fighting) Falcon dealwithit.png

By the way, I'm excited for the imminent MiG-19P release... now I know why RAZBAM is so silent lately, haven't seen their monthly update video yet rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The Newsletter sounds very promising and only if half of it is one in 2019 it would be awesome.

For myself the most required feature is a good dedicated server software (perhaps for linux :) ) and a working in-game audio communication. sRs is not bad but to many people have problems with it and also I believe the integration with encrypted comm settings makes the flight models even more realistic. But if I could choose my top priority I would go for a stable server software and a better voice communication.

DCS 2.5 Open Beta Nevada - Golf - A-10C - AV-8BNA - CA - F-15C - F/A-18C - Ka-50 - MiG-29 SA342 - Su-25T - SU-33 - TF-51D - UH-1H - :pilotfly:!

Windows 10 Prof - Ryzen 2700X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING - Palit GeForce Super JeStream 1080 TI on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440 - 32GB RAM @ 3200Mhz - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Saitek Pedals - 2 x 7" LCD behind Thrustmaster MFDs

So that map picture, anybody knows where this is?

attachment.php?attachmentid=200721&stc=1&d=1545896021

Edit: Port Stanley, right?

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

This part of the newsletter is the best and is most reassuring to see in writing, in my personal opinion!

And I agree, these are the "foundation items" of DCS World, as these items greatly affect the overall user experience in whichever module, era, or map a customer prefers to use in the World of DCS.

+1 on that! :thumbsup:

I think at some point, no matter how many add-ons you add to a system (new aircraft in DCS, for instance), it just won't satisfy customers anymore, then it's time to have a pause and focus on consolidating the base components of a system to make it stable and more "welcoming" to the add-ons. I've seen that several times in big projects. It's never easy when there are so many intertwined features, of course, and it's too easy for customers to get fixated on the one specific feature they want and that hasn't been addressed yet :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• ED Team
Yeah, I'm curious about that as well. When looking at the forums, I see an update ... and no, it's not an expected release, only the Steam transfer thread again :/

But then I don't see these stealthy updates... not sure why they do that now, it's very confusing (last time after the email newsletter, I though they had just forgotten to update the forums).

Will those dynamic campaigns exclusively for MP, and not for SP?

We had some team members on vacation, the Newsletters were created on those dates, and then edited and updated as needed, then moved to live on the required days.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, curious about the wake turbulence as well. Is this really already in the current open beta? And the newsletter says it's an option, do we have to enable it somewhere in the options menu?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I didn't see it was related to the Hornet, in the newletter it's in the DCS World category.

But it's said to be "Available now in the Open Beta and coming soon" (?!), so it's not clear whether it's in today's update or not (it's not in the log), I suppose it's not yet in the OB.

Or we'll have to test! :D

I'm curious to see if that's also perceived on the ground, it was a common mistake in X-Plane, and it was also slightly visible in one of the Tomcat videos but hopefully it was a false impression.

It's great news, this will make it more realistic for sure.

UPDATE

Wags' video clarifies this:

"As mentioned in today’s newsletter, one of the new features coming soon to DCS World will be wing tip vortices that cause turbulence. Still a Work in Progress (WIP), here is a little video showing the effect when flying in and out of them.

This will be applied to all aircraft, but naturally scale based on the aircraft type."

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I think people mean to say "Thanks for the wake turbulence! A great step forward!"

Uhm nope, I typed exactly what I meant.

Sure, but this isn't a wishlist thread, so enjoy what you have now, not too long ago you didn't have this coming.

Sorry sir, my apologies.

Mission Editor Templates

Creating accurate composition for unit groups like a Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) battery can be a bit complex and timely for new Mission builders. We recently added many new SAM templates to the Mission Editor that includes systems for the United States, Russia, Iran, and others.

This allows you to simply select a country and the SAM system, and place an entire battery with one mouse click.

Why do you tell us things you literally did in the past in the news letters instead of telling us about the changes and additions in the patch notes right away? derpyconfused.png

I spent lots of time just yesterday buildung up SAM sites... could've flown more if I had known that, but well now those have my personal design instead twi-notbad.png

Anyway, I'm totally glad about this addition, it was really overdue. Back in the LOMAC days I loved to put those "MSB 1980" and "MSB 1990" sites on the map to get nice target practicing ranges quickly... lots of targets right next to each other, that was ideal for weapons employment training for any kind of ordnance. More templates like those would be absolutely welcome twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today's newsletter subject looks a little odd, compared to the more thoughtful usual subject provided as "Weekend News":

ONqQpVW.png

But thanks for the info on the A10 cockpit update efforts (as well as the Ka-50) - really looking forward to this! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Today's newsletter subject looks a little odd, compared to the more thoughtful usual subject provided as "Weekend News":

ONqQpVW.png

But thanks for the info on the A10 cockpit update efforts (as well as the Ka-50) - really looking forward to this! :thumbup:

It is odd, it feels like deja-vu, it's been posted already I'm 99.9% sure, not a problem, just checking, there's probably an update to it, just using the same wording for the intro I guess.

EDIT: Dunno maybe I think I saw it yesterday late at night only on the site, not on the forum (as otherwise it wouldn't be highlighted) and well sleeplessness probably does things to you, but otherwise I'm staying good cycle, just sometimes I carry over a bit.

I am looking forward to this, I already bought 2 campaigns last year for A-10C also as a token of thanks, even tho I haven't even finished the boundled one, need to deal with the jets.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 1 month later...

I hope pre-purchase new carrier with deckcrew comes along today. Too have big fun with the F-18 and F-14! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Hi ED,

Why the new bug relative to F-14B by Heatblur (Crash to Desktop frequently due to Jester sound)

is not mentioned in the Newsletter...

And why it's not mentioned in Changelog has "Known Issues".

Because of that after upgrading, a lot of people have to revert to 2.5.4.28615.

:cry:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

About the newsletter itself: Can we have the classic topic of the email subject revert back to simply "Weekend News" (pretty please)?

The last few weeks changed that to some random subject, and today's subject looked really odd in my inbox: "Anton in Air".... I really miss the old "Weekend News" subject.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com