Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

So I finally got time to implement a proper parking assignment system, it's working well for me, no more explosions. Parking assignment by itself seems to do nothing for the framerate, however the 'pruning' script I mentioned earlier does improve things dramatically.

Here's the file you'll need, it includes both fixes (parking & pruning):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bRwzZ0mBztqAgqH1mEf9-x4fvlU6gkY/view?usp=sharing

And here is the description from the README:

These two scripts fix various aspects of the MBot campaigns:

1. The campaign generates too many units and this leads to very poor DCS performance.

2. The campaign doesn't assign parking, so DCS often parks aircraft on top of each other .. causing chaos.

Installation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Inside this zip are an 'Init' folder and a 'Scripts' folder. The contents of these should be merged with

the existing 'Init' and 'Scripts' folder for the DCE campaign. For example, my campaign folder is:

C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta 2.5\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\FA18 over Caucasus-Multirole

Inside this folder are an 'Init' and a 'Scripts' folder. Paste the folders in this zip over those

folders, overwriting any files that are already there.

2. Inside the scripts folder locate the file MAIN_NextMission.lua and open it in a text editor (for example

Notepad++).

Search for the line containing:

dofile("Scripts/ATO_FlightPlan.lua")

And *underneath* that line add:

dofile("Scripts/ATO_Parking.lua")

THEN search for the line:

dofile("Scripts/DC_Briefing.lua")

and underneath that line add:

dofile("Scripts/DC_Prune.lua")

3. Run the FirstMission.bat or the SkipMission.bat to generate a new mission. Until you've done that the

changes won't have any effect.

4. Fly your new mission and hopefully enjoy a faster, less exploding, DCS.

Edited by Tomsk

So I finally got time to implement a proper parking assignment system, it's working well for me, no more explosions. Parking assignment by itself seems to do nothing for the framerate, however the 'pruning' script I mentioned earlier does improve things dramatically.

Here's the file you'll need, it includes both fixes (parking & pruning):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bRwzZ0mBztqAgqH1mEf9-x4fvlU6gkY/view?usp=sharing

And here is the description from the README:

Great!! Thanks alot, it works perfectly.

Hey guys, I've been playing some of FALCAW's excellent conversion of the Desert Mirage campaign, and I've got a few questions. First, it looks like the initial internal fuel is wrong. Hornets are spawning with 65% fuel, which results in AI wingman flaming out. Changing the fuel for all the hornet entries in db_loadouts.lua to 4875 seems to address the problem. Looks like the same error might be in Caucasus conversion as well, where fuel is set to 3165. Haven't tested that yet due to the Caucasus problems.

Also, do I understand correctly that comms are still broken in multiplayer? I understand this is broken on ED's side, but is there a better work around than loading every mission in editor prior to play? Can it be assigned again at time=1 by a trigger or script? Will easy radio act as a work around?

Finally, I like that the relevant freqs are automatically assigned to Ch. 1-4, but I'd really love if they could also be assigned to the same channels of the hornet's right side radio. I've looked through the luas some, but can't figure it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

There are 2 different F-18 now so may be the loadout is not the good one ? I didn' look at this but may be the new F-18 (lot 20) need more fuel to be at 100% ?

They do have different fuel quantities, as well as different chaff and flare numbers.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

With these dynamic campaigns, I get the attached message instead of a .txt debrief and a cmd prompt. Any thoughts? Would really love to get these working!

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=187711&d=1529170490

EDIT: I think the problem was the file path in the .cmp file if anyone is looking for a solution later

Edited by GoshawkBall

• 2 weeks later...
Is the scenery destruction working for you guys on the Persian Gulf map? It's not working for me for some reason :(

It seems to work perfectly for the Static Objects ... :thumbup:

I'm waiting for an airbase attack mission to see if buidings destruction works too on PG map :music_whistling:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

With these dynamic campaigns, I get the attached message instead of a .txt debrief and a cmd prompt. Any thoughts? Would really love to get these working!

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=187711&d=1529170490

It really seems to be a problem with the MissionScripting.lua modifications you have to do after each game update (or do a OvGME file to help you to do the modifications easier) look at the readme file :thumbup:

I'm waiting for an airbase attack mission to see if buidings destruction works too on PG map :music_whistling:

Static object destruction seems to be inconsistent (almost said hit or miss) in Nevada as well. We have been Bombing Creech every third mission and keep coming back to destroy the fuel tanks and ammo storage and the building are all back next time we go. Other buioat Pahute stay destroyed. So not sure what is wrong, this worked before.

By static objects I actually meant the buildings. I did not mean vehicles. I meant the objects that are static on the map like fuel tanks, warehouses, and stuff like that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

For my bad english static objects could be too all the non moving, firing vehicles which are perfect to populate target area without overloading our processors :smilewink:

But I know that some buidings can be bugged because we had problems with them in Caucasus campaigns : some fuel tanks and other supply building were not destroyed in the next mission :huh:

The question is : are there some of this bugged buildings in PG map or is the destruction script not working for all buildings ?

I suppose you found the answer but may be updates can change this :(

I hope I will have buildings to destroy soon in my PG campaign to see what happens ...

Is the AWACS broken for anyone else? It seems like one of the recent DCS updates did break the AWACS functionality in the DCE. :(

For my bad english static objects could be too all the non moving, firing vehicles which are perfect to populate target area without overloading our processors :smilewink:

But I know that some buidings can be bugged because we had problems with them in Caucasus campaigns : some fuel tanks and other supply building were not destroyed in the next mission :huh:

The question is : are there some of this bugged buildings in PG map or is the destruction script not working for all buildings ?

I suppose you found the answer but may be updates can change this :(

I hope I will have buildings to destroy soon in my PG campaign to see what happens ...

I've tested this quite a bit now in my PG campaign and have mixed results. I have not managed to get fuel tanks to be permanently destroyed, but it worked on some warehouses.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've tested this quite a bit now in my PG campaign and have mixed results. I have not managed to get fuel tanks to be permanently destroyed, but it worked on some warehouses.

I think there is something special with the fueltanks, they won´t stay dead for some reason (for the map objects). Static objects are those you add in the mission editor and can be viewed in the game with F12. They will stay dead as far as I know.

I think there is something special with the fueltanks, they won´t stay dead for some reason (for the map objects). Static objects are those you add in the mission editor and can be viewed in the game with F12. They will stay dead as far as I know.

It can be a solution, not the best one for me because it's smarter to destroy on map object and you can't mix static objects and on map objects in the same target i think...

Why not two targets groups for one airbase : One with map objects that "accept" destruction (with coordinates) and another one for strategic static objects like Fuel tanks warehouses or other interesting static object not present near an airbases like hardened Command center or Communication center (with names) ?

It can be the solution.

The best would be to know what building don't accept precisely destruction to avoid to put them in the wrong target group !

Anything for the hornet operating off the carrier?

Take a look at page 74 of this thread.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here is the helper mission to get scenery coordinates. Put the trigger area over the scenery object(s) you want, then run the mission. A file called "SceneryFinder.lua" will be exported to your DCS folder with the x-y coordinates of all objects. The mission is for 2.0. For 1.5 you have to rebuild the mission with the script provided.

Is the Scenery Finder still working in 2.5.2.19157 Update 6?

I am getting the same message as Christofer was getting in post #412

I did double check and the MissionScripting.lua was edited so that is not the reason.

Failing that, has anybody used it to collect some target data from the Normandy Map and are they willing to share the data?

Edited by 71st_AH Rob

I think I found out what is wrong with map object damage. It's not the PG map that is making problems. The problem is that map object damage (e.g. fuel tanks and warehouses as targets at airbases), don't get registered by the DCE if the objects have been destroyed by clients in multiplayer coop. Only objects that are beeing destroyed by the host or by AI are accounted for. :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think I found out what is wrong with map object damage. It's not the PG map that is making problems. The problem is that map object damage (e.g. fuel tanks and warehouses as targets at airbases), don't get registered by the DCE if the objects have been destroyed by clients in multiplayer coop. Only objects that are beeing destroyed by the host or by AI are accounted for. :(

That's pretty consistent with what I've seen too.

• 2 weeks later...

Attention ! With the last PG map upgrade datas were modified and 2 new airbases added : here is the new db_airbases.lua needed to make DCE campaigns :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o85mdrl2qnws7cc/db_airbases_PG2.lua?dl=0

If it can help someone :smilewink:

Nota : a first PG campaign project (with M-2000C as usual) should come soon (I'm testing it :thumbup: )

Attention ! With the last PG map upgrade datas were modified and 2 new airbases added : here is the new db_airbases.lua needed to make DCE campaigns :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o85mdrl2qnws7cc/db_airbases_PG2.lua?dl=0

If it can help someone :smilewink:

Thanks, I really appreciate it! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

@QuiGon : I tryed to use your ATO_FlightPlan.lua file to put AI FA-18C on CVN Stennis in the PG. The planes never appear as static planes on the CVN but that's not a ploblem. My second mission was planned with 2 FA-18C in SEAD support. The 2 planes appeared on the deck and I was nearly enjoying this new possibility but Number 1 tryed to move and stopped immediatly and the 2 planes never moved again :(

Don't know why ...