Supercarrier Price - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #41
Chaogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty44 View Post
What I don't understand is why Hornet owners expect an extra discount? I mean, who else do they expect to buy the Supercarrier, MIG-17 owners?

We can land this bad boy soon!

https://www.vnao-cvw-7.com/

I think the Discount for Hornets isnt just about being nice to Hornet pilots. It makes business sense to try and sell Hornets as well as carriers.

To your point. Which other module owners are going to buy the Carrier Module if they can't use it, which is what I asked in the other thread? I'm willing to say that the majority of Tomcat Owners also have the Hornet. Therefor if all the potential buyers get a discount then no-one gets a discount. If anything it should be the other way around. People buying the carrier to support ED should get a discount, since they can't use it.
Chaogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #42
RAF_JAGUAR

It is not rocket science.

1. It will be released sometime in the future when it is ready to be, by the end of Q1 2020 according to the news release.

2. The price is yet to be announced.

3. A pre order discount will be offered.

4. F-18 module owners will be offered a discount but not as well as the pre order discount.

What else would you exactly like to know? What colour underwear the chief developer wears on a Tuesday maybe? ED give out far more info and give it out on a far more regular basis than many others. Yes they are trying to sell a product to a niche and smaller market than the likes of Codemasters etc, but cut them a break, flaming them does noone any good.
RAF_JAGUAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #43
Dusty44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaogen View Post
To your point. Which other module owners are going to buy the Carrier Module if they can't use it, which is what I asked in the other thread? I'm willing to say that the majority of Tomcat Owners also have the Hornet. Therefor if all the potential buyers get a discount then no-one gets a discount. If anything it should be the other way around. People buying the carrier to support ED should get a discount, since they can't use it.
The top line of my comment was someone elses quote i messed up!
Dusty44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #44
WOPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF_JAGUAR View Post

4. F-18 module owners will be offered a discount but not as well as the pre order discount.

This is an assumption, it was not stated in the news letter. Based on past history I would say you have a better 50% chance of being right, but it is still an assumption. And ED's choice to not state their full intentions yet is their prerogative.

9L, Bignewy - you guys have been incredibly patient with the useless comments about "whiners" that don't add anything at all to a discussion or address customer concerns.
WOPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:53 PM   #45
kengou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
This is an assumption, it was not stated in the news letter. Based on past history I would say you have a better 50% chance of being right, but it is still an assumption. And ED's choice to not state their full intentions yet is their prerogative.
Nineline confirmed this on Discord.

Hangar: A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14 | F-15C | F-16C | F-5E II | F/A-18C | FW-190D-9 | JF-17 | KA-50 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | MiG-29 | P-51D | UH-1H | SU-27 | SU-33

Cockpit: CH Fighterstick | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5
kengou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #46
WOPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengou View Post
Nineline confirmed this on Discord.

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Most of us can't follow the message traffic on the discord channel 100% of the time.
WOPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:45 PM   #47
NineLine
Community Manager

We should have everything pricing and discount wise clarified in the next newsletter.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #48
MonnieRock

Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
We should have everything pricing and discount wise clarified in the next newsletter.
Thanks ED. Anxiously awaiting the updated information
Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/30cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb
MonnieRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:30 AM   #49
AMEDooley

Sorry but not knowing what the discount for the Hornet owners is a bit ridiculous since we already know the pre order discount. Those should have been decided together since the company stated long ago that Hornet owners will get a discount. Honestly the discount should be the same, if not more. Then you will get more people to buy the Hornet and the super carrier. Makes the most business sense in my opinion.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:48 AM   #50
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMEDooley View Post
Sorry but not knowing what the discount for the Hornet owners is a bit ridiculous since we already know the pre order discount. Those should have been decided together since the company stated long ago that Hornet owners will get a discount. Honestly the discount should be the same, if not more. Then you will get more people to buy the Hornet and the super carrier. Makes the most business sense in my opinion.
There were just some final decisions on discounts and bundles and such, Pre-Order hasn't started, so there was still time to get it ironed out. Not sure how ridiculous that is.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discount, price, supercarrier