DCS on two computers

My appologies if I failed to ask on the right place, but this is a rather odd question. :D

I have two computers:

Got an old Alienware Aurora R4, (core i7, 16GB, 1 Tera, GTX 1080, GTX 780) long ago, bought an Occulus Rift, and since it works with any program except DCS, I save a couple pennies and got a Helios Predator 500, (i7, 36GB 1 tera, GTX 1070).

So, I'm waiting for the new DCS Online Server Software to come out, and in the meantime I'm designing missions for a possible future server.

I have to compromise every time I play a mission and reduce the quality to avoid the VR, acting up.

The question is: given that a complex mission is a bit too heavy for either computer, if I use them in network with one as server and the other as client, do I get better results, since they would be sharing the workload?

I know the question sounds dumb, but a "yes" is not necessary self evident for somebody who knows so little. Wise is who in doubt asks, though.

Thanks in advance. :huh:

The question is: given that a complex mission is a bit too heavy for either computer, if I use them in network with one as server and the other as client, do I get better results, since they would be sharing the workload?

I've two PCs at home, the weakest run as a DCS dedicated server and the fastest is where I usually play DCS with. I've not noticed a better performance of DCS when running a Mission hosted on the server, versus running in single player, so the answer to your question would be no.

Sorry.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, I have a doubt in this two computer matter:

Me and my son both play DCS, we like diferente planes, i'm more in helicopters and he on F-18 carrier ops.

Due I have a powerfull pc than is laptop and a bigger screen

My question his: Can he use my PC and log with is DCS Steam account (I'm a DCS standalone) and play with is F-18 when I'm not using my PC?

What must he do?

Just login in his Steam and his DCS accound and after that he can download/install his planes to my PC?

And then when I want to fly I log in my DCS accound

Thanks for the help

[Edit]

Just tried, it works ;)

Edited by vhsousa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]