FC 2.0?? su27 vs f15???

Your new, basicaly is referrence about a few giant threads that gone in these boards, years and months ago about how you could do certain things where LOMAC code was flawed and often people reply "how do you know it isnt like this IRL?" for the sake of their convenience. Has been detrimental for the SIM.

most used and now worn excuse.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx, I need to remind myself, "stay away from this" or else I will be dragged down and defeated with experience by the 13th time :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Everybody on this earth knows that su27 is better than the any USAF jet.....i belive the reason is cos of big USA market, they rulzzz ;)

Should've Quit while you were ahead, M8 ;)

Cannot seem to Hide your Bitterness well, eh? Oh Well, Each to their Own.....As unfortunate as it is to have to Witness your Stellar attempt at Provocation and Trolling, I leave you with a Request: Be Sure to Link us with your Rant-Thread that's sure to Pop up come 2.0 when someone Shoves a Slammer up your A$$....Repeatedly! Sure to be a Hoot :megalol:

It's True what they say - It's All About the Pilot ;)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I trust that the people working on LO 2 will do the best they can with limited time/resources available to patch Lock On until ED work on DCS:Fighter. You can't fix everything so... All I care is that reality takes precedence over game balance. Game balance is why the F-15 got gimped in the first place. I will leave it in ED's very capable hands, and the people kind enough to help them as testers, to include what they feel is best for now. All planes are getting some adjustments here and there, not just the F-15. Sure, perhaps the Russian fighters could use more, but then so could the F-15 and A-10. It is already pretty much set as to what is getting updated, I am sure it was hard decision. Just remember that what we are really looking for in terms of realism will come hopefully with DCS.

One thing is right, after LO 2 comes out some people will be let down and complain further. I will go ahead, gladly pay for the only modern flightsim that is actually seeing release, and thank my lucky stars. Then wait patiently for DCS: Fighter and give constructive criticism where I can.

• Like 1

This isn't a game like an RTS where each specific aircraft has a max DPS (damage per second) and if forced to fight each other in perfect conditions one would ALWAYS triumph over the other. You have the human factor that is quite possibly the largest contribution to victory in a merge. So what if your aircraft has a higher turning rate, if you make a mistake and lost, that is YOUR fault. The funny part is no matter how good you might say the F15 is now, or whether it is or isn't better in FC2, you will still find players flying all of the other aircraft just as much. The F15 will not magically become the only fighter people fly.

Just curious, at what point does 380+ pages of complaints toward F-15 bias nullify the bias toward Russian birds that caused 380+ pages of complaining in the first place? I'm not saying the Russian aircraft don't need any improvements, (ripple rate/quantity on fighters for better multirole!). I'm just pointing out that complaining about bias the way you are doing it, is caused more by your own bias than for being neutral and just pointing it out.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Things are getting bizarre around here, the F-15 in 1.12 is already more powerful than the Flanker yet its getting even more power in 2.0.

I don't want to hear my fellow Flanker pilots turn into the Eagle fanboys and start hooting like babies, just hurry up with the update and bring them on in their shiny new uber supped up spaceship so I can feel even better when I knock them on their overdeveloped ass.

They might beat me bad but they'll never bring me down to their level. :)

• Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

just a friendly reminder:

the f-16 owns everything except for the enterprise... to deal with the enterprise and the ufos you need an f-22 which let me remind you AGAIN since it looks like you guys have short term memory and forget this lesson every time a tread like this appear:

THE F-22 OWNS EVERYTHING EVEN THE UFOS AND THE ENTERPRISE FROM STAR-TREK; IT IS SOOOOO GOOD THAT EVEN OWNS the ship that destroyed the planet Bulcano!

uh... forgot that the Russians just came up with their own stealth fighter, but don't worry the f-22 is also going to pown the t-50 since the f-22 it is even better than the Enterprise

The F-22 project was cancelled last summer. It's not going to own anything except shelf space in the archives.

The Flanker is trully a badass aircraft. Having worked in military intel and having to know the capabilities of our own aircraft and the opposition aircraft, I can tell you that the Eagle really IS a more powerful aircraft when it comes to overall air superiority.

While there are some close in performance gains in the Flanker, the goal is to never get that close. That's why the F-15 has the electronics suite that it does. F-15 pilots should only be close enough to see the explosion as the missile hits the opposing aircraft. F-15's cost to damned much to risk in a close in battle. Maximize the ability to obtain the kill from a standoff distance.

Heroism was left behing in lieu of increasing the chance of winning from a distance.

If they ever put every detail of the F-15C's capabilities into the game, then there'd really be no point to fly another aircraft unless more modern versions of the Flanker and MiG were included. Be glad they didn't model in the electronic capabilities of the F-15E and limited the available capabilities of the F-15C.

Also remember this: Just becuase an aircraft has an advantage doesn't mean it's going to win the fight. The pilots of the Flankers and MiG know the capabilities of the opposing aircraft and also have been trained how to combat them. Going head on into a fight for a close in pass and then gun fighting or using short range missiles are generally not at the top of the list.

Edited by Total
  • Like 1

Friendly reminder: According to RL charts, enteprise pwns everything except for the 'villain of the day' and the 'big boss' that blows it up in ever movie or every time-loop retcon episode.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Friendly reminder: According to RL charts, enteprise pwns everything except for the 'villain of the day' and the 'big boss' that blows it up in ever movie or every time-loop retcon episode.

GG, you forgot to mention WHICH Enterprise. They are all different and unique in their capabilities. And that is leaving out the crew! Btw, Picard>Kirk

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

acording to RL charts my granny... show me those chart until then you are talking bologna, the f-22 owns everything even Zeus would be afraid of messing with the raptor plz:harhar:

Against all odds this thread somehow managed to find a way to be more nerdy than people arguing over aircraft performance specs in a simulator. I salute you all! :D

Also, the Galactica > Enterprise. :P

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

GG and others, it's pointless to try to prove some people wrong....they will never get it.

This discussion remind me of this picture :)

original.aspx

• Like 3

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

The F-22 project was cancelled last summer. It's not going to own anything except shelf space in the archives.

The Flanker is trully a badass aircraft. Having worked in military intel and having to know the capabilities of our own aircraft and the opposition aircraft, I can tell you that the Eagle really IS a more powerful aircraft when it comes to overall air superiority.

While there are some close in performance gains in the Flanker, the goal is to never get that close. That's why the F-15 has the electronics suite that it does. F-15 pilots should only be close enough to see the explosion as the missile hits the opposing aircraft. F-15's cost to damned much to risk in a close in battle. Maximize the ability to obtain the kill from a standoff distance.

Heroism was left behing in lieu of increasing the chance of winning from a distance.

If they ever put every detail of the F-15C's capabilities into the game, then there'd really be no point to fly another aircraft unless more modern versions of the Flanker and MiG were included. Be glad they didn't model in the electronic capabilities of the F-15E and limited the available capabilities of the F-15C.

Also remember this: Just becuase an aircraft has an advantage doesn't mean it's going to win the fight. The pilots of the Flankers and MiG know the capabilities of the opposing aircraft and also have been trained how to combat them. Going head on into a fight for a close in pass and then gun fighting or using short range missiles are generally not at the top of the list.

Lol. Too bad your "military intelligence" didn't tell you that it was "extra" aircraft for the F-22 program was canceled and there there are 187 F-22s *already* built or planned to waste taxpayer dollars.

Incidentally, the most powerful aircraft out there in terms of killability is the actually the 747 Anti-Ballistic Missile platform which can kill any aircraft/missile optically or thermally visible within around 200 km. Its no fighter but can waste anything else in the air.

For the Russian fans of their stealth fighter. Mega yawn. Considering your prototype is taking its first flights only recently you are quite behind the technological times and your government can't afford very many (certainly not 187). Stop being gimps about this on these forums. You are a significant regional power now not a global one. Britain, France, Germany, Spain, etc ... had to make the transition from global power to regional ones. It is inevitable that this will happen to you given your relatively poor economy and Rule of Law etc. (which discourages global investors). So please stop wasting money on weapons as is not particularly clever. Spend money on social programs, infrastructure, fighting corruption and also play to your awesome strengths in science and culture. Then the world will sit up and take more notice of you - not with unsophisticated Cro Magnon knob-swinging braggadocio.

With regards to the UFO debate etc. Amusing but pretty off-topic. I guess we're all tired of other silliness in these threads with people coming out with daft comments based on an incomplete understanding of relative flight envelopes and aerodynamics of real aircraft (possibly from listening to breathless propaganda from governments, aerospace companies, and the barely-informed mass media). However, ED forums and software have always been striving for improving the fidelity of simulations and the understanding of their users. Perhaps we shouldn't go too far with the tongue-in-cheek stuff as it cheapens the other good stuff in this thread. It's ok to be wrong as heaps of people on these forums will post and correct your understanding, provided the debate doesn't get skewed too far off-topic.

Edited by Moa
  • Like 1

Well Groove, no offence, but I hope you are wrong. I hope people want realism first. These are simulators after all, Leave multiplayer balance for Quake and the like.

I have heard stories about people in these forums complain about the strength of the F-15, and that is why the FC patch 1.12 lowered the speed of the AIM-120. To appease people for game balance. So, don't worry about making everyone happy, which is impossible, strive for realism instead please ED. For the record, I am no fan boy of any plane type. I am just as happy with any sim about any modern jet fighter.

• Like 1

Well Groove, no offence, but I hope you are wrong. I hope people want realism first. These are simulators after all, Leave multiplayer balance for Quake and the like.

I have heard stories about people in these forums complain about the strength of the F-15, and that is why the FC patch 1.12 lowered the speed of the AIM-120. To appease people for game balance. So, don't worry about making everyone happy, which is impossible, strive for realism instead please ED. For the record, I am no fan boy of any plane type. I am just as happy with any sim about any modern jet fighter.

Yes, just make it as realistic as you can with the information (and CPU power) you have available.

ps. F15 should be better than Flanker considering the amount of money spent on it, its missiles, radar, avionics, service infrastructure, training. The amazing thing is that the Flanker is nearly on parity despite being considerably cheaper.

This thread shows us what will happen when we get the first DCS Fighter Modules. I think most people aren't interested in realism. They are interested in having their favourite plane a equal chance against whichever opponent....

Yes lol, u are right, Flanker and MiG guys feel already owned by the F-15 in lockon. But when I look on the stats people fly most the SU-27 and MiG-29's on the server why? Because the like the ET`s and R-77`s, EOS, and don't like the poor performance from a AIM-120 thats a fact, the AIM-120 works not good in low or medium ALT.

And when u ask someone WHY he is not useing the F-15 "ya I dont want to climb always to +40.000ft, the only why to get kills soo", in lockon and I mean lockon and not RL, the F-15 is good but in good hands. And the Flanker is in low and medium ALT a hard one, compare it to the speeds alone from the ER and finally ET's to the AIM-120's and finally AIM-9 against 73`s lol, so pls, dont tell me that the F-15 is the super super bird. It depends how someone use's the F-15, and when u use it in the right way u have a good plane. But thats the same way with the other planes.

I get comments like "get down to us in the mud" why I should get down with a F-15 in the fighting place from MiG's or SU's where the hunt u with EOS easy.

If someon knows how do deal with the F-15 high, then u can avoid alot shots on u, but I see people running everyday in the same tactic, and thats because most of them not even move the elevation up to scan high, soo dont blame it on the ED to make such a hard plane for one side lol.

:book: