Patch 1.13 Requested Features/Fixes List (*Merged)

It works fine in Vista.

Well not for me http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=25901 :cry:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Colt on the issues of FM/cockpit mods being possible.I dont fly combat in lockon,but i do fly for the VBA and a bug pit with FM and half-flaps would be very much appreciated.

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

-hot coffee to the control towers (ALL)

-real-working valves to the fueltrucks

-accurate modelling of Zhukovsky street 18/B at Krasnodar

-3D clickable encyklopedia

-Advanced Flight Model to Ikarus buses

-B61 thermonuclear warheads

-6DOF T80s

-M249 ACOG (the stuff in Flashpoint)

-You maybe forgot of the fighters (seriously :( ) ceiling 15km+, so a pair of nomex gloves

...and get that sniper down the hill who shot me in the head before getting into my cockpit (timeout)

HAHAHA!

I must say, you made me laugh more then anything else in the last few days!

especially the advanced flight model of Ikarus Buses...

HAHAHA!

Since the announcement of DCS yesterday, everybody is soooo serious... We tend to forget it is a game!

thanks!

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

IF they decide to put out final patch I think these would have to be on high priority list:

1. tweak FM for all aircraft

2. tweak radar performance/modes and missile performance

3. please fix full shadows and pixel shaders

4. fix see through of objects through clouds

5. fix the airbases taxi/parkin area missalignment so that when you go over you don't get broken wheel/tire on the Su-25T

6. enable to disable "print screen" on server side so people can't cheat like this

7. fix loadouts for all aircraft

8. force payloads from server side (no LOPED payloads by individual)

9. fix DLL modules that cause CTD when you have overcast and high water.

What we definitely should not have is opening of FM's to end user editing. This is one thing I think should never be allowed in any sim. Graphical tweaks are fine (and even here you can have way's of cheating) but changing FM or aircraft/weapons performance by end user is a definite no-no.

No longer active in DCS...

My 2 cents.

1. Missile performance.

2. Moddable cockpit instrumentation.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1) Screenshot button must disable for online flights.

2) TEWS and HUD screens are not clear if you look at them from far. Maybe font size or type neeeds to be changed by different one.

3) In my opinion default maxPacketSize = 500; is making lag at online servers. It needs to be reduced.

4) New 3D models can be great as other people said.

5) Better Windows Vista compatibility cause after exited game, usually it crashes or stucks at memory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

When flying in NAV mode and switch to BVR the HSI to keep indicating bearing and distance to the selected WP.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

1. Missile performance. (ALL missiles)

2. F-15 TWS center on primary

3. Correct FM for ALL planes

That's all that REALLY matters to me.

And missile performance outweighs the others by a LOT.

I'm 100% with you GOYA.

Plus do something about the arcady implementation of jamming ... I guess fixing missiles would mean including decent HOJ modelling.

great idea this list,

should be good reference material for 1.13 patch if and when.

1. fix 120 missile and f-15 radar performance.

2. fix aspect ratio defaulting after a graphics change in game.

3. simple dedicated server interface, non-graphical.

thats all :thumbup:

honestly i would be happy to see any or all of the issues addressed, and in that order.

fingers crossed for the 1.13 patch for FC

-Enlargement, File export.lua for cockpitbuilders ,The famous to be continued.......

-Export possibility of MFD's and TV screns.

and priority

100% whit you "cool t":

1. tweak FM for all aircraft

2. tweak radar performance/modes and missile performance

3. please fix full shadows and pixel shaders

4. fix see through of objects through clouds

5. fix the airbases taxi/parkin area missalignment so that when you go over you don't get broken wheel/tire on the Su-25T

6. enable to disable "print screen" on server side so people can't cheat like this

7. fix loadouts for all aircraft

8. force payloads from server side (no LOPED payloads by individual)

9. fix DLL modules that cause CTD when you have overcast and high water.

Hello to all

I add a list of feasible modifications in the interest of the community.

These are some modifications that many users waiting to improve this simulator:

1. Fix 120 missile and f-15 radar performance.

2. Fix aspect ratio defaulting after a graphics change in game.

3. Simple dedicated server interface non-graphical, with script or other functional program that can enable the server by control panels.

4. Compatibility with Vista and modern graphics cards

5. Troubleshooting in FMs and Missiles and planes.

6. Add New ground object and terrain set with the ability of improving it.

7. Increasing or adjusting missile Performarce (All Missiles)

8. SCREEN PRINT ON-OFF server setting.

9. Adjust the multiplayer system for in-flights Refueling.

Bye

{adi}-Michael - Istruttore Eagles Bombers

Air Dominators Italia

http://www.ad-ita.it

From Italian Community

http://www.ad-ita.it/images/avatarbanners/Targ.Mike.jpg

considering that for some years, probably, we don't fly any superiority fighters in DCS series, I think should be very appreciate from all LockOn lovers some improvements about fighters.

Personally I'd like Su-33 and naval operations, so this is my wishes about incoming (?) 1.13 patch:

- carrier deck lighting always ON;

- better AI taxying-parking on carrier's deck (including 'automated' backmotion for fine parking);

- add a simple hook at Su-25, so to have another aircraft (Su-39 ?) with AFM and available for naval operations;

- ATC and air radar control (like AWACS) from carrier tower.

thanks in advance

regards

FPS improvements regarding bullet/bomb holes in game environement. limited decals - server side settings!

holes on runway stay in MP games - even after game reload - server side settings!

things I described here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=14506&highlight=bullet

Multiplayer scene damage

and here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=14592&highlight=bullet

decals visibility (popup) distance

....old 1.12 bugs --- from bug forums

FPS issues because of unoptimized models *lack of LOD frames?*

like the infamous R-77 bug! http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16167&highlight=bullet

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Correct everything, make it real god darnit!

Respect my authoritha!

respectmyauthority77405qg5.jpg

:D:D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

-Enlargement, File export.lua for cockpitbuilders ,The famous to be continued.......

-Export possibility of MFD's and TV screns.

Those two ones are, IMO, comparatively easy to code and would be well used by very very good third part softs :

- cockpit building, of course but also

- TacView (needs guns / unguided weapons infos for example)

- LoTATC

- ... and all news ideas to born ;)

Thx

Az'

spacer.png

Lets start with the EXPLOITS/Urgent tweaks!

Look down radar notch is too effective :

Right now an f-15 scanning correctly will not detect a good notching target at 5 nm...(yes I know how to slew my radar ;) )

this should be more like 15-25 nm.

Make radar missiles work below 10 meters :

currently almost impossible for any radar missile in the game to hit ANYTHING below 20 m, and below 10 is never gonna happen

Easy fix : Reduce ground clutter effect substantially

Barell roll exploit (using for example russian rwr system)

"Watch for last light then pull" I can use this to dodge 8 amraams np. This is ridiculous. No real passive radar warning system will see exact range or closure, only THAT it closes. Also missiles should perform well enough turn and energy wise to break this tactic.

Easy fix : proximity fuse + random(0-3) numbers of lights left when adder/amraam impacts

Missile chaff resistance :

Essentially all missiles are far too susceptible to chaff.

Easy fix : change the friggin numbers ..

Uber ground clutter :

"Let's just stay low and nothing can hit ":)

Make chaff work only on beam :

Currently chaff is most likely to work if you put it on head on aspect, because of seeker update rate problems in the code afaik. Remove head on chaff as working countermeasure.

Easy fix(GG) : zero chaff effect if less than 45 degrees aspect-off-nose

Missile turn ability tweaking:

sidewinders are useless, you can make a 3-4G turn and make them miss.

Then the r-27(E) and aim-7 missiles are currently the best performing missiles in the game in terms of pure turn performance a few seconds after launch. This I feel is very very wrong.

R-73 should be far superior to anything else, followed by the sidewinders, r77s and amraams(in an order you see fit ofc)

Missile energy/speed problems:

Essentially most missiles fly too slow.

"Air brake Amraam" - almost needless to say more. Burns short time, has VERY low speed (barely mach3) and slows down too much.

It has about half realistic range I believe.

Sidewinder - has currently less range than guns from rear aspect

Implement a minimum range for all missiles!

Example : currently you can launch aim 7 from like 500 m head on and hit no problem - SILLY!

Missile seeker performance tuning:

Make missiles actually react normally to barell rolling, and not just miss

Implement an actual proximity fuse that works.

Missile seeker maddog performance (especially amraams, ETs and 77s !):

Currently scans(at least amraam) full front view (source GG) in 7 seconds to a limit of something like 60-90 degrees : LAUGHABLE! If this were true you would never need a radar in any plane. Right now if you don't see your bandit, all you do is fire your amraam and see where it turns.

Fix ET maddog issue:

Real ETs cannot be maddoged, they do not posses data link, and they also require a good IR lock before launch!

Fix ecm blinking problem:

Currently any f-15 radar track, be it stt or tws bug, is broken INSTANTLY the moment your opponent turns on ECM outside 12.5 nm. then when you lock his strobes he just double clicks ECM again. There is NO way around this. (you can ofc still kill him, since we have super maddogs :))

make burn through range depend on scan intensity (azimuth and band setting)

f-15 high altitude engine performance problem:

When airspeed drops below 230 kts the engine performance gets too low to accelerate up again above ~35 angels with a full load. Essentially even if you go full burner you will lose power and eventually stall out. This also means that the lockon F-15 CANNOT fly at angels 40 without afterburners if carrying a combat load. IF it does, speed will decrease to minimum and then stall, even if you apply burners you will keep losing speed. Su-27 works JUST FINE. it can accelerate from any speed as far as I have seen!

Fuel consumption is too low at high altitudes I believe:

You can fly full burner f-15 all the way across the entire map :)

G-model

Currently the G-model is too aggressive for mig-29 and f-15 pilots imho. Currently in the f-15 it is possible to do a 180-360 degree 8.5G turn before turning really black, and I think this should be increased about 50%. Also pilots should not become exhausted as fast as they do right now.

F-15 IFF

Put a HUGE F/X on the hud or remove the russian equivalent!

Implement an actual garbage cleaner

Right now you can be playing fine for a few minutes, then it gets slightly slower (Log this and you will see), after an hour or two of playing in the same server(many times much less) it has slowed down substantially, and after more it becomes unplayable. Exit to coalitions screen and hitting fly gives you full fps again : = HUGE performance leak!

Not so urgent BUGS I found

F-15 radar : sometimes after having switched to +-30 degree azimuth the scan limit circles refuse to move left right, and the only way out is to click 2 twice.

F-15 radar : sometimes after having switched to +-30 degree azimuth the scan limit circles move at half speed, the only way out is to click 2 twice.

F-15 Master arm : Switch does not move even if you press master arm. The functionality works but the graphics do not change

A-10 Master arm : Switch moves when you press master arm, but here the functionality does not work. You can still fire when master arm is set to safe.

Possible BUGS I found

F-15 gun piper : Uses a lower quality algorithm than russian. Maybe this is correct? With f-15 piper I must sometimes aim 1 plane-length (!) in front. With russian piper I just almost always put piper on and squeeze trigger :)

• Like 2

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Lets start with the EXPLOITS/Urgent tweaks!

Make radar missiles work below 10 meters :

currently almost impossible for any radar missile in the game to hit ANYTHING below 20 m, and below 10 is never gonna happen

I'm not sure IRL this must work :) Anyone has reliable source on that???

Missile seeker maddog performance (especially amraams, ETs and 77s !):

Currently scans(at least amraam) full front view (source GG) in 7 seconds to a limit of something like 60-90 degrees : LAUGHABLE! If this were true you would never need a radar in any plane. Right now if you don't see your bandit, all you do is fire your amraam and see where it turns.

Very important!!!

f-15 high altitude engine performance problem:

When airspeed drops below 230 kts the engine performance gets too low to accelerate up again above ~35 angels with a full load. Essentially even if you go full burner you will lose power and eventually stall out. This also means that the lockon F-15 CANNOT fly at angels 40 without afterburners if carrying a combat load. IF it does, speed will decrease to minimum and then stall, even if you apply burners you will keep losing speed.

This is how it works in real life :) Discussed somewhere in an other topic, long time before.

G-model

Currently the G-model is too aggressive for mig-29 and f-15 pilots imho. Currently in the f-15 it is possible to do a 180-360 degree 8.5G turn before turning really black, and I think this should be increased about 50%. Also pilots should not become exhausted as fast as they do right now.

Totally agree. Even real Fulcrum pilots told us that realisticG is bulls**t.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass: