F-14 Combat Refueling

Nexus-6

I've been a pretty consistent lurker here since Leatherneck/Heatblur announced they were developing the Chariot of the Gods and I don't think I've seen this link posted before.

Anyway...

I found this footage while trolling YouTube and waiting for my laundry to finish. It's nothing terribly exciting, but I enjoyed watching it in any case. I believe the Tomcats are from VF-211.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I've been a pretty consistent lurker here since Leatherneck/Heatblur announced they were developing the Chariot of the Gods and I don't think I've seen this link posted before.

Anyway...

I found this footage while trolling YouTube and waiting for my laundry to finish. It's nothing terribly exciting, but I enjoyed watching it in any case. I believe the Tomcats are from VF-211.

....and the TriStar tanker was from 216 Sqn RAF. DCS:TriStar coming soon. :megalol:

• 1 month later...

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was recently listening to an interview with an F-14 pilot who said refueling was tricky in the Tomcat because the probe was behind the pilot's head, so he had to look backwards to see if he was catching the bucket. Obviously, this would screw you up, so it was primarily the job of the RIO to guide the pilot into contact. This should add an interesting element to multiplayer. Equally, I wonder how Jester handles it.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

I was recently listening to an interview with an F-14 pilot who said refueling was tricky in the Tomcat because the probe was behind the pilot's head, so he had to look backwards to see if he was catching the bucket. Obviously, this would screw you up, so it was primarily the job of the RIO to guide the pilot into contact. This should add an interesting element to multiplayer. Equally, I wonder how Jester handles it.

Doesn't seem to be the case in DCS:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Doesn't seem to be the case in DCS:

Thanks for the vid, forgot about that. It might be a peripheral vision issue then that I misheard as it being out of his field of view. He was saying that it was awkwardly placed for the pilot to the point that if he looked at it, he missed it, so the RIO would guide him in.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |