The start of a revolution for LOMAC??

Originally Posted by Alfa View Post

The only accident involving a MiG-29K prototype(# 311) was due to something entirely different(and stupid) - namely that the test pilot accidently raised the gear while the aircraft was on the deck of the carrier.....causing the aircraft to fall flat on its belly and damage the gear in the process. But, as you can see from the above photo link, it was repaired .

Something that always baffled me - why the hell isn't there something in the plane to prevent that? I remember the first time I sat in the Super Frog and accidentally brushed my fingers across the "G" key - whoops, down you go along with the gear. Seriously, what's with that?

It is per design - apparently Russian aircraft designers considered this risk to be the lesser of two evils - i.e. that a device to prevent it could cause the gear to get stuck in the down position after take-off, which in turn would be more dangerous than raising it by accident while on the ground....that's the explanation anyway .

Actually the explanation I've come across is that it is better to accidently raise the gear while parked or taxing, than to realize that the gear lever is up as the above-mentioned safety device clears the gear for retraction when the aircraft weight is lifted by the wings as you're speeding down the runway on take-off - as happened here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hi3NfLS8Ms&mode=related&search=

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really does not matter what there is or what's not.

This thread has a strict name ''The start of a revolution for LOMAC'' so let's stick to that.

OK I'm printing MEinits at the moment from FC and the one from Navy Supermod by Alfa. I'll cross reference them both and automaticly answer some of my questions.

What we can conclude is that decompiling lockon.exe is not possible nor legal. Adding new FMs is also impossible, we can only use existing ones but thanx to those tools and ED we can edit their 3D models and upgrade to somewhat nicer looking, more detailed object.

I wouldn't call LO unfriendly to modders. Just take a look at Falcon 4 - Allied Force. The only proven (stable) mods are payware, and they cost more than a game itself and are available only as a DL (no boxed edition).

We have more than a thousand ways to help ourselves with LO, many mods are present and many are yet to come.

I was kinda hoping we could recieve more input like it was with mentioned X2 simulator. MEInit in Russian might be a good place to start so we can have at least properly designated aircraft in LO.

For instance:

I tried to rename IAF F-15 skins with proper name '133 Sqn, Tel Nov AB' but what I got in F-15 color schemes menu in Payload editor wasn't readable. Disscussing such strange behaviour of MEInit or anything similar is most welcome, but if experienced modders like to keep their knowlegde to themselves...so be it.

Sharing thoughts and experience might bring us somewhere but being selfish leads to clash.

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's the picture of Su-27S or SK:

bscap004.jpg

Can we refuel with Su-27S/SK?!

No we can't! Because we have Su-27P...

Another one, same aircraft - Su-27 S/SK:

bscap006-1.jpg

How many MFDs can You see here and How many in LO?

So do we really fly Su-27 S/SK with Lomac/FC!

That is an extremely wide cockpit for a Sue 27. Last time I saw a flanker cockpit there werent MFD's floating around outside the cockpit, nor were there buldges where there shouldnt be bulges.

OK I'm printing MEinits at the moment from FC and the one from Navy Supermod by Alfa. I'll cross reference them both and automaticly answer some of my questions.

Please, please, please save the trees!

If your going to do a job, at least use the right tools to do this kind of compare like WinMerge or some other file comparison utility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" -And, because cockpit are separated 3D object, i m abble to do brand new one for my brand new plane.

- In the futur we can have some total conversion mod ( only restriction is to put same generation aircraft to stick with FM ) ( May be ED will release a tool to tweak the non use FM ? :music_whistling::music_whistling:)

SO it s IMHO, the biggest step we saw ever in this game."

----

Hurray! :) I can't wait

Fly it like you stole it..

• 6 months later...
100% agree EvilBivol :)

To that end, here's a look at what I've been doing relative to "what can, and can't be done". Still have to figure out how to use the "arguments" to get flight surfaces moving, and how to put a pilot in the cockpit - guess I need a 3DS file of a pilot?!

Found this F-5 model on the web...

ScreenShot_6667b.jpg

ScreenShot_668b.jpg

ScreenShot_676b.jpg

Wow, so nice! does anyone know where to get this F-5E model in LOM format ?

Question

Can a more detailed external view Pilot and internal and external seat be done for the Walmis model using these tools. If so for one of you super modders could you make that a project. Walmis did an extremely good model so far then lost the template due to an accident. His model only needs some touch ups and we have a new F15c. Before I touched anything with his Model I would ask him if it would be ok to do some touch ups. It really is his baby, he put a lot of work into it but I think it should be finished if possible and we would have one model down then more to come. Just my thoughts. cheers.

Old thread resurrected. this is olde news now.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P