Helios 1.4 - Taking to the Skys Once Again

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I use Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212725

And I use only 2/3 items (just 15/20 lights) but the more I'm playing, the less fps I have ingame (40 instead of 75/80)

If I delete this line : (lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua') I get max FPS all the time.

So, it's a helios "bug" or the profil of Capt Zeen?

Thanks a lot!

And I use only 2/3 items (just 15/20 lights) but the more I'm playing, the less fps I have ingame (40 instead of 75/80)

If I delete this line : (lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua') I get max FPS all the time.

Thanks a lot!

Are you saying it is slowing down ('the more I'm playing') so you start at max FPS and then slowly over time it bleeds down?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Roger01,

Where did you delete that line? HeliosExport.lua is not part of Helios, and I'm pretty sure that Capt Zeen's Hornet profile does a lot of processing in LUA to make it work with the Helios A-10C interface. If you're only using a few functions in the profile, you could always rebind against the Helios FA-18C interface.

Cheers, Neil

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube

Hi ShadowVonChadwick,

If you hit the same problem that I reproduced, it is caused by Control Center trying to tell you that you need to enable the Aero Desktop. If you turn on the Aero Desktop, then I suspect that the problem will disappear. If this works for you, then I'll wait for the next release of Helios before delivering the fix.

Cheers, Neil

BlueFinBima

Yep that was it. Thanks

I now need to remember what clashed with Areo Desktop.

Never Ending Story

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I am trying to help a friend use the new helios without the need for the use of viewports. I have some questions:

1. do you need the export files from Capt Z's site or is the regular export lua file sufficient?

2. In the DCS options, should you just your one screen or do you use both screens like I do now for the resolution?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am trying to help a friend use the new helios without the need for the use of viewports. I have some questions:

1. do you need the export files from Capt Z's site or is the regular export lua file sufficient?

2. In the DCS options, should you just your one screen or do you use both screens like I do now for the resolution?

Hi Sobe, I'm not sure I have enough information to help.

1) What aircraft are we talking about? If you're using a Capt Zeen profile, you will need to use his exports regardless of whether you're using the viewports. Viewports are not part of Helios at all, Helios knows nothing about them, but obviously they can be used very effectively to enhance a Helios profile. If you are using an aircraft which has an interface in Helios, then you should use the exports from that interface. The exception is possibly the A-10C which is supported equally by the Helios interface and most combined exports.lua from other sources. The Helios exports.lua is possibly the smallest and best performing because it only has code for the A-10C.

2) I am happy to let others comment here as this is not a Helios question as far as I can tell. Helios performance should not be affected by the resolution of DCS or the number of screens being used by the game.

BlueFinBima

Hi guys , hope some 1 can help, im using BleFinBimas Harrier profile 1920x1080 2 monitor set up 1 on top of the other, touchscreen been the bottom of the 2, however I have no clue what to edit in the monitor config as im not savvie in that sort of thing , can some 1 help me out.

Many thanks Phil

Hi guys , hope some 1 can help, im using BleFinBimas Harrier profile 1920x1080 2 monitor set up 1 on top of the other, touchscreen been the bottom of the 2, however I have no clue what to edit in the monitor config as im not savvie in that sort of thing , can some 1 help me out.

Many thanks Phil

This is being discussed in https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3858012&postcount=84

BlueFinBima

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Sobe,

This describes these items

With a full (well almost) featured IFEI and UFC, there is no need to do the expensive exporting of the IFEI and UFC images.

Thanks for your great work!

Regarding the auto binding of Hornet IFEI, which export script you using?

I cant find nozzle info from current Captain Z's hornet profile.

Edited by jayyang

Thanks for your great work!

Regarding the auto binding of Hornet IFEI, which export script you using?

I cant find nozzle info from current Captain Z's hornet profile.

The auto binding does not work with Captain Zeen's Hornet profile because that profile does not use the dedicated FA-18C interface. To the best of my knowledge, the nozzle position is not available from DCS. I used an approximation based on fuel flow and a very strange response curve. It seems to be more or less right most of the time.

BlueFinBima

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to hear you Capt Zeen and thanks for your helios profiles ...

now there are 3 version of P51D

TF-P51D

P51D block 25

P51D block 30

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227015

Of course in DCS is a variant of P51D module (up now you can only select it by inserting in mission editor)

I didn't compare the two block but as i read around there are minor change between them ... related to the DCS modules are in cockpit texture quality and 3D external frame

What i checked is that the Helios panel is not working on Block 30 module but in the same mix is working for Block 25.

may be a different ID ...

Let me know if there is any kind of test that i can do!

i found the problem

this is the gCurrentAircraft with P51D Block 25 from DCS log

2019-04-29 20:52:14.536 INFO EXPORT: Selected aircraft type = P-51D

This is the gCurrentAircraft with block 30

2019-04-29 20:51:35.920 INFO EXPORT: Selected aircraft type = P-51D-30-NA

Now i'll try to solve it by change the IF in HeliosCore.lua with this

string.sub(gCurrentAircraft,1,5) == "P-51D"

I just published a new export files package on my site.

Now the P-51D-30-NA is supported.

Let me know if there is any problem.

The link in your page for to download the exort is broken, 404 error

• 1 month later...

HELIOS 1.4 ISSUE

Hi, I have a problem to run Helios 1.4.

With my previous Windows 10 install, both of Helios 1.3 and 1.4 were working properly.

I've cleaned up my PC recently and installed a new windows 10, then Helios 1.3 is working as it should be, but 1.4 isn't. There was no error for installer or exe, just it doesn't sync DCS at all.

I'm running

- DCS World OpenBeta

- Capt. Zeen latest export files

- Customized Capt. Zeen Ka-50 profile

Am I missing something...?

With my previous Windows 10 install, both of Helios 1.3 and 1.4 were working properly.

I've cleaned up my PC recently and installed a new windows 10, then Helios 1.3 is working as it should be, but 1.4 isn't. There was no error for installer or exe, just it doesn't sync DCS at all.

I'm running

- DCS World OpenBeta

Hi Horus-DCS,

Can you be more explicit about what is not working with 1.4? Are you able to start a profile in Helios Control Center?

Regards

BlueFinBima

Hi Horus-DCS,

Can you be more explicit about what is not working with 1.4? Are you able to start a profile in Helios Control Center?

Regards

Hi, 1.4 control center can read the profile, all images show up correctly. It just can't connect the profile to DCS at all. So I can only see static initial images for now whatever I do in the cockpit. Touching buttons doesn't work either.

Check if the dcs.log gives you a export.lua error or somoething inusual.

I'm running

- DCS World OpenBeta

Hi Horus-DCS, Certainly do what Capt Zeen suggests, however if all that you're doing is changing the Helios Control Center - ie same profile, same aircraft, same export.lua - then there should be no difference in operation because both 1.4 and 1.3 use the same port and host.

The only thing that I think would result in what you're seeing is that the 1.3 Control Center is holding the port open and the 1.4 Control Center cannot listen on it. Please make sure that the 1.3 control center is not running before starting the 1.4 Control Center.

Regards

BlueFinBima

Hi Horus-DCS, Certainly do what Capt Zeen suggests, however if all that you're doing is changing the Helios Control Center - ie same profile, same aircraft, same export.lua - then there should be no difference in operation because both 1.4 and 1.3 use the same port and host.

The only thing that I think would result in what you're seeing is that the 1.3 Control Center is holding the port open and the 1.4 Control Center cannot listen on it. Please make sure that the 1.3 control center is not running before starting the 1.4 Control Center.

Regards

Hi BluFinBima

I can only find these lines for the helios or export in my log file...

HELIOS.EXPORT: Helios Export Hooks Installed

EXPORT: Mission Started

EXPORT: Selected aircraft type = Ka-50

EXPORT: Mission Ended

No errors or alerts.

Running only 1.4 without previous 1.3 execution doesn't work. Actually I installed 1.4 only at first, but no joy, then installed 1.3 additionally. Strangely 1.3 works without a problem.

Maybe the latest windows 10 build has something harmful for the 1.4...?