New Helicopter

ZQuickSilverZ

I have thought about the sale that DCS is having on Helicopters. It makes me wonder if we are about to get some news. Maybe regarding an Mil Mi-24, Bell AH-1, or BO-105 PAH1A1.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1280px-Lynx_Hubschrauber_IFOR.jpg

The Lynx is a fully aerobatic helicopter with the ability to perform loops and rolls.[2] In 1986, a specially modified Lynx set the current Fédération Aéronautique Internationale's official airspeed record for helicopters (category excludes compound helicopters) at 400.87 km/h (249.09 mph),[3][4] which remains unbroken as of 2017

You can follow the forum on the Mi-24 here :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193715

The MI-24 is still not officially confirmed and no intersting informations since a few months...

BO-105 : On hold, status unknown

AH-1 : same as Mi-24

No new helicopter in DCS since the release of the Gazelle : Apr 16 (if I am correct)

So....more than 2 years ago !

Unfortunately, it seems that helicopters are not a ED priority...

Heck, I rather they fix the egt and give the huey multiplayer multicrew before realeasing anymore. But, that want happen as it will not generate enough revenue

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193715

The MI-24 is still not officially confirmed and no intersting informations since a few months...

BO-105 : On hold, status unknown

AH-1 : same as Mi-24

No new helicopter in DCS since the release of the Gazelle : Apr 16 (if I am correct)

So....more than 2 years ago !

Unfortunately, it seems that helicopters are not a ED priority...

ED team has not building the Mi-24 and AH-1, has BSK develop teams projects. That was on progress from June 2018

https://www.facebook.com/belsimtek/posts/890837887787377

We would like to announce a promising change in our internal structure. Over the years, Belsimtek has been working hand in hand with Eagle Dynamics, and together we have succeded in creating a number of complex modules for DCS World, which we hope you enjoyed. We wish to further develop this success, and as such we have decided to focus on strengthening the unified brand, Eagle Dynamics. The Belsimtek team will remain unchanged, with the same leadership, the same approach to development, and the same quality which have made our success. We are confident that the future will hold big surprises, notably with The F-16C Block 50, Mi-24P, AH-1S Huey Cobra and F-4E Phantom II in the development pipeline, which are sure to make DCS World grow even more. Together, we will continue to bring DCS World and Eagle Dynamics to new heights. Thank You.

And Wags some weeks ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

ED team has not building the Mi-24 and AH-1, has BSK develop teams projects. That was on progress from June 2018

https://www.facebook.com/belsimtek/posts/890837887787377

And Wags some weeks ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

News from WAGS:

F-18 and YAK-52 are now released and indeed a lot of information were posted before the release.thumbup.gif

Sorry but for both Mi-24 and AH-1, nothing like that. No official announcement, no screenshots, no discussion on the current status of these both projects... And it simply can explain why a lot of people are asking more...smilewink.gif

News from WAGS:

F-18 and YAK-52 are now released and indeed a lot of information were posted before the release.thumbup.gif

Sorry but for both Mi-24 and AH-1, nothing like that. No official announcement, no screenshots, no discussion on the current status of these both projects... And it simply can explain why a lot of people are asking more...smilewink.gif

The F/A-18C and others modules was on "low profile" year before an official announcement, screenshots, current status or official discussion was posted on the forums. BSK has working in the shadows and they dont go to put any news before has someone to report. take care and wait for news

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I'am confident the MI-24 will come to life very soon :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

The F/A-18C and others modules was on "low profile" year before an official announcement, screenshots, current status or official discussion was posted on the forums. BSK has working in the shadows and they dont go to put any news before has someone to report. take care and wait for news

It makes sense ! Thx a lot for your reply thumbup.gif

Wait and see...

What happened to the Kiowa Warrior from Polychop?

And that Blackhawk from those guys that did X-Plane stuff?

Rotorcraft need some love...

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Is this true? Since when is the BO-105 on hold? I'm not disputing I just didn't know that. If it's true that's really sad, I was very much looking forward to it.

Since ages ago, mate. The dev at Miltech-5 has left and Oliver managed to have his work picked up by another 3rd party.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

That statement by Wags is pretty recent, and Mi-24 has been mentioned many times in newsletters etc before.

As for the 3rd party helos, Kiowa was a no-go as far as I recall, but I don't necessarily remember it being reserved or anything.

The Bo-105, last we've heard, Oliver was trying to hand his work to an estabilished 3rd party developer, and it sounded like it was proceeding positively, but no news on that for a pretty long time.

I think realistically the most likely helo to arrive at a foreseeable time is the Mi-24, and now after soooo long AH-1 is again mentioned, apparently (and sadly IMO) before prevoiusly announced F-4. These two are mostly likely helos to expect in DCS in my opinion.

Very interested in the Hind myself...

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

That statement by Wags is pretty recent, and Mi-24 has been mentioned many times in newsletters etc before.

As for the 3rd party helos, Kiowa was a no-go as far as I recall, but I don't necessarily remember it being reserved or anything.

The Bo-105, last we've heard, Oliver was trying to hand his work to an estabilished 3rd party developer, and it sounded like it was proceeding positively, but no news on that for a pretty long time.

I think realistically the most likely helo to arrive at a foreseeable time is the Mi-24, and now after soooo long AH-1 is again mentioned, apparently (and sadly IMO) before prevoiusly announced F-4. These two are mostly likely helos to expect in DCS in my opinion.

Very interested in the Hind myself...

I have on multiple occassions discussed and asked some news on the forum on the current status of the Mi-24...

Many answers but no real "scoop" or confirmation...

Be patient for the Kiowa because IF the Mi-24 is the priority in the helo, untill now the news on it were very "light".

Untill today no screenshots and no news regarding the status of the Hind...so

Maybe in the following weeks...

How amazing a multi crew Sikorsky Blackhawk would be... The ability to have munitions for the pilot to use while potentially carrying around two NPC or human door gunners and still have the ability to quickly switch over to troop transport or medivac.

I'd pay good money for a module like that. I really hope they don't invest a lot of time or effort into the BA105. I feel like that won't get them the best ROI from consumers.

My dream helicopter in DCS - and will post something about it in the Wishlist section as well - would be the CH-47 Chinook.

First of all, it is different. We now have standard tail rotor (Mi-8, Huey) coaxial rotor (KA-50), we also have Fenestron (Gazelle) but we do not have Tandem rotor helicopter in DCS yet - which the Chinook is.

One of the fastest and most powerful helicopters, full of mission potential. Be it a very basic troop transport (we could squeeze in quite a few troops), or transporting military equipment, dropping paratroopers, moving heavy underbelly cargo (such as a Humvee), carrying out medevac missions into high threat landing zones, dropping humanitarian packages, there's plenty of possibilities with this well tried and tested helicopter. Since it's been widely used around the world, many repaints could be done to it, several countries could be utilized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Boeing_CH-47_Chinook_operators

I have on multiple occassions discussed and asked some news on the forum on the current status of the Mi-24...

Many answers but no real "scoop" or confirmation...

Be patient for the Kiowa because IF the Mi-24 is the priority in the helo, untill now the news on it were very "light".

Untill today no screenshots and no news regarding the status of the Hind...so

Maybe in the following weeks...

Yeah it can get very frustrating if there are no "hard facts" about a beloved plane/helicopter. But to keep in mind, the MI-24 was mentioned several times in official ED Newsletter and opposite to the F-4 which was also mentioned in ED Newsletter(if i remember correct) but got then pushed back the MI-24 got already the "Wags Tease".

"Wags Tease" = Wags was showcasing the F-18 in one of his Videos and said "...oh what is this MI-24 doing here...". He teased every upcoming new module like that. So keep the hope up. :joystick::thumbup:

Teasing the Yak-52 at timestamp ~11:55 and the MI-24 at ~12:35

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yeah it can get very frustrating if there are no "hard facts" about a beloved plane/helicopter. But to keep in mind, the MI-24 was mentioned several times in official ED Newsletter and opposite to the F-4 which was also mentioned in ED Newsletter(if i remember correct) but got then pushed back the MI-24 got already the "Wags Tease".

"Wags Tease" = Wags was showcasing the F-18 in one of his Videos and said "...oh what is this MI-24 doing here...". He teased every upcoming new module like that. So keep the hope up. :joystick::thumbup:

Teasing the Yak-52 at timestamp ~11:55 and the MI-24 at ~12:35

I saw this video again and again...9 months before...

Yak-52 produced

F-18 produced

Mi-24....Joker ! music_whistling.gif

Each Friday I expect some news in the Weeekend News...

Be patient...who knows, maybe next week thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
[...]He teased every upcoming new module like that. So keep the hope up.[...]

Yeah, that reminds me on his A-10C Tease back in 2008 or 2009 in a Thread I dont really remember anymore, somethings about Desktop backgrounds...guess what Wags has posted there...correct his nice Desktop with the A-10C executable...holy that Image caused great Attention :). But I´m derailing...sorry, back to Topic :music_whistling:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

My dream helicopter in DCS - and will post something about it in the Wishlist section as well - would be the CH-47 Chinook.

First of all, it is different. We now have standard tail rotor (Mi-8, Huey) coaxial rotor (KA-50), we also have Fenestron (Gazelle) but we do not have Tandem rotor helicopter in DCS yet - which the Chinook is.

One of the fastest and most powerful helicopters, full of mission potential. Be it a very basic troop transport (we could squeeze in quite a few troops), or transporting military equipment, dropping paratroopers, moving heavy underbelly cargo (such as a Humvee), carrying out medevac missions into high threat landing zones, dropping humanitarian packages, there's plenty of possibilities with this well tried and tested helicopter. Since it's been widely used around the world, many repaints could be done to it, several countries could be utilized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Boeing_CH-47_Chinook_operators

That would be awesome, but I thought the polling and general vibe was that the next heavy helicopter, meaning still years out, would be a CH-53. Which would also be awesome, ofc. Anyways, even if they started work today, they would be far enough away there's no point in worrying about it.

• 2 months later...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193715The MI-24 is still not officially confirmed

They announced it was being developed in a news update email.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

CH47 CHINOOK

I have thought about the sale that DCS is having on Helicopters. It makes me wonder if we are about to get some news. Maybe regarding an Mil Mi-24, Bell AH-1, or BO-105 PAH1A1.

CH47 CHINOOK would be popular..

why did the produce the Yak 52 and the pits..instead of the chance vaught corsair..or the P47 thunderbolt..after all this is DCS digital combat simulator..those are civi aircraft..:(:thumbup: