Truck Vs. Tank : who's the winner?

BiBa

I thought driving a Tank makes you King of the road; but it seems in CA you're as easily pushed or carried away as a Bug from a common Truck, which makes maneuvering on roads more demanding than in open fields, because you have to extra watch out for the civil traffic! In the picture attached is me been hijacked by a Truck!

I've added Combined Arms yesterday. I'm quite impressed, but this quirk is simply dumdum... Hope they'll fix that soon.

1020126533_TruckVs_Tank.thumb.jpg.49194fdf1f840522796370eb1d1f2998.jpg

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

...and a common Bus that has turned my world upside down!:huh:

718462299_BusVs_Tank.jpg.40ea5e470637e6ce62451b0b03cd0111.jpg

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

The vehicle "physics" have very "green" (not sure if Track physics can be / are modeled).

...you mean if the civil traffic has its configuration set to "green" it becomes invulnerable! It seems in Combined Arms all Green-Horns are joining Green-Peace so that they become Kings of the road...

I'm not a programmer but I might have a good suggestion how to solve this issue:

All civil traffic "physics" are set to "Red" with an awareness option set to neutral, so that they can virtually interact with the Player's vehicle. This setting is "only" valid for the Player or Client's vehicle, but NOT to the rest of the Player's Group/Unit, otherwise they'll start shooting on them. Funny thing that civil traffic do not collide with the Player's other Units. Once there is contact, the collision property with respect to mass and weight of the individual counter-parties defines the collision impact force with which the graphic computation should be simulated, and the road object stops and lingers as inert object if pushed out of the road. This way an extra algorithm is spared of reassessing it back on the road again. In fact, this scenario corresponds to the actual behavior of an accident in real life, since the cars are not roadworthy after such a violent clash.

I hope the programmer can elaborate on this alternative thought to solve that dilemma, as civil traffic on the roads that can knock you out of the game is becoming as lethal as the common enemy...

Edited by Biba

...and a common Bus that has turned my world upside down!:huh:

Hehe, yeah, the ground unit physics needs a bit of work. I tried the other day to run over some poor infantry guys with my abrams and it didn't go as planned either :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

• 5 years later...

in a few of the stock A-10 missions there are some "fluff" infantry units out for a jog. if they try to jog "under" your plane, they will pick your 44,000 lb aircraft and carry it with them, while they slowly strip all of your wings, control surfaces etc off and start them on fire.

funny, if a little crazy.