Need help for skin installation

J-20

Hi friends:

I haven't been on this game for a long time due to real life issue. But now everything changed, I no longer can find the place to install aircraft skin and cockpit skins. I have googled a lot, and found many ways, but non of them worked. Some of them ask you to put the new skin in folders like "DCS demo" which doesn't even exist. Please help :helpsmilie:

In C:\user\SavedGames\DCS you should have a Liveries folder where you out skins in a folder ith the aircraft name (eg \Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\M-2000C )

Not home so I do not have the list of aircraft "names " for the folders

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

In C:\user\SavedGames\DCS you should have a Liveries folder where you out skins in a folder ith the aircraft name (eg \Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\M-2000C )

Not home so I do not have the list of aircraft "names " for the folders

Thanks for the help. But my liveries folder is completely empty and there is nothing in there. Should I just create folders based on aircraft number?

Also, how can I install the cockpit textures? Thanks again.

Edited by J-20

my liveries folder is completely empty and there is nothing in there. Should I just create folders based on aircraft number?

Yes, you create the folder for the liveries of each aircrat and then store within the custom liveries that you download from ED's site.

Also, how can I install the cockpit textures? Thanks again.

The custom cockpits are treated just like exterior textures, but the designation for each aircraft is different .. on this screen cap I've highlighted those folders that are used for cockpits:

W6xKs7S.jpg

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB