Engine sputter

Vino

I haven't flown this bird for a long time, so I hardly remember everything. During yesterdays flights (I had 3 of them) and today, I had engine sputter after ~1 hour flight. Every time. The pressures and temps were ok. No battle damage. I landed the plane safely, but after the touchdown the engine stops. Any ideas? I flew below 1km most of the time about ATA 1.1.

just guess, what was your fuel quantity after one hour long flight at low altitude?

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

^ I've read it is implemented, but in this particular case flying with 1.1 ATA of boost shouldn't cause any harm I suppose, 'cause it's normal, recommended cruise setting.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Regardless of the type you fly, you shouldn't let the engine idle for long because that, AFAIK, is what fouls the plugs. But this definitely shouldn't happen when you're airborne and cruising along...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Okay, I tried it myself: Flying 1.1 ATA for 1h15min under 1km with Auto governor on and radiators automatic. External temp was 25°C and all the pressures and temps of the plane stayed in the green.

BUT, I got no stutters or what so ever. Engine worked like a charm and even after touchdown no probs at all.

The only thing I noticed was that with auto gov and 1.1 ATA the rpm dropped to 1850 which looks a little low for my taste. Need to check the manual for the correct values for cruise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup: