Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Hi Rainer - I received the replacement base and it has the same issue, but this time on the X-Axis.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2666&p=26788#p26788

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, a little advice regarding axes calibration:

Move stick to the edge and stop for the moment - controller will read magnet parameters , then move to opposite edge. Return stick to the center . Dont move stick too fast, do it gently with patience. Repeat for both axes. Good Luck

• Like 1

i7 8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB| Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO | Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe

Hi Rainer - I received the replacement base and it has the same issue, but this time on the X-Axis.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2666&p=26788#p26788

Seems as if UIV is looking into that for you. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi Guys - in case you weren't aware: Gunfighters back in stock. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi Guys - in case you weren't aware: Gunfighters back in stock. :thumbup:

Ordered also! Thanks Rainer.

Same idea as the guy above actually lol :joystick:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ordered also! Thanks Rainer.

Same idea as the guy above actually lol :joystick:

Congrats man! I think we are gonna get ours around the same time.

I took a minute to think if I should actually wait for MCG before I clicked on PAY:D

Congrats man! I think we are gonna get ours around the same time.

I took a minute to think if I should actually wait for MCG before I clicked on PAY:D

I still have a new in box Gunfighter sitting here awaiting the MCG grip as well. Thought I would wait before setting it up for any flight simming and just do the button programming one time.

Still have to take the dang thing apart to do the damper loosening/adjustments though, maybe I could get that knocked out whilst waiting.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I still have a new in box Gunfighter sitting here awaiting the MCG grip as well. Thought I would wait before setting it up for any flight simming and just do the button programming one time.

It might well be another 2 months till we can get our hands on it. I don't think I can wait that long:joystick: I will just stick with L39, mig15 and spitfire when I get the gunfighter. That's plenty.

It might well be another 2 months till we can get our hands on it. I don't think I can wait that long:joystick: I will just stick with L39, mig15 and spitfire when I get the gunfighter. That's plenty.

Yeah I considered waiting for the MCG too - but then had another look and decided I will park up the F-15 in the hanger and just get around in the F-5, Huey and 'that other WWII sim' for a few months! :pilotfly:

VKB just made it possible to map more controls to the KG-12 grip via profile as well.

So long as the MCG is out before the Tomcat is released!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So long as the MCG is out before the Tomcat is released!

VKB HQ carefully estimates end of July for the MCG variant to be out. But then again, this is a very much subject to change and by no means official.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

rrhode - I have the Gunfighter desktop model sitting here, awaiting the new MCG grip. Kind of wishing I had gone with the extended Pro model now.

Is there a difference in the gimbal mechanism between them? In other words, if I were to order the extension for my desktop Gunfighter would it handle it ok, or does one need the Pro for that?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The only difference in the Pro is the addition of the Extension Kit and the Small Base Plate, as well as some #50 springs. The gimbal is the same across all Gunfighter versions.

So yes, you could get yourself that Gunfighter Extension Kit, and turn your tabletop variant into the Pro version that way.

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The only difference in the Pro is the addition of the Extension Kit and the Small Base Plate, as well as some #50 springs. The gimbal is the same across all Gunfighter versions.

So yes, you could get yourself that Gunfighter Extension Kit, and turn your tabletop variant into the Pro version that way.

Awesome great to know, thanks!

I will just order when I order the MCG grip.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Gunfighter base only is being discontinued.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=5914

Hi Guys,

VKB HQ has discontinued the Gunfighter Base Only product, as they would prefer to deliver “ready to use” products only at this time (this means a workable stick including a base and the default KG12 grip). If you’re planning on using a TM Warthog or MCG grip with a Gunfighter product, please choose the Gunfighter (tabletop) variant for that purpose.

All Gunfighter Base Only orders that have been placed up until now will of course be delivered to you as expected – so no worries there.

After today, however, the Gunfighter Base Only is no longer available for purchase. This does not affect the Gunfighter (tabletop) or the Gunfighter Pro availability.

Sorry for any inconvenience this decision might cause.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Hi,

I prepared short video "Joystick Calibration"

youtube.com/watch?v=xx3K8h6HhJ4

And remember dont use windows tools "Game Calibration"

Use VKB dedicated soft only.

o/

i7 8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB| Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO | Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe

So I think the KG-12 grip is a very elegant design. But, for me, coming from the TMWH the tactile feel of the plastic does not feel so great, plus, and perhaps a bigger issue, the "cheap" feel is made worse by the relatively narrow girth (even if it is an accurate modeling of the real thing).

So I decided to wrap mine up in a gel bicycle handle grip as an experiment. Because I am a terrible craftsman, the work is clumsy, and I am also not wild about the flesh color (I was hoping for a cork look to go with the cork feel). But it does feel great! The extra girth means I feel that I have a more control/precision in my grip, and the soft give of the cork-like gel also helps a lot.

8QURh9C.jpg

xvhVNSg.jpg

The grip I used was:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RY7SZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What I like about it is that there is no adhesive back --- just a tacky gel strip. This means you have a lot of flexibility and tolerance in adjusting it multiple times, plus there is no residual goo left behind when you remove it. The top is secured through electrical tape (which actually makes no contact with the plastic grip itself: it's just wrapped around the gel grip).

The only complication is cutting away the grip from the pinky button.

If your handicraft skills are good, you might prefer to use this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00STUOJCS/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It does have adhesive, so you get once chance to lay it down well. But I imagine the leather both looks and feels better than the cork-like gel grip that I used.

One complication is making room for the pinky button. I had to clumsily hack away at the tape to expose it. I will probably try a more refined attempt at re-doing this once I find the patience!

I plan to do the same for the MCG Pro when I get it. The pinky button there is going to pose even bigger challenges, being in the middle of the grip rather than the side! So here is a maybe a suggestion for VKB: perhaps release a custom-cut leather, "leatherette", or just neoprene/PVC/gel grip wrapper for the grips? I would pay premium for it, and I am sure many folks would too! It improves the feel immensely!

Edited by Bearfoot

I also wrapped my Thrustmaster Wart Hog grip but I used GT-5000 Grip tape, it was easy to use and can conform to curves with a little heat from a hair dryer. I also use it on my handguns and camera equip.

https://www.amazon.com/GT-5000-Strips-phones-cameras-knives/dp/B00C7WXTJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496778987&sr=8-1&keywords=gt+5000+grip+tape

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I also wrapped my Thrustmaster Wart Hog grip but I used GT-5000 Grip tape, it was easy to use and can conform to curves with a little heat from a hair dryer. I also use it on my handguns and camera equip.

https://www.amazon.com/GT-5000-Strips-phones-cameras-knives/dp/B00C7WXTJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496778987&sr=8-1&keywords=gt+5000+grip+tape

Ya, I originally got this, which is similar:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FLQO5IU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But it was too thin. I wanted something that added girth (insert joke here ...)