Manual Waypoint Creation

Fisty

Hi all, I'm having trouble creating manual waypoints in the jet. I follow Chuck's Guide every time, but it's only ever worked once. On most MP Training servers, there are no set waypoints, so I want to be able to create my own. I have followed Chucks Guide to the letter, except for the 1st line because I don't want to insert a WPT after a pre-existing one because I have no waypoints programmed. So I just press 1 ENT. I then see *1 on the UFC Scratchpad. Then I hit POS on the OB buttons, enter the cords (N-2 followed by N cords and hit enter, then hit POS again on the OB buttons, hit E-4 on the UFC followed by 0xx xx xx coords and ENT). I also usually enter Elev data in the same way. I've been advised to try hitting SAVE also after each coord entry but that doesn't seem to have an effect. Anyway, I can see from the EHSD, that the WPT (1) has been created and I can cycle to it using the relevant OSBs but the coords on the EHSD still say 00'00"00 on both lines and on the HUD Nav data shows Wpt 1 0.0Nm. If I try to enter the coords again, they are already stored in the UFC because when I hit POS, I see N xx'xxx"xx and hit POS again, I see E xx'xxx'xx in the scratchpad. But I can't get the coords to transfer across to the EHSD and the Nav system. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

there needs to be at least one Way point for this to work, if there isn't one set up in the mission you can create a mark point using the mark button (MRK1?) on the EHSD page, say before takeoff, This seems to work, from there just follow the usual procedure...

Edited by Tic-Tac

Hi, I know that this is a silly question but did you use the format E 0xx xx xx in the UFC when you enter the coordinates?

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Yep, you need the extra digit before the coordinate for east

Somebody just recently posted this somewhere here in the forum, but I don't know where anymore, but I did save a link to the video.

Hope this helps.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Im pretty sure this is not working in the new Open Beta that came out last week - I was successful in adding waypoints in the past without a markpoint. Now I simply cannot. The waypoint successfully adds, and if I edit the waypoint I can see the north and easting no issues. When I fly close to the waypoint, I can see the waypoint marker on the map... But in nav mode I get no indication of mileage to waypoint or heading to intercept.

Again, the scenario here is starting cold and dark from the ground in multiplayer with a server that has no waypoints created. I've even tried started from the ground hot. No bueno.

Can anyone confirm? Im pretty new to the harrier, but last week I was adding and editing waypoints like a champ following Chucks guide.

TJ

Im pretty sure this is not working in the new Open Beta that came out last week - I was successful in adding waypoints in the past without a markpoint. Now I simply cannot. The waypoint successfully adds, and if I edit the waypoint I can see the north and easting no issues. When I fly close to the waypoint, I can see the waypoint marker on the map... But in nav mode I get no indication of mileage to waypoint or heading to intercept.

Again, the scenario here is starting cold and dark from the ground in multiplayer with a server that has no waypoints created. I've even tried started from the ground hot. No bueno.

Can anyone confirm? Im pretty new to the harrier, but last week I was adding and editing waypoints like a champ following Chucks guide.

TJ

Is this on a public server? If so let me know which one and I will try to recreate. Servers I have been flying on recently have had some pre programmed waypoints and adding extras has certainly been no problem there.

Is this on a public server? If so let me know which one and I will try to recreate. Servers I have been flying on recently have had some pre programmed waypoints and adding extras has certainly been no problem there.

Appreciate your help - i pretty much fly exclusively on BuddySpike, which I've confirmed has never added a waypoint for the Harrier.

EDIT- Adding the markpoint does indeed resolve the issue.

TJ

Edited by Tj1376

Appreciate your help - i pretty much fly exclusively on BuddySpike, which I've confirmed has never added a waypoint for the Harrier.

EDIT- Adding the markpoint does indeed resolve the issue.

TJ

Tested last night, indeed this is a bug, and adding a mark point at any point fixes the issue. I made a whole flight plan, was getting the wrong indications, then added the mark point and all the nav data loaded just fine.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Thanks for all the responses. In answer to one or two people, yes I've been inputting the Easting coords as 0xx,xx,xx.

I wasn't aware of the Markpoint work-around and I'm fairly new to the AV8B, but I did notice that I was able to create waypoints in some servers, but not in others. It makes sense now that it must've been in the servers that already had waypoints where it was working okay.

Would someone provide a step-by-step guide on how to add a Markpoint and do the work-around? Thanks!

Press MK0 and do what you've been doing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Thanks for all the responses. In answer to one or two people, yes I've been inputting the Easting coords as 0xx,xx,xx.

I wasn't aware of the Markpoint work-around and I'm fairly new to the AV8B, but I did notice that I was able to create waypoints in some servers, but not in others. It makes sense now that it must've been in the servers that already had waypoints where it was working okay.

Would someone provide a step-by-step guide on how to add a Markpoint and do the work-around? Thanks!

Hey Fisty! I think you figured this out because I’m pretty sure it was you I talked through on Blueflag yesterday on how to get to gadget.buddyspike.net to see the coordinates of the objective we were targeting. If not, apologies.

Easy peasy- below the map there is an OSB button for MK0. Just press it and it will create a markpoint. Now you can navigate no issues.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk