2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

What new ww 2 map? Any ideas?

There’s been a screenshot from Wags desktop icons from within the DCS GUI menu showing a Straits of Dover icon. No official response.

I would bet there's work being done to populate the areas of the germans campaign in this area.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=200354&stc=1&d=1545443076

My take on the whole world war two for DCS world, it is the next step in a higher Fidelity in flight modeling in World War II, for instance taking a step from war thunder a simple flight model; IL-2 BOX to cliff of Dover, considered a intermediate step and DCS world an advance step into flight modeling of World War II. I feel this is going to be a very great 2019 for WWII flight sim.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Would it be possible in the coming months to get a Newsletter/Wags video about Combined Arms 2.0? (And any exciting developments around it.)

Would really like some insight into how high ED is aiming with this module and what the schedule roughly looks like. (For the last 7 years some of us have sort of been waiting for the module to "get there" :dunno:) Thoughts on the module's history and place in the whole of DCS: World could be interesting too.

And of course a good opportunity to discuss any possible related development like improvements to infantry and maps/environment, damage model, player controllable AA units/Air Defence Networks (ADN), the RTS aspects of the game/user interface, the new CA campaign and the dynamic campaign...

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Cant' wait for news letter of today, usually it gives us a lot of information for the incoming year ;)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Would it be possible in the coming months to get a Newsletter/Wags video about Combined Arms 2.0? (And any exciting developments around it.)

Would really like some insight into how high ED is aiming with this module and what the schedule roughly looks like. (For the last 7 years some of us have sort of been waiting for the module to "get there" :dunno:) Thoughts on the module's history and place in the whole of DCS: World could be interesting too.

And of course a good opportunity to discuss any possible related development like improvements to infantry and maps/environment, damage model, player controllable AA units/Air Defence Networks (ADN), the RTS aspects of the game/user interface, the new CA campaign and the dynamic campaign...

+1 on this.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• ED Team
NineLine what about AI and this mission making stuff coming in with Mac? Is this going to be a DCS update or MAC is a different entity and client?

All content should be usable between MAC and DCS, of course, a mission made for a MAC L-39 won't work with the full L-39. You will be able to run MAC as it's own thing, or play MP alongside other DCS users. It's a little cloudy right now I know, but will become clearer as we get closer.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Taking advantage of the new Dedicated Server system, MAC will allow you to earn accomplishments and points that you can then use to purchase DCS World products. The new system has a detailed point-earning system that is also tied to leader boards and record scores

I'm curious about this. Will it be limited to MAC players?

I am just curious if the current legacy FC3 aircraft will get updates with MAC, like new cockpit textures for Su-25A/T, A-10A and have some old standing bugs remedied (like CCRP for Su-25A, reversed engine animations, autopilot in the Su-25T, etc). Thanks.

Do we see Some new stuff in the MAC? :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I have the impression MAC is a completely new product (and install) and not a module for DCS World, but with a common core and multiplayer compatibility. So pilots using MAC or DCS can play together on a server.

I for one am not overly interested in MAC, but I imagine it will bring in new players by offering easy to learn air-quake with leader boards and shop rewards. And maybe some of them will step up to the wonderful world of DCS.

As long as ED doesn't forego DCS World (and why should they?) this is a good thing in my opinion.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

If ED talking about a special interface to MAC then it's probably a different product and that's why it took a long time to bring it.

I think on the long term we need to separate real dcs modules from FC3 level ones, but this woukd be possible only when we have dcs level Russian modules which is not planned yet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

If ED talking about a special interface to MAC then it's probably a different product and that's why it took a long time to bring it.

I think on the long term we need to separate real dcs modules from FC3 level ones, but this woukd be possible only when we have dcs level Russian modules which is not planned yet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

I think this is where the major delay is at. There are some test servers that are running this to bring this to DCS as we know it now.

• Taking advantage of the new Dedicated Server system, MAC will allow you to earn accomplishments and points that you can then use to purchase DCS World products. The new system has a detailed point-earning system that is also tied to leader boards and record scores.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

For those that purchased the Hawk prior to 1 October 2018, will continue to make DCS World 2.5.3 available, such that you can still fly the Hawk.

They mean they will make the Hawk always compatible with the new DCS release versions? :) (or does "make available" mean that players in future can ONLY fly Hawk on MP servers with the old 2.5.3 version?!)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

You must keep 2.5.3 in your drive to keep flying the Hawk.

wooooow (I don't own the module but I fear owners could be angry about this).

And ED won't go to court vs. VEAO to release the source-code for Hawk?

Or are there military "secrets" (real BAE Systems programming code) programmed into the module? What reason could VEAO POSSIBLY have to not release the source-code to ED?

I suggest ED to offer VEAO a % of every future Hawk sale (negotiate) for making the source-code available to ED.

In the end such a deal would benefit all (current+future) Hawk module owners, VEAO (for the % of sales) and ED for having the module working with every new DCS version.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Or are there military "secrets" (real BAE Systems programming code) programmed into the module? What reason could VEAO POSSIBLY have to not release the source-code to ED?

I suggest ED to offer VEAO a % of every future Hawk sale (negotiate) for making the source-code available to ED.

In the end such a deal would benefit all (current+future) Hawk module owners, VEAO (for the % of sales) and ED for having the module working with every new DCS version.

it's nothing that strange. they don't exist anymore and probably the copyrights can't be transferred to another Entity per agreement. ED would probably have to renegotiate the copyright and that's a lot of time and stupid money, and yes it could also be because they are a Russian Entity.

Lawyers, it always comes down to Lawyers and how much money you have.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Why all the crazy speculation?

The statement is very clear...

"We regret to inform you that VEAO is no longer a developer for DCS World. As such, they have also ceased support of their Hawk. Although we offered to support their product, they declined making the files available to do so."

Edited by Paganus
p

Yeah this MAC product is starting to sound pretty intriguing.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There's a reasonable chance the Hawk code along with the rest of VEAOs assets now belong to their creditors

If you don't mind I would like to ask questions of the official ED representative about the weekly news

"To avoid such issues in the future, all future 3rd party agreements are now required to make

the game files available in case they are no longer able to support their product."

Does this mean that all the current 3rd parties developing content for DCS that have a contract with ED.

That if that 3rd party company failed (as VAEO did) ED would not have the rights to the source files

from that company and we could have another situation like what just happened to the HAWK?

But if a new 3rd party were to sign up,

this new "we have access to your source files" claus would be in effect?

One last question, the agreements of which this refers to,

are they on a module by module basis or a contract allowing a

3rd party rights to develop within the DCS realm?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer and happy holidays

Ps: This is the correct thread to ask this question I hope?

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.