Rift Core 2.0 Update - coming Dec.

dburne

Thanks, I'll have to try it out. For a long time it didn't work, and TS said they weren't going to try to fix it.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks, I'll have to try it out. For a long time it didn't work, and TS said they weren't going to try to fix it.

Yeah it's nothing TS changed, it's just that Dash 2.0 from Oculus now allows you to "pin" windows within your HMD view.

TS is still giving us the big " F you" and hasn't done a thing, not surprisingly. So many other programs have provided a VR overlay and it's something they "still haven't figured out". Pretty crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone figured out how to pin an app running in your desktop to DCS? I can only seem to pin the entire desktop and it doesn't stay in DCS half the time even though it is pinned. I want to pin Acrobat reader with PDFs I need for procedures into DCS but can't seem to figure out how to pin JUST Acrobat reader?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Start in Home, drag your windows app (acrobat) off the desktop into a separate window, position it where you want it, use the 'pin' icon to pin to 'experience'.... start DCS.... Home screen disappears, your app window stays... even within DCS...

Hope this helps

SIGBLOCK.png

Well dang I didn't even think of doing that. One dimensional thinking not realizing the apps could be dragged off the virtual desktop! Thank you sir. I will try that later tonight.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

No didn't see any way to drag the acrobat reader outside the confines of the virtual desktop into DCS. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you said?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

You need the beta version of oculus running..

You need a controller - xbox one will do...

In oculus home, the horizontal tool-bar select oculus desktop and whatever monitor if using multiples...

It will appear....

Use controller to open, say, acrobat file, use controller to drag it off the desktop (try the left trigger), it is then in its own window... lower bar icon pin to experience using the right trigger...

Start DCS.... the window will be wherever you placed it...

Use the lower button on your remote do-dah to switch between DCS and Home for, say, to scroll the pages or move the window etc...

SIGBLOCK.png

I did figure out I needed to unplug a monitor because I run surround but read after that I need oculus touch. An Xbox controller work? I’ll try that. I’m pretty sure Santa is bringing me the touch controllers but I’ll try it with the Xbox controller. I didn’t have much luck with that thing when I first installed core 2.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

I got it thank you. It’s very buggy though and the app doesn’t come right out a lot of times. The acrobat app seems to be the only one that is troublesome though. All the other apps pop right out. Wayyy better than kneeboards though.

ROTORCRAFT RULE